Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-13, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by bgart13
Well, geez. It'd be nice if they emailed me this information, being a member and all...
if they did that, you might be able to actually use it.

they might as well have made a donation to The Human Fund.
Old 10-09-13, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of new generic 20% coupons for this week. Valid for all customers at stores and online.

Updated first page with all the new coupons.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Laser Movies; 10-09-13 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-10-13, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These new coupons are remarkable. I wonder if their membership numbers and related sales have been slipping since they've done so much to prevent multiple coupon use.
Old 10-12-13, 05:17 PM

The guy in the music department at my Barnes told me a 30% off (retail) blu and dvd sale starts tomorrow. It runs through Saturday.

I checked just now and I see this has been mentioned in other threads, but I thought I should share it here.

I'm afraid that they might block the coupons for the sale online, so I think I might order a blu today that's 27% off right now.

Last edited by nealg; 10-12-13 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-14-13, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Alfred-hitchcock-the-essentials-collection only $39.99, thus $32 after coupon, with free shipping. Not as good as the UK Masterpiece Collection deal, but not a bad price if you only want those 5 films.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 10-14-13 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-14-13, 02:03 PM

WOTS is that the BN Criterion sale will run from November 5 - December 2.
Old 10-14-13, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by georgec
WOTS is that the BN Criterion sale will run from November 5 - December 2.
Cool. I have a few on my list still... Thanks!
Just curious, but what street? Sesame Street? Dunno if you can trust Oscar, if that's where you got your info.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 10-14-13 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-14-13, 02:26 PM

Haha, nice!
Old 10-16-13, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by nealg
The guy in the music department at my Barnes told me a 30% off (retail) blu and dvd sale starts tomorrow. It runs through Saturday.
Old 10-21-13, 03:44 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Thoroughly disgusted with Barnes & Noble. It's almost as if they look for reasons NOT to sell their merchandise.

Called there this morning, talked with a guy who had to check with his supervisor to find the answer to one of my questions. I'd asked him if they were participating in the 30% off sale on DVDs/BDs, he had the answer for that: yes. Then I asked him that if there were DVDs/BDs I wanted but the store didn't carry them, if they could place an order for them at the store, to be picked up at the store, and if they would still qualify for the 30% off, after checking with his supervisor he said yes. Everything sounded rather pleasant, encouraging.

Went to the store this afternoon, fully expecting to order, then to pick up 4 BDs and a DVD I've been wanting (with 30% off), that I knew they didn't carry in their store. The guy wasn't there so I spoke to his replacement. She acted like what I was asking went against every rule in the book, but she checked with someone (a supervisor I presume) who said yes I could order the BDs to be delivered to the store, picked up at the store, and qualify for the 30% off, but ONLY if they arrived at the store by the 26th. If they arrived after that, too bad, sale's over. (WTF?)

Not only that but when I had her look up one of the BDs I wanted and knew they didn't carry in the store, the price she quoted me was higher than the price they had at the website. Hey, wait a minute, what's up with that? I asked her HOW CAN YOU HAVE AN IN-STORE PRICE ON SOMETHING YOU DON'T EVEN CARRY IN-STORE, WILL PROBABLY NEVER CARRY IN-STORE??? It's just Barnes & Noble's policy, sir.

I threw up my hands, said never mind, and walked out disgusted. I hope that fucking place goes belly up. If it does, they brought it on themselves for their anti-sales and pricing policies. Fuck heads. Guess I'll just wait for another online sale to use my gift card, they don't carry anything I'm looking for in the store.
Old 10-21-13, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kd5
Went to the store this afternoon, fully expecting to order, then to pick up 4 BDs and a DVD I've been wanting (with 30% off), that I knew they didn't carry in their store. The guy wasn't there so I spoke to his replacement. She acted like what I was asking went against every rule in the book, but she checked with someone (a supervisor I presume) who said yes I could order the BDs to be delivered to the store, picked up at the store, and qualify for the 30% off, but ONLY if they arrived at the store by the 26th. If they arrived after that, too bad, sale's over. (WTF?)
Well, the sale is supposed to be "in stores only" which I always interrupt as only on the product carried in stores. If everyone could just go to a store and have them order whatever they saw online and get the 30% discount, it would technically be an online sale as well. I think you were lucky that the supervisor was even willing to give you the 30% on ordered items if they came in before the end of the promo. I see that as a loose interpretation of the terms of the promo.

Originally Posted by kd5
Not only that but when I had her look up one of the BDs I wanted and knew they didn't carry in the store, the price she quoted me was higher than the price they had at the website. Hey, wait a minute, what's up with that? I asked her HOW CAN YOU HAVE AN IN-STORE PRICE ON SOMETHING YOU DON'T EVEN CARRY IN-STORE, WILL PROBABLY NEVER CARRY IN-STORE??? It's just Barnes & Noble's policy, sir.
She probably quoted the MSRP since that's the stickered price of everything in store. I believe B&N is the only major retailer with a significant movie section (in some of their stores at least) that doesn't have some kind of price matching policy. They're way behind the times. And I read about people's frustrations with the differing price online and in-store frequently. It's angering customers daily and B&N must know this.

Last edited by E_v_i_l; 10-21-13 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-22-13, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Added a couple of new generic online codes to the first page that are valid for all customers. However they are not live yet. May want to try them Wednesday.
Old 10-22-13, 07:39 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by E_v_i_l
Well, the sale is supposed to be "in stores only" which I always interrupt as only on the product carried in stores. If everyone could just go to a store and have them order whatever they saw online and get the 30% discount, it would technically be an online sale as well. I think you were lucky that the supervisor was even willing to give you the 30% on ordered items if they came in before the end of the promo. I see that as a loose interpretation of the terms of the promo.
Then I should have never called there, should've never gone there. By that strict interpretation, I would have already known they didn't carry the videos I want (I visit there regularly so I know what they don't carry) and that sale would have been meaningless to me.
Old 10-22-13, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 332 Likes on 251 Posts

What's with those coupons for "one item" anyways? You'd think they'd want you to load up on stuff while you're there, but Borders did the same thing and look where they are now.
Old 10-23-13, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
What's with those coupons for "one item" anyways? You'd think they'd want you to load up on stuff while you're there, but Borders did the same thing and look where they are now.
They're trying to maximize their profits. Lure you into the store with the coupon for an item and hope that you'll buy additional items at full price while you're there.

I thought that Borders did offer some coupons for a percentage off your entire purchase. If I'm remembering correctly, the percentage was typically 20% which was really low compared to their one item coupons which were regularly 30-50% off.
Old 10-23-13, 02:36 PM
Cool New Member

Is there a link to the in-store coupons (with the image to let the clerk scan the barcode)?
Old 10-23-13, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is there a link to the in-store coupons (with the image to let the clerk scan the barcode)?
If there are store coupons they don't usually put them out until the day before. Have not had a chance to look yet. Don't have time at the moment but will look for some later in the day.
Old 10-23-13, 03:15 PM
Cool New Member

The coupons started today though, right?
Old 10-23-13, 03:16 PM
Cool New Member

Oh, I see now - coupons work online now, but officially start tomorrow.
Old 10-23-13, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks as if there are going to be unique code coupons coming tomorrow as well. Here are the store coupons I ran across. Couldn't find any generic store coupons.

Old 10-23-13, 06:39 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks. But...no bar codes?
Old 10-23-13, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks. But...no bar codes?
You have to be signed up and receiving B&N special offer emails to get a link to a store coupon with a valid bar code to use it. I will probably have some spare coupons tomorrow to give away if you're not signed up. What I have posted is only a sample to show what to expect for tomorrow.
Old 10-23-13, 09:26 PM
Cool New Member

I am - but they don't send them. I've been going around and around with B&N about it. Great treatment for a paying member...
Old 10-23-13, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am - but they don't send them. I've been going around and around with B&N about it. Great treatment for a paying member...
I've been there before. Went through the email and coupon problem with a past member account. You'll probably never get anywhere with them. It's easier to use a different email address to get coupons, or in the future sign up for a membership with a different account and ditch the old one.
Old 10-24-13, 10:33 AM

If anyone has a 20 or 25% off coupon they are not using, please let me know. I'll return the favor as I don't usually use these every time, but would like to this time!

Thanks in advance!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.