Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-14, 02:49 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Pretty selfless of Hariseldon to share his extra coupon codes so I'll try to pay it forward to others looking for criterion buying strategies: Basically, 50% Criterion sale plus 10% free trial membership (usually in-store only), and 15% coupon adds up to roughly $15 Blu-rays (many of which are normally priced $40). That's about the best in town compared to Deep Discount on amazon which likes the number $23 (19 plus shipping) and Costco which has limited selections for $19.95. $15 almost forces me to sell my old Criterion DVDs, exchange up to Blu and break even at that price. BTW, get your dual-format Blu/DVD now while they still have them. Criterion announced that they will once again in September go back to separate Blu and DVD releases. DVD purchases will thus save some money but the new Blu-rays will not be any cheaper (even without the extra DVD). I, for one, love having dual format so that I can play a film excerpt in class where there is no HD and enjoy the Blu at home. But the format issue is another thread. Since bargain hunters are on this thread, let me brag about one purchase: Got Pierre Etaix Box Set regularly priced at $59.99 for $13.99 by getting half off ($30) plus 10% membership ($3), plus 5 and 8 dollar combined coupons posted at the beginning of this thread. I doubt most cashiers at BN will combine coupons in such a manner but it helps if 1. You have (or are borrowing) a 2 year old or 2. You chat them up about their cinema interests usually posted on the back wall for each employee. (In this case, the nice gentlemen, "Ridge" recommended "A Serbian Film" with the comment: "Makes Salo and Human Centipede look like Child's Play". Kudos for the Criterion reference but I honestly didn't know what that comment really meant since Child's Play was pretty gory itself. But I digress...
Old 07-07-14, 02:50 AM
Cool New Member

Another great find was the 3 Films by Rosselini regularly priced $99.99 but after 50% discount, membership, plus 20% coupon was only $35.99. (20% coupons were emailed once but you are able to use a friend's if they aren't using theirs). Overall though, you can't beat 50% plus 10% and 15% and I was 4 for 4 of cashiers allowing me to use 3 or 4 coupons for 3 or 4 purchases. But remember, $15 buys you a Blu and a DVD for only a limited time until they stop the dual-format so this might be the last BN sale to take advantage of the dual-formatted ones (I know some don't like the cardboard cases though). Happy hunting, in hiatus until the 15th (Scanners release day!)
Old 07-07-14, 09:58 AM

I brought this up on blu-ray.com, this is for those that want to possibly save even more money when the next batch of coupons goes out:

For those waiting for the next round of coupons, now would be a good time to check on B&N discounted gift cards. If you order a physical gift card, it will be more than enough time to have it in hand when going to the store. For those shopping online, you can have the gift card # and pin sent to an email address. Good way to save even more money especially when using the coupons.
Old 07-07-14, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a reminder for the next batch of coupons. Here are the details for the member coupon. Fine print is is about the same for the non-member coupon.

20% Off One Item Coupon Details:

For each valid and current Barnes & Noble Member account, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store or once per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from July 17, 2014 at 12:01am to July 21, 2014 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from July 17, 2014 to July 20, 2014 at close of business.

This coupon entitles you to 20% off one (1) eligible item in your order, while supplies last. The discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books(TM), NOOK Magazines(TM), NOOK Newspapers, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK (R) devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, LEGO(R) Architecture Studio, LEGO(R) Mindstorms EV3, LEGO(R) Star Wars 10225 R2D2, LEGO(R) Star Wars Death Star and LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra Kids' Learning Tablets, in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 07-07-14, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Titanic and bloody moon -- I just (attempted) to send you emails, but judging from yesterday I'm not confident you'll get them.
got them, used them - many thanks for helping me out! hariseldon you rule!
Old 07-07-14, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And now - a Love Note to our Laser Movies Fellow:

GOOD - GAWD MAN!

There he is! Year after Year, Post after Post, still doing that Good Work.

You really are one HECK of a fine example of how great life can be when there's helpful folks in it like you.

Thanks again, for doin' that stuff you do - (the footwork) - taking time-out to provide all the coupons and info for us.

The Best to you and the ones you care about.

Your Old Time OtterVille Buddy & Friend,

THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 07-07-14 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Because it's what I do.
Old 07-07-14, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by The Edit King

GOOD - GAWD MAN!

You really are one HECK of a fine example of how great life can be when there's helpful folks in it like you.

Thanks again, for doin' that stuff you do - (the footwork) - taking time-out to provide all the coupons and info for us.

THEEK!
Seconded. Thanks so much for all your hard work!
Old 07-07-14, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by nymets
I brought this up on blu-ray.com, this is for those that want to possibly save even more money when the next batch of coupons goes out:

For those waiting for the next round of coupons, now would be a good time to check on B&N discounted gift cards....
From where?
Old 07-07-14, 05:06 PM

Non DVD B&N news...

"Get Pop-Cultured at Barnes & Noble"

July 23
Batman day

July 23-27
DC Comics spectacular

July 24-27
Comic Con collectibles

Aug 2
Marvel day

B&N locations - some? many? all? - will be having events, raffles, giveaways and discounts to tie in with these days. DC and Marvel will probably be discounts on comics, but may include films, while the ComicCon tie-in is rumoured to include some of the Funko Pop! figures that are SDCC exclusives this year.

Something else to think about when you're loading up on Criterion discs!

As with Criterions, a possible/probable helpful hint: B&N locations will often* let you order things in, hold them for a few days and then sell them to you instore. The benefit of this is that when there are sales - Criterion, DC, Marvel - you can order in what you want to buy and then buy it at the discounted price.

Thus, if anyone finds out what discounts will be offered on comics [and anything else], please share the information!

*Ours is great; some have had difficulties.
Old 07-07-14, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by ntnon
From where?
Go to giftcardgranny.com, select buy gift cards, in the dropdown select Barnes And Noble and it'll bring you to a page with a list of discounted gc's. Just find the gc's that you want and click the shop button. Might want to filter out ebay since those are mostly for bidding.
Old 07-08-14, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nymets
Go to giftcardgranny.com, select buy gift cards, in the dropdown select Barnes And Noble and it'll bring you to a page with a list of discounted gc's. Just find the gc's that you want and click the shop button. Might want to filter out ebay since those are mostly for bidding.
Are these real gift cards or are they something a user would get for returning merchandise? Just asking because some of the values are weird, such as $12.95 and $16.94.
Old 07-09-14, 04:45 AM

thank you so much to hariseldon and laser movies all those 15% coupons. you two are phenomenal.

i stocked up on my criterion collection blu-rays this weekend.
Old 07-09-14, 09:11 AM

GOOD - GAWD MAN!

THEEK!
I'd also like to extend my appreciation to Laser. I really don't hang out at DVD Talk anymore, but this is one thread I still check regularly (even if I don't post much anymore) and I truly appreciate the information.
Old 07-11-14, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have found a coupon for 10% that expires next year. Not sure if it is a one-time user or not. It is only for members. It is for one item of anything.

J3P4X4Y
Old 07-11-14, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ntnon
Non DVD B&N news...

"Get Pop-Cultured at Barnes & Noble"

July 23
Batman day

July 23-27
DC Comics spectacular

July 24-27
Comic Con collectibles

Aug 2
Marvel day

B&N locations - some? many? all? - will be having events, raffles, giveaways and discounts to tie in with these days. DC and Marvel will probably be discounts on comics, but may include films, while the ComicCon tie-in is rumoured to include some of the Funko Pop! figures that are SDCC exclusives this year.
Sounds neat, but no stores in my area come up for the event... I have 4 local stores, but nada.
Old 07-11-14, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Sounds neat, but no stores in my area come up for the event... I have 4 local stores, but nada.
Neither does ours... yet, but it's plastered in posters and the staff seem to be promoting it, so it may be worth asking one or other store, just in case.

Rumour update for Batman Day is free masks, posters, maybe a Detective #27 reprint (should also/instead be at comic shops), and Buy 2, Get 1 on DC books.
Old 07-12-14, 12:50 PM

I have a question about the store use of coupon codes. Proceeding the coupon code is a hyperlinked string of letters and numbers starting with www.barnesandnoble.com/. Is that string always the same or does it change when there is a new set coupons?
Old 07-13-14, 02:52 AM
Cool New Member

Yes, I second that, special thanks to hariseldon and others who are posting coupons. So far, I am enjoying the selection of blu-rays that have recently come out and probably wouldn't have splurged had not the prices been discounted somewhat.

There is a great list of titles mastered in 4K or higher that include, of course, a number of the criterion titles (you'll have to google it since I cannot post links as a new member). For those, like me, who do not have a 4K TV, but instead a standard Hi-def 1080 TV, I was delighted to find out that those 4K discs do look a lot better even without the 4K TV. I thought it was my imagination but CNET writes that the discs will have an enhanced bitrate because they will not include the usual extras like director commentaries. Most Blu-ray titles normally have a bitrate of somewhere between 24Mbps to 30Mbps, but the mastered in 4K disc will reach 35 to 38. CNET notes that should produce a clearer picture and one with less blurring in scenes that depict fast motion."

Speaking of which! Does anyone know when the next batch of coupons are mailed out or online?
Old 07-16-14, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Yay! New coupons tomorrow!
Old 07-16-14, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Yay! New coupons tomorrow!
Probably the last round of coupons for the Criterion sale since the next ones are not scheduled until July 31 and the sale ends on the 28th.
Old 07-16-14, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

GOOD - GAWD MAN!

THEEK!
It only took me over a week to notice you posted. I must be getting old.

You're probably only saying all this nice stuff because you want to borrow some of my new Criterion blu-rays.
Old 07-16-14, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
Probably the last round of coupons for the Criterion sale since the next ones are not scheduled until July 31 and the sale ends on the 28th.
Unless I can get an $8 off of $40 pushed through, I'll have to wait until November for Insomnia.
Old 07-16-14, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Will these coupons arrive via email?
Old 07-16-14, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could use as many as 1 online and 1 in-store printable coupon. 15% each. Much thanks as always if anyone can help with one or both of those.
Old 07-16-14, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Will these coupons arrive via email?
Yes!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.