Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-13, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
All 20 titles that I'm interested in are half off.
Wasn't that way a few hours ago. There were only about 14 blu-ray titles that were on sale. A lot of stuff was still showing up at list price.
Old 11-05-13, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I'm thoroughly confused -- did this post read differently at some point or am I missing something? I get the impression from LaserMovies later post that maybe this was $25 online at some point maybe

Instore for members at max would be $36 -- with a 15/20 or 8off coupon it would be well less than the online price
That price is online only. BN put the DVD price on the BD set. Won't be that cheap in stores.
Old 11-05-13, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I'm thoroughly confused -- did this post read differently at some point or am I missing something? I get the impression from LaserMovies later post that maybe this was $25 online at some point maybe

Instore for members at max would be $36 -- with a 15/20 or 8off coupon it would be well less than the online price
No, just pointing out the prices for the DVD and blu-ray sets are apparently reversed from what they should be. With the online 15% off code it knocks $6 off the current $39.99 price for the blu-ray set. I'm not sure how that makes it look like it comes out to $25. I'm going to doubt it is the same at a store.
Old 11-05-13, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
No, just pointing out the prices for the DVD and blu-ray sets are apparently reversed from what they should be. With the online 15% off code it knocks $6 off the current $39.99 price for the blu-ray set. I'm not sure how that makes it look like it comes out to $25. I'm going to doubt it is the same at a store.
Actually, the dvd and blu-ray versions are both $99.95 retail at Criterion.com. I didn't have time to "show my work" earlier, but I used a 20% off member coupon for $31.99 before tax. In-store, the price is $49.99 - 10% member - 20% coupon = $35.99 + tax.

QED.
Old 11-05-13, 03:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ugh. Fucking B&N.
Really?
Old 11-05-13, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nealg
Actually, the dvd and blu-ray versions are both $99.95 retail at Criterion.com. I didn't have time to "show my work" earlier, but I used a 20% off member coupon for $31.99 before tax. In-store, the price is $49.99 - 10% member - 20% coupon = $35.99 + tax.

QED.
You're correct. I looked at Amazon and both list for $99. I assumed the DVD would have a lower list. Anyway the blu-ray is currently going at a lower list making it a good deal online.
Old 11-05-13, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by nealg
Here's a heads up: 3 Films By Roberto Rossellini starring Ingrid Bergman is $39.99 online, 50% off $79.99. That saves $5 over in-store purchase even for members.
They fixed it, the online price is $49.99 now.
Old 11-05-13, 04:10 PM

Currently 15% off code RMN15BN is working online and is valid for all customers.
"Your order does not qualify for coupon RMN15BN. You may remove it or replace it with another coupon."

tested it myself, doesn't work!
Old 11-05-13, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like the online price mistake for the Rossellini/Bergman set has been fixed and coupon use has been shut down.
Old 11-05-13, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It didn't take long to add the coupon restrictions for the Criterion sale. Well hope my order for the Rossellini set goes through without getting canceled. Now have to see what happens in the stores during the next few days when the new coupons come out.
Old 11-05-13, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here is confirmation of the store coupons for this week. I will probably have some extras to give away for anyone that needs one.

Also have confirmed online coupons A4J8B7A and J8R9M4T are now live! However not eligible with the Criterion sale.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 11-06-13 at 12:17 AM.
Old 11-06-13, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^

I'll be first in line to request any spare coupons. Many thanks in advance.
Old 11-06-13, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd love an extra 20% off coupon if you have one, Laser. Thank you.
Old 11-06-13, 08:40 AM

If anyone has any extra Barnes and Noble coupons I would love one. Thanks!
Old 11-06-13, 09:02 AM

Here is confirmation of the store coupons for this week. I will probably have some extras to give away for anyone that needs one.

Also have confirmed online coupons A4J8B7A and J8R9M4T are now live! However not eligible with the Criterion sale.
So if it doesn't work online, is there a chance it will not work in store?
Old 11-06-13, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Would love to throw my hat in the ring for an extra coupon if any become available. Thanks!
Old 11-06-13, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rob26Smith
So if it doesn't work online, is there a chance it will not work in store?
If you're asking about store coupons there is never a 100% chance you'll be successful. However the odds are definitely much better than online. It generally depends on the store or the employee if they will accept them or not.
Old 11-06-13, 11:35 AM

I'd like to request a 20% coupon if you can spare one. Thanks.
Old 11-06-13, 01:59 PM

Hey Laser Movies,

I tried to message you, but I'm a newbie on here when it comes to posting on the forum, and I'm unsure if you got the message. I'm unable to find in my profile where it shows messages sent out or received. I'm not a barnes and noble member, but if you get any non member coupons later in the week that you can spare, please let me know. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
schmicky

Last edited by SCHMICKY; 11-06-13 at 02:02 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-06-13, 04:12 PM

Thanks again for this thread, Laser Movies. I'm a nonmember and would like to try the 20% off coupon in-store that you posted on the first page, or one of the 15% off ones, but in the past I remember we've typically had a printable coupon with a barcode, not just a number. Is there a way to get the barcodes? They're not showing up when I look at the current coupons/links, and having a printable image of a coupon with a barcode may make it look a lot more legit to the B&N cashier.
Thanks for any info.
Old 11-06-13, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ElCambio
Thanks again for this thread, Laser Movies. I'm a nonmember and would like to try the 20% off coupon in-store that you posted on the first page, or one of the 15% off ones, but in the past I remember we've typically had a printable coupon with a barcode, not just a number. Is there a way to get the barcodes? They're not showing up when I look at the current coupons/links, and having a printable image of a coupon with a barcode may make it look a lot more legit to the B&N cashier.
Thanks for any info.
The coupons you are asking about doesn't seem to have a printable coupon available online even though there is a store coupon number mentioned in the fine print. So there is no coupon with a barcode I can post. It's possible these were coupons that were mailed or given to select people for a special promotion. It might be a gamble, and certainly a huge ymmv, but a B&N store may accept the store coupon code if you asked, or show the information for the coupon and code. Sorry there is nothing further I can do in this situation.

Also to everyone else asking for a coupon I will only have a limited number to give away when they send them out tomorrow, and may have to ration them to one per person if there is a huge demand. The extra coupons are going to only be for 15% off a single item you can use ether online, or print out for store use. I will not have any extra 20% coupons because I will be lucky to get one with my membership. Since I didn't receive any of the other 20% member coupons that were recently mailed out by B&N I like to use at least the one for this week.
Old 11-06-13, 07:13 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

My stores are no good around here. Yet again they wouldn't take my 20 percent coupon. The register said items not eligible for discount. The clerk called a supervisr and read the coupon. As always it said not good with another promotion and they wouldn't take it. This store took coupons last time. I'm probably gonna get very little this time.
Old 11-06-13, 07:58 PM

Also to everyone else asking for a coupon I will only have a limited number to give away when they send them out tomorrow, and may have to ration them to one per person if there is a huge demand. The extra coupons are going to only be for 15% off a single item you can use ether online, or print out for store use. I will not have any extra 20% coupons because I will be lucky to get one with my membership. Since I didn't receive any of the other 20% member coupons that were recently mailed out by B&N I like to use at least the one for this week.
That's cool, no worries. Thanks anyways Laser.
I have two email accounts that get coupons sometimes, so hopefully they send me the 15% coupon.
Old 11-06-13, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by g
My stores are no good around here. Yet again they wouldn't take my 20 percent coupon. The register said items not eligible for discount. The clerk called a supervisor and read the coupon. As always it said not good with another promotion and they wouldn't take it. This store took coupons last time. I'm probably gonna get very little this time.
It was really just a matter of time. It's been clear that corporate didn't want to allow stacking during an already generous sale. The website was first to ban coupons, and it's slowly trickled into stores. Now it's apparently in the main POS system. It will still be YMMV, but it looks like the 'glory days' have passed us by (in the wink of a young girl's eye).
Old 11-06-13, 11:48 PM

I was able to use the 8 off 40 coupon for a criterion which, with the 10% member discount brought my copy of 'Safety Last' to about $10. At first the register balked, but I simply told the girl to key it in manually and it worked. I find just acting like its fine and explaining patiently to them how to do it usually works (unless you happen to get a manager in which case they usually block it). So what are people recommending? I bought of ton of Criterions back during the summer sale, so I'm not sure if there is anything interesting worth picking up. I believe the next Chaplin is due out soon (City Lights).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.