Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-13, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by ctyankee
Bought Zatoichi yesterday with 40 percent coupon, so before tax @60 bucks. So great that the department manager did a timely reorder after selling their initial batch. It was delivered by UPS yesterday and they promptly called me. Nice. Thanks to Laser Movies for the head's up on the coupon.
So, to confirm, it's as simple as printing out the coupon and instructions and bringing them up? I've read some of the tips regarding sale terminology (discount vs promotion) and was a little confused. Understandably, all clerks are different but... what was your method? Just saying, "give this coupon a shot."? or...
Old 11-30-13, 12:19 PM

Picked up Zatoichi box set, the Criterion transfer is superb, the picture quality is outstanding even on the DVD disc.
Old 11-30-13, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by teddyleevin
So, to confirm, it's as simple as printing out the coupon and instructions and bringing them up? I've read some of the tips regarding sale terminology (discount vs promotion) and was a little confused. Understandably, all clerks are different but... what was your method? Just saying, "give this coupon a shot."? or...
I used the 40% off on the Zatoichi set twice yesterday (2 different B&N). One for in-store purchase, the other for home delivery. Both times I presented the 30% and 40% coupons and asked that they try the 40% first. If it didn't work, I'd be happy with the 30% off. Both times they agreed to try and it worked. However, if you print it out make sure they enter 706511 and not BFRIDAY40. The terms and conditions that is linked in this thread states "Store Coupon BFRIDAY40 and Online Coupon 706511". It's backwards.
Old 11-30-13, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

My process is to print out the coupon/instructions. I then print the 6 digit code in large letters in the white margin. I then hand them the printout saying "I have a coupon. I hand wrote the 706511 code in large text so you could read it." Works every time.
Old 11-30-13, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by goosh
However, if you print it out make sure they enter 706511 and not BFRIDAY40. The terms and conditions that is linked in this thread states "Store Coupon BFRIDAY40 and Online Coupon 706511". It's backwards.
Yeah, I was denied yesterday because of the way it reads. The cashier was immediately suspicious, wouldn't even try it, and ended up calling two different people over. Thankfully I had the 30% with me to use instead.
Old 11-30-13, 03:32 PM

Long Island B&N clerk took it without question and managed to get the Zatoichi for 65 bucks.

I won't be able to get away with using the coupon again in-store right? At least, not in that location?
Old 11-30-13, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
If the clerk will enter the code, it will work as many times as they'll enter it -- same store, same clerk, doesn't matter
I had an odd experience today -- 3 different clerks. First time the coupon rang 40% off; second time 30%; third was 20%. Not sure what happened.
Old 11-30-13, 05:35 PM

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Anybody know if there'd be any problem getting the $75 + $10 giftcard deal online from a non-US address...?

Also, if it's a gift, does the giver or the receiver get the subsequent $10 e-mail..?

Last edited by ntnon; 11-30-13 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-30-13, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ntnon
Anybody know if there'd be any problem getting the $75 + $10 giftcard deal online from a non-US address...?
I didn't see any restrictions against it in the fine print.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/help/h....asp?PID=41145

BN.com Gift Card Holiday Promo

Earn a Free $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card with purchase of $75.00 worth of Gift Cards or Barnes & Noble eGift Cards at Barnes & Noble.com. This offer is valid only on purchases of Barnes & Noble Gift Cards and eGift Cards totaling $75.00 in a single transaction only at Barnes & Noble.com. This offer is also valid on purchases of customized Barnes & Noble Gift Cards totaling $75.00 in a single transaction initiated through links on Barnes & Noble.com and processed and fulfilled by Cardways.com. The value of your qualifying Gift Card and eGift Card purchase must total at least $75.00 to qualify for the $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card. Sales tax, gift wrap, processing charges, shipping and handling charges, or any additional charges will not count towards the qualifying purchase amount of $75.00. This offer can be redeemed only once per customer. Your purchase must be made between November 3, 2013 and December 3, 2013 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time to qualify for this offer. No promotion code is necessary. The $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card will be automatically delivered via email to you on December 26, 2013 to the email address associated with your $75.00 BN.com Gift Card / eGift Card purchase on Barnes & Noble.com.

Additional Rules Governing this Promotion: This promotion is (i) not redeemable for cash; (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) may not be combined with any other promotion; and (iv) not valid at any Barnes & Noble retail bookstore or Barnes & Noble College bookstore or website.

Barnes & Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Returns or cancellations of qualifying Barnes & Noble Gift Cards or eGift Cards may result in forfeiture of the $10.00 Promotional Barnes & Noble eGift Card. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 11-30-13, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

The online 40% off coupon is only good once per account. A great deal on books, since they tend to match Amazon.com's prices on books.
Old 11-30-13, 07:12 PM

Laser, this goes without saying, but seriously thank you so much for everything you do in this thread. You've helped many people, myself included, get some killer deals at BN for these past few years (and probably many more given your join date and this thread's 2008 creation).

So again, THANK YOU.
Old 11-30-13, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by georgec
Laser, this goes without saying, but seriously thank you so much for everything you do in this thread. You've helped many people, myself included, get some killer deals at BN for these past few years (and probably many more given your join date and this thread's 2008 creation).

So again, THANK YOU.
Laser Movies is a national treasure. The Library of Congress is thinking of archiving his posts for posterity in granite. I just wish Barnes & Noble made it less onerous to use his info.
Old 11-30-13, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Tried using the 40% code for Zatoichi on the mobile site and got this:

Your order does not yet qualify for coupon BFRIDAY40. For coupons that requires a specific payment method, please check the validity after adding your payment method during checkout.

...any ideas?
I got this too. I updated my payment method and tried a different account and I still get it. Any one know why?
Old 11-30-13, 10:40 PM

I call nearest B&N and they have none of Barrell in stock. So I ask if I can order over phone and use coupon I got in email said she would ask and got mgr. on phone, I explained i'm 90 min drive away and wanted to use coupon not drive there just to use it. He took all info said would check it and could take coupon. I was excited but when he ran my debit card, says" it spit it back and wouldnt apply the discount" WTF does that mean i said nah I needed to use the coupon to get it he couldnt explin why it wasn't taking.

So now i'm debating whether to drive over and try to use the coupon in person to order it, or does the ordering throw it off? He was shipping to my home should I ask to have it sent to store does that matter?
Old 11-30-13, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Criterions still do not qualify for online coupons.

The 40% will work through the mobile site for anything that the 30% will work on through the Main site, but it won't unblock Criterions or Doctor Complete or Breaking Bad Complete or preorders or any otehr ineligible items.
Thanks I must've missed that. I thought it would unblock everything. Maybe a trip to the store ...
Old 12-01-13, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

During the day it usually just takes a few minutes, but at night or holidays I heard other people say it takes a while.

I'm assuming you finally got yours -- how long did it end up taking?
It took just over an hour. But by that point, I was already sleeping... Tis OK, I've already used all but 10 bucks from it...
Old 12-01-13, 02:25 AM

Thanks! Just bought the complete Farscape on DVD for $41.72 including tax. The mobile site wouldn't let me enter a new payment method at the checkout screen, so I had to do it from the account link at the top of the main page. Odd, that.
Old 12-01-13, 02:27 AM

Any suggestions on what Blu-rays to use the 40% off on online? Not a member and not near a store at the moment so can't try it on Criterions. Also don't want to pay shipping online so it would have to be an expensive item but everything I've checked is close to Amazon pricing even after 40% off (like Neil Young Archives).

Thanks
Old 12-01-13, 06:54 AM

Gangsters Ultimate Collection--the one with White Heat?
I think its around $29.xx right now without coupon
Old 12-01-13, 08:28 AM

Try calling a different store. I know folks have ordered it over the phone, but it takes somebody going out of their way to do it. Probably better to have somebody you trust to buy it and ship it/bring it to you
Yea no option for that next nearest one with one in store is 5 hr away
Old 12-01-13, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Brewc
I call nearest B&N and they have none of Barrell in stock. So I ask if I can order over phone and use coupon I got in email said she would ask and got mgr. on phone, I explained i'm 90 min drive away and wanted to use coupon not drive there just to use it. He took all info said would check it and could take coupon. I was excited but when he ran my debit card, says" it spit it back and wouldnt apply the discount" WTF does that mean i said nah I needed to use the coupon to get it he couldnt explin why it wasn't taking.

So now i'm debating whether to drive over and try to use the coupon in person to order it, or does the ordering throw it off? He was shipping to my home should I ask to have it sent to store does that matter?
Shouldn't matter - home, I've found is better. I suspect the difficulty in this case was that the BB set technically isn't eligible (hence the need to order instore at all), so you need to circumvent it somehow, which ordering in person (and theoretically by phone) should do...

If you can't get a store/seller by phone, I did have one thought - although it's a bit convoluted and could involve me (a relative stranger) saying 'trust me', since it does need a person instore...! If you called in an order for $150 gift cards, which would get $20 in bonus ones, someone could then go in person, place the order on your behalf, shipped to you, and pay with the cards you already paid for (I make the total plus tax to be $135)! Ta-da.
Old 12-01-13, 01:11 PM

Guys I did get a mgr to do an order over the phone for me and he verified the coupon would take 40% off before paying but, when he ran my card he says it spit the coupon back and wouldn't take it, either the 40% or 30% off any ideas why he sure didn't know, or didn't want to apply it.
Old 12-01-13, 01:25 PM

Unless I'm getting confused - I'll need to check the box and my receipt - I think I got a particularly good deal on The Leopard, since it seems to be listed at $50 on Criterion.com but only $40 instore at (my) B&N...

EDIT: Amazon thinks the DVD is $40, too, so maybe the Criterion website is wrong in this case..?

Last edited by ntnon; 12-01-13 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-01-13, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Brewc
Guys I did get a mgr to do an order over the phone for me and he verified the coupon would take 40% off before paying but, when he ran my card he says it spit the coupon back and wouldn't take it, either the 40% or 30% off any ideas why he sure didn't know, or didn't want to apply it.
..I suspect the difficulty in this case was that the BB set technically isn't eligible (hence the need to order instore at all), so you need to circumvent it somehow..
I'm sorry it didn't work over the phone this time.. it's quite possibly because it was all done on computer; the way I (and others) order online-instore involves placing the order in one go, then taking the printout to a checkout and paying separately. Paying for "an order" rather than specifically for a specific item seems to allow discounts and coupons that might otherwise be (reasonably legitimately, but frustratingly) disliked by the computer. I'd hoped that a phone order would include the same number of steps and thus work, but... it appears not in this specific case. Sorry...

I should be heading that way later this afternoon, do you want to give my several-step plan (above) a try..?!
Old 12-01-13, 01:33 PM

Thinking about the above messages... surely the 40% isn't loosely-tied to payment with a MasterCard...?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.