Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 11-14-14, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
It appears the BF coupon along with some others are going to be generic codes anyone can use and valid for all customers. Should not require any begging for codes like the current batch.
I'm begging you kind sir. Por favor!
Old 11-14-14, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

It appears the BF coupon along with some others are going to be generic codes anyone can use and valid for all customers. Should not require any begging for codes like the current batch.
Is the 30% off one a member coupon? It'd be nice if there was a 25% non member one to go with that as well. I have a membership so it's not a big deal but it would be nice to get most of the shopping done instead of making multiple trips.

dsa_shea , check your PM as I sent you a few codes. Also sent Marvin a few codes as requested.
Old 11-14-14, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-14-14, 03:41 PM

Let me get this straight before I go to the store. If I go buy 5 movies, I can use 5 of my 15% off coupons? Do they have to ring each of them up separately?
Old 11-14-14, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pink Freud
Let me get this straight before I go to the store. If I go buy 5 movies, I can use 5 of my 15% off coupons? Do they have to ring each of them up separately?
Yes, they should be able to do it in one transaction using each coupon.
Old 11-14-14, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
Is the 30% off one a member coupon? It'd be nice if there was a 25% non member one to go with that as well. I have a membership so it's not a big deal but it would be nice to get most of the shopping done instead of making multiple trips.
The fine print says "for each customer" in the first sentence. No mention of a membership, which indicates it's intended for all customers. Looks like it is going to be a universal coupon since it is the only coupon listed during that time frame. The coupon can be used online and stores. I have my fingers crossed B&N won't add any online restrictions for B&N.com customers.

There is also a one day 25% off Cyber Monday online coupon coming on the last day of the Criterion sale unless the sale gets extended. There is also several 20% and 15% online coupons scattered over the next few weeks for all customers. The only gap is next weekend, but hope maybe a set of 25% store coupons might show up. Maybe will know more next week what to expect.
Old 11-14-14, 04:13 PM

The fine print says "for each customer" in the first sentence. No mention of a membership, which indicates it's intended for all customers. Looks like it is going to be a universal coupon since it is the only coupon listed during that time frame. The coupon can be used online and stores. I have my fingers crossed B&N won't add any online restrictions for B&N.com customers.

There is also a one day 25% off Cyber Monday online coupon coming on the last day of the Criterion sale unless the sale gets extended. There is also several 20% and 15% online coupons scattered over the next few weeks for all customers. The only gap is next weekend, but hope maybe a set of 25% store coupons might show up. Maybe will know more next week what to expect.
Probably a good idea to pick up a couple I want now and wait for the rest. I appreciate the help!
Old 11-14-14, 04:42 PM

Where can I find these coupons?
Old 11-14-14, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by NRB23
Where can I find these coupons?
Which coupons? The future coupons are not even active yet. If you want a current coupon for this week just ask. Someone that has spares will probably give you some.
Old 11-14-14, 05:39 PM

Which coupons? The future coupons are not even active yet. If you want a current coupon for this week just ask. Someone that has spares will probably give you some.
Thanks! Does anyone have spare coupons?
Old 11-14-14, 05:45 PM

I could also use 1-2 or 3 coupons. I've found three Criterion's that I'd like to get up front.
Thanks in advance!
Elinor
Old 11-14-14, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by NRB23
Thanks! Does anyone have spare coupons?
One other thing you're going to need to enable emails on your account to send any coupons. If you get to 10 or more posts then your private messages should get enabled, which is the preferred method to privately contact forum members. However you need to rely on emails until then.
Old 11-14-14, 06:45 PM

Thanks Hariseldon and Sleepyhead!
Old 11-14-14, 07:55 PM
Cool New Member

Looking for 3 15-20% off coupons thanks!
Old 11-14-14, 10:37 PM

I think they're cracking down even more than usual on using coupons in conjunction with the big sales. There were a couple of cashier's at my local NYC location that I could always rely on to allow an $8 of $40 during the Criterion sale. This week they denied me for the first time in years...
Old 11-14-14, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
For those that are buying now, BN return period is 14days so if you buy now it would cut it close for a return/rebuy possibility if you can get a significantly better deal BF weekend.
Always ask for a gift receipt. That way, you have 60 days to exchange for store credit. Plus, I've found most stores to be flexible with the 14-day policy, within a few days. Just smile a lot.
Old 11-15-14, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nealg
Always ask for a gift receipt. That way, you have 60 days to exchange for store credit. Plus, I've found most stores to be flexible with the 14-day policy, within a few days. Just smile a lot.
Excellent tip! Is there anything written about the 60 day gift receipt policy anywhere? I found a blog that mentions they have a 30 return policy with a gift receipt for books dated back in 2008. I will have to ask about it the next time I visit a store.

I did find a post on Yelp for B&N that mentions the 60 day returns for books written during May 2011.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 11-15-14 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-15-14, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

Thanks Hariseldon and Sleepyhead for getting me some coupons!!!
Old 11-15-14, 12:30 AM

To hariseldon -

Coupons received and used

Thank you very much!

If you have any other spares that no one else may want, please feel free to send them along.
Presents for others, myself and for my daughter (when she gets just a little older to appreciate cinema a bit better)
Old 11-15-14, 12:45 AM

hariseldon -

WOW! Thank you!
This will help to contribute nicely to holiday presents.
It is very much appreciated.
I'll be using these later this morning.
Thanks again!
Elinor
Old 11-15-14, 09:23 AM
Cool New Member

looking for one or two 15% or 20% coupons if anyone has any available. thanks in advance!!
Old 11-15-14, 04:18 PM

Excellent tip! Is there anything written about the 60 day gift receipt policy anywhere? I found a blog that mentions they have a 30 return policy with a gift receipt for books dated back in 2008. I will have to ask about it the next time I visit a store.

I did find a post on Yelp for B&N that mentions the 60 day returns for books written during May 2011.
This is ironic, just to add some input. I was just at a B&N and a customer in front of me was returning a dvd from other a month ago and the cashier told him their policy is 14 days but a manager can override and he did.
Old 11-15-14, 04:19 PM

Does anyone have any 20% off they aren't using? Getting close to the end of the coupon use and I plan on making the trip...thanks in advance
Old 11-15-14, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Which NYC store?

Seems I remember the 5th Ave store being really strict.

Union Square apparently cracked down on all coupons a couple sales ago after being the Go-To location for years.

Tribeca and Citigroup seemed to be more liberal

Outside Manhattan it seemed a bit more hit or miss with each report
I live in another state now but when I lived in NYC. 5th ave was the worst, out of 10 attempts to use a coupon maybe once they allowed me even the emailed member coupons. Tribeca would let me stack $8 off $40 and 20% coupons but I was friendly with a few of the cashiers after going there consistently for 5, 6, 7 straight years of CC sales.

I haven't tested the new places around me. Are people having any luck actually using the $8 off $40 on single blu's?
Old 11-15-14, 07:18 PM

If anyone has 2 or 3 more coupons I would love to use them. Gonna make a second trip to Barnes and noble tomorrow for a few more criterions. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.