Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-14, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

15% : Xkdrc1gbgdfxl
Old 11-23-14, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bboisvert
I could use 3 of the 15% if you've got that many to spare. If not, I'll take whatever you have. Thanks!!
Just sent you 3.

Still have more.
Old 11-23-14, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

I'll take one if you still have them.

Do anyone know if there are 20% and 30% due this week?
Old 11-23-14, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
I'll take one if you still have them.

Do anyone know if there are 20% and 30% due this week?
Just sent you a coupon.

More coupons are coming before the Criterion sale ends. Online codes coming tomorrow and a 30% store/online coupon for the BF weekend.
Old 11-23-14, 04:34 PM

15% coupons

MN91F7CRKECB7
SE16MUBV87STK
XT9PZZAD68JNP
Old 11-23-14, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From reading on another forum, hariseldon said the 30% off coupon will more than likely be generic. This makes me feel a bit better. Shouldn't be a problem using a bunch of them at my store this weekend.
Old 11-23-14, 05:29 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by cine
15% coupons

MN91F7CRKECB7
SE16MUBV87STK
XT9PZZAD68JNP
Cine, thx. Used one, looks like the others were used.

Looking for 3 more 15% or 20% if any spares
Old 11-23-14, 05:36 PM
Cool New Member

Some 15 % ones I won't be using

All six Used

Last edited by fulglo; 11-24-14 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Redemmed
Old 11-23-14, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here are some more 15% off codes.

All redeemed

Last edited by Laser Movies; 11-23-14 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-23-14, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Well, Laser said it first quite a few days ago when he posted the fine print. I just added a confirmation that he's right (as usual) since I've laid eyes on what will be the live coupon.
To use the 30% for multiple items, will you have to go to multiple stores or the same store multiple days? I assume online the code is one and done?
Old 11-23-14, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Pink Freud
To use the 30% for multiple items, will you have to go to multiple stores or the same store multiple days? I assume online the code is one and done?
It really depends on the clerk. Some will only let you use one (at all), some will let you use one per transaction, and some will let you use as many as you want. It all comes down to discretion.

What I don't understand is why there is such a discrepancy between clerks. I'd always defer to if the register accepts things. If the register will allow multiple coupons in a transaction, there should be no reason why a clerk should deny it.
Old 11-24-14, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Online should be a one and done PER account.

In store I've had clerks allow me to use it more than once, but not in the same purchase. I usually try to be very gentle in doing it and if they even hint at "one time per customer" I say Thanks a come back a different day if possible. Even with some of my friendlier clerks 2 or 3 times is maximum I'd ever try. There have certainly been reports of folks getting a nice guy into trouble with his bosses for being too nice with these generics.

These coupons are also nice to hand out to other customers making purchases -- around BF and particularly the week before Christmas it's fun to do and if it earns you a few brownie points with the clerks it can't hurt.

I think the computer will block the same code from being applied to more than one item in a single purchase.
Yep. It is possible for them to override the computer and use as many coupons per transaction as you offer....... But they really shouldn't and ought not do that.

However, as Hariseldon says, as long as you're up front about it, it's often possible to use several copies - but it is certainly not a bad idea to print copies. One year the cashier got wary and called over a manager, but even though he read the small print - including "one per customer" - he was fine with me standing there and using several in consecutive transactions.
Old 11-24-14, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If anyone is still looking for coupons there are some new online codes on the first page. No membership is required to use them, but expire on 11/27 at 2:59am ET.
Old 11-24-14, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

B&N is already sending out the 30% coupon by email this morning.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&pid=50839
Old 11-24-14, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks, Laser. I am gonna rape this coupon like there's no tomorrow!
Old 11-24-14, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does using this coupon online disqualify you using it in store?
Old 11-24-14, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gypo66
Does using this coupon online disqualify you using it in store?
No, they are different codes for the online and store coupons. You can use it at both stores and online. Once per account online, and maybe once per visit at a store. I will just add ymmv for store application and usage.
Old 11-24-14, 02:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

..i'm howling at what you just said.....lol..lol...
Old 11-24-14, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just saw the coupon. Don't know if I'm going to end up being able to use it multiple times without hassle.

I'm definitely gonna try though.
Old 11-24-14, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The stores in my area seem to be very strict with the one time rule with a single code coupons. If I walked in with a stack of 30% coupons they most likely would only let me use one. However if I had a stack of single use unique code coupons they will take them all as long as they have different codes. Unfortunately I will probably have to either make multiple trips, or visit different stores to use the coupon more than once.
Old 11-24-14, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
The stores in my area seem to be very strict with the one time rule with a single code coupons. If I walked in with a stack of 30% coupons they most likely would only let me use one. However if I had a stack of single use unique code coupons they will take them all as long as they have different codes. Unfortunately I will probably have to either make multiple trips, or visit different stores to use the coupon more than once.
I fear I might be in the same boat. Last sale, I was able to use seven 15% off coupons in a couple transactions, coupled with a $5 off $50 on each one. If that same manager is there this time, he may allow me to use more than one if we ring them up under single transactions. I don't know if he'll let me do the 40 or so I would like to though.

When I was in there picking up a couple title last weekend, he came over to me and said he was talking about me to some of his fellow employees the other day about how many titles I had picked up last time.
Old 11-24-14, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Just saw the coupon. Don't know if I'm going to end up being able to use it multiple times without hassle.

I'm definitely gonna try though.
In-store, I agree. However, you could go once on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, plus you could hit different stores. May not be worth the gas though. If you have a mall store, like I do, there are likely multiple different register areas where you can pay. My store has 4 (two upstairs, two downstairs). However, all media is restricted to one area. But I could easily use 4 coupons there, if I wanted to buy stuff other than media. I plan to use a 30% and a 20% in the same purchase, and top it off with a $5 off $50. It worked for me the other day, but I plan on re-buying those same items (since I only used 20% and 15% off then, and one item is very expensive). YMMV of course...

But online, you can use it over and over if you have different accounts. Granted, you'd need to hit $25+ after coupon to get free shipping, except for your member account...
Old 11-24-14, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I fear I might be in the same boat. Last sale, I was able to use seven 15% off coupons in a couple transactions, coupled with a $5 off $50 on each one. If that same manager is there this time, he may allow me to use more than one if we ring them up under single transactions. I don't know if he'll let me do the 40 or so I would like to though.

When I was in there picking up a couple title last weekend, he came over to me and said he was talking about me to some of his fellow employees the other day about how many titles I had picked up last time.
Fortunately my wish list only has 15 titles, and most likely I will end up with about half of them when I narrow it down. I like to get the Tati set with the 30% coupon. Probably will try to piggyback another Criterion with the $5/50 coupon. It would have been nice if B&N sent me a few of those snail mail coupons. Might have come in handy for an extra title. Maybe I can get what I want in 2 trips and a few online orders.
Old 11-25-14, 01:27 AM

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Won't be able to hit up the store numerous times like in the past. But from experience, I would use a 30% off coupon in the movie section. Then go to their customer service in the middle of the store to order a movie/book online they may not have in stock. That way I was able to re-use the 30% off coupon at the checkout in front of the store.

I fully plan on using the coupon on multiple online accounts making quite a few orders
Old 11-25-14, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,888 Posts

Can the 30% coupon be used in-store on books that are already discounted 20/30% off? (ie, bestsellers and other books with discount stickers)

The instructions on it seem ambiguous in that regard.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.