Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 12-29-14, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Many thanks to Laser Movies and Hariseldon for all their contributions! Hope Santa was good to you and very best wishes for the New Year!
Old 01-02-15, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since this is pretty well the central thread for all things B&N then I thought that I'd relate my experience with an order placed August 29th, I used a coupon for it, so in future years this is one way to get a coupon code in January (though I wouldn't exactly recommend it widely).

It was a dvd set going oop I ordered in August, but they still listed it as in-stock and ships within 24 hours. They sent me the Scheduled to Ship e-mail on the same day that I ordered it, but then nothing more until September 20th when I got a We apologize, but due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the item(s) listed below in the time frame we stated in our previous email. We anticipate that your item(s) will be shipped within the next 1-5 business days. Then on the 25th I got an e-mail saying that they needed a confirmation within 24 hours or else they would cancel the order altogether. Since it had been less that a month then I did so, but then I never ever ever heard from them again. Which does irk me, especially as it was holding up $56.20 in gc credit.

So today I finally contacted them again, they couldn't give any idea of if/when they might ever get the item, so I cancelled it. I did ask about a coupon, especially since I had used one originally, and after that she gave me Here is a 15% coupon code ******* Extra 20% off 1 Item. This coupon is valid from January 1, 2015 to March 1, 2015 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time. 7 digits, though I have no idea if it's 15% or 20%? Once they refund my gc's, which I think takes a day or two, then I'll look into placing an order (for the graphic novel sale and/or a new blu/dvd sale if one happens) to find out.
Old 01-02-15, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash
I did ask about a coupon, especially since I had used one originally, and after that she gave me Here is a 15% coupon code ******* Extra 20% off 1 Item. This coupon is valid from January 1, 2015 to March 1, 2015 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time. 7 digits, though I have no idea if it's 15% or 20%? Once they refund my gc's, which I think takes a day or two, then I'll look into placing an order (for the graphic novel sale and/or a new blu/dvd sale if one happens) to find out.
7 digit should be generic. Please post it here after you use it. Thanks!
Old 01-02-15, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pathman
7 digit should be generic. Please post it here after you use it. Thanks!
Interesting, thanks. I'll definitely post it after using it, hopefully it is generic and can help some other people out.
Old 01-02-15, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the regular 15% and 20% coupons will return in a few weeks (see below). Should have a new 20% online coupon for next week. Will post it when it goes live.

Also the 10% member coupon J3P4X4Y that is on the first page got a reset for another year. Now expires Jan. 1, 2016.

Here are the details for the member coupon.

20% Off One Item Coupon Details:

For each valid and current Barnes & Noble Member account, this coupon can be redeemed only once at any Barnes & Noble retail store or only once per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from January 15, 2015 at 12:00 am to January 20, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from January 15, 2014 to January 19, 2015 at close of business.

This coupon entitles you to 20% off one (1) eligible item in your order, while supplies last. The discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books(TM), NOOK Magazines(TM), NOOK Newspapers, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK(R) devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, all LEGO(R) items in the Toys & Games Department and select LeapFrog products (visit www.bn.com/couponexclusions for more details), in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or some promotional discounts when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 01-02-15, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Interesting, thanks. I'll definitely post it after using it, hopefully it is generic and can help some other people out.
Definitely post it after you used it. That does sound like a generic coupon. If customer service is giving these out they probably just use the same coupon code for everyone.
Old 01-04-15, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

15% Off One Item.
Expires 03/01/15
Details: Get 15% Off. Expires on 03/01/2015.

Enter E4B8B7J at checkout
Old 01-04-15, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Maybe Strapped4Cash received the 20% coupon? Looks like there are a series of these getting released every 2 months from now through July. There is both a 20% and 15% coupon. If these are coming from customer service I wonder if they give members the 20% coupon and other customers the 15% coupon?
Old 01-04-15, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's a different one then the one I was given (mine starts with a "J"). They might've given me a member code, though I hope not, as I'm not a member.

The refund on one of my gc's came through, for $31.20, but the other that was $25 hasn't shown up yet. I've been busy, and want to give them enough time to credit me, but I'll contact them either later today or tomorrow at the latest to try to get that other gc credited, make my order, and then post this code. Sorry for the delay, I'm very aware of how much Laser and hariseldon have helped me and others in the past, and do want to give back.
Old 01-04-15, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
You should be able to check the code by just putting an item in your cart and entering the code in the Coupon Code/submit discount. As long as you don't finish the purchase, the code isn't considered used and you can remove it/empty your cart. At least you should be able to tell for sure if it's 20% and member/nonmember.
Didn't know that, thanks! I just did that and it is indeed 20% non-member.
Old 01-04-15, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New 20% online coupon for all customers is now live.

BNCCABIN06
Expires Jan. 8, 2015 at 2:59am ET
Old 01-06-15, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
New 20% online coupon for all customers is now live.

BNCCABIN06
Expires Jan. 8, 2015 at 2:59am ET
Thanks. My wife got addicted to Ticket to Ride from the batch of coupons you sent be before Christmas and now she's been waiting for a coupon to get Settlers of Catan.
Old 01-06-15, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Holy BN Sales. I guess this is actually equivalent to a B2G1 sale
Actually, it's not. In the B2G1, if all 3 items are of the same value it's equal to 33% off. A B1, 50% off 1 sale is equal to 25% off if both items are the same price.
Old 01-07-15, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I keep trying to figure out the best way to make this deal work.
Another possibility occurs to me.

From a purely theoretical perspective which I do no personally endorse, one could try to find an oop title that one knows for sure that B&N either does not have, or you could bet on them not having. Order that (returning it later if it ever does ship) and then something with it, of a lower msrp, that you want and know they will have. Get the 50% off on the guaranteed item you want, and hope that the oop one eventually gets cancelled in a way that doesn't mess with the 50% off. You'd therefore get 50% off one item, with an open order for however long until they close it. Ymmv obviously.

But a little while back I ordered 3 gn's as part of that sale, one arrived damaged (that I'd used a coupon on) and they wanted to refund me only that, thereby turning a B2G1F with 15% coupon into an actual BOGOF. I, of course, declined, despite that it would have been to my advantage. But it did get me thinking, and aware that B&N sometimes will go with the easiest path, even if the customer then winds up with a better deal because of it. Same thing could happen with the above strategy.
Old 01-07-15, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't know, Strapped4Cash. What you're suggesting treads dangerously close to fraud, in my opinion.
Old 01-07-15, 04:36 PM

Will there be in store coupons this week or next?
Old 01-07-15, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by beer me
Will there be in store coupons this week or next?
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/12350773-post10869.html
Old 01-07-15, 05:52 PM
Cool New Member

Another possibility occurs to me.
But a little while back I ordered 3 gn's as part of that sale, one arrived damaged (that I'd used a coupon on) and they wanted to refund me only that, thereby turning a B2G1F with 15% coupon into an actual BOGOF. I, of course, declined, despite that it would have been to my advantage. But it did get me thinking, and aware that B&N sometimes will go with the easiest path, even if the customer then winds up with a better deal because of it. Same thing could happen with the above strategy.
I've ran into this lots of times, due to damage during shipping... which I usually check to see if a local store has the same item in stock to do an even exchange.

Like you said most will do what's easiest, in my case I hand them the damaged book, they hand me the good book, no ring-up through the register and instead treat it as an in-store defect

I have noticed lately an increase in newer managers that are being taught to redirect you ship it back yourself if it looks like the store loose money in the exchange (even for a just difference $1) cause the store's sales numbers gets shafted by online returns (two separate business accounts)
Old 01-08-15, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by ModernSlave
I've ran into this lots of times, due to damage during shipping... which I usually check to see if a local store has the same item in stock to do an even exchange.

Like you said most will do what's easiest, in my case I hand them the damaged book, they hand me the good book, no ring-up through the register and instead treat it as an in-store defect

I have noticed lately an increase in newer managers that are being taught to redirect you ship it back yourself if it looks like the store loose money in the exchange (even for a just difference $1) cause the store's sales numbers gets shafted by online returns (two separate business accounts)
Aaahh the numbers game. I used to work at Circuit City and was well aware of the numbers game. I understood the system pretty well and was able to work out the best deals for me AND my customer, while the company would sometimes lose money in the process. But my numbers always looked good and I got salesman of the month several times.

Yeah, I'd force them to do the return. Why should I pay return shipping so their numbers look good.
Old 01-08-15, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I don't know, Strapped4Cash. What you're suggesting treads dangerously close to fraud, in my opinion.
Perhaps, though I think it worth emphasizing that I'm not suggesting this, and have personally not done it and have no plans to do so. It was purely a theoretical exercise. Some people may not make that distinction, but I definitely do.

And it's likely that a lively philosophical debate could be had on the fact that this wouldn't even be possible if B&N wasn't selling out of stock and oop products as available and that when asked about say that they'll get in sometime between "we don't know and never" and need to be chatted/e-mailed/called multiple times in order to refund the customer for. If they were to stop that then it would be impossible for this loophole to be attempted.
Old 01-08-15, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ModernSlave

Interesting to know more about this, thanks.
Old 01-08-15, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm noticing a lot of smaller sales over there, besides the Buy 1 get 1 Half off, such as:

Westerns DVD & Blu-ray Sale: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?Store=dvd&pro=1479

Up to 50% Off Independent & Foreign Films: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?store=DVD&PRO=3150

$14.99 DVD's (which includes Blu's): http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/?pro...w=grid&sort=sa
Old 01-11-15, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New 20% online coupon now live.

BNOFFERS13 expires 1/15 at 2:59am ET
Old 01-15-15, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^ Forgot to use that one. As predicted by our guru, Laser, I received 15% and 20% coupons via email this morning... Good in-store and online.
Old 01-15-15, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have a lot of 15% coupons if anyone needs any. They are valid through Monday

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.