Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-12, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I may have to take this back. Doesn't look like any new coupons until next week. B&N has been slowing down the frequency of new coupons since the Criterion sale. They were often going every other week, but now going about every two weeks.

However next week B&N is going to have some more surprise coupons again. Ran across these today, but they are dated for next week.
Oh good, another "surprise" coupon that they won't bother to send to me. I have a B&N membership and I've signed up for every B&N mailing list I can find, and I still never get any coupons from them (plenty of spam email about books that I'm not interested in, but never a coupon). I've even contacted them about it a few times, and nothing. If it weren't for this thread, I'd never know about any of their coupons (so thanks, LASERMOVIES! ). Very frustrating, especially when these offers come up.
Old 08-17-12, 10:18 AM

My source comes from toddly6666 at http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=203280 who said the manager at his store said "there's a one-week sale on all Blu-rays from August 28 to September 4."

Pure speculation at this point. Maybe LASERMOVIES could confirm within the next few weeks.
Old 08-17-12, 12:15 PM

I will be purchasing a NOOK in the near future and wanted to see if I could get some $$$ saving tips from the experts. I have a B&N membership and am looking for any coupons I may be able to use. It appears that the $5 Off $50, the standard 15%/20%, and the upcoming "surprise" coupons are not eligible to use on the NOOK or NOOK products. Any advice? Thanks.
Old 08-17-12, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arcane93
Oh good, another "surprise" coupon that they won't bother to send to me. I have a B&N membership and I've signed up for every B&N mailing list I can find, and I still never get any coupons from them (plenty of spam email about books that I'm not interested in, but never a coupon). I've even contacted them about it a few times, and nothing. If it weren't for this thread, I'd never know about any of their coupons (so thanks, LASERMOVIES! ). Very frustrating, especially when these offers come up.
I thought it was frustrating with the last round of surprise coupons because you couldn't use them for a lot of things B&N had on sale. I'm not really looking forward to the next ones if they are going to end up putting restrictions on a lot of DVD and blu-ray titles like they did last time. Because it was also during the Criterion sale really sucked.

Originally Posted by Louisville S
My source comes from toddly6666 at http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=203280 who said the manager at his store said "there's a one-week sale on all Blu-rays from August 28 to September 4."

Pure speculation at this point. Maybe LASERMOVIES could confirm within the next few weeks.
I will keep an eye out for any news I can find. I thought we had a similar blu-ray sale before but can't remember when it was.
Old 08-17-12, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by goosh
I will be purchasing a NOOK in the near future and wanted to see if I could get some $$$ saving tips from the experts. I have a B&N membership and am looking for any coupons I may be able to use. It appears that the $5 Off $50, the standard 15%/20%, and the upcoming "surprise" coupons are not eligible to use on the NOOK or NOOK products. Any advice? Thanks.
Are you planning on buying new or refurbished? You can usually save money on refurbished models if available, and they look like new. I think they also have the same warranty as the new models.

Also when I was recently searching for coupons I ran across a few Nook coupons. Not sure when B&N plans to send these out but would recommend to keep a close watch on future emails from them. Because the coupons I saw didn't have any barcodes they cannot be used unless they are sent from B&N and have a unique valid code.

One other suggestion to save money would be to purchase some discounted gift cards and use them to pay for a Nook. Plastic Jungle and Cardpool are two good places to get them.

Update: Added the NOOK coupon

After examining the coupon more closely I noticed it says member renew in the web address for the coupon.

More on refurbs or pre-owned. Here are some links if you're interested. If you pay with discounted giftcards it's more savings. However if you buy online might want to look for higher value cards since you can only use 3 per order.

$129 Certified Pre-Owned NOOK Color
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/cert...ble/1100666155

$74 Certified Pre-Owned NOOK Simple Touch
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/cpo-...ble/1102471846

Get a Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet 16GB for $140 at Overstock
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33153_7...16gb-for-$140/

Last edited by Laser Movies; 08-17-12 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-20-12, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mhanlen1
You should have gotten it pretty quickly via text. If all else fails you could just get someone to text you the wording of the Buzz text and it should work.
Has anybody used the Buzz $5 off $15 code recently - i.e. is it still valid..?
Old 08-21-12, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Louisville S

I have not seen anything yet for the blu-ray sale but did run across this today for Criterion blu-rays. If the blu-ray sale happens looks like this is going to follow.

I went backtracking through the thread around this time last year and there did seem to be a 40% blu-ray sale going around the end of August into September.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...&promoid=10717

Buy 2 Criterion Collection Blu-rays, Get a 3rd Free Offer Details:

This offer is in effect at BN.com from 12:00 a.m. EST September 4, 2012 to October 2, 2012, at 2:59 EST a.m., and at Barnes & Noble stores from September 4, 2012 to October 1, 2012 at close of business, while supplies last.

Buy three (3) or more qualifying Blu-rays from our Buy 2 Criterion Collection Blu-rays, Get a 3rd Free promotion and get the least expensive Blu-ray free! Simply look for the Buy 2 Criterion Collection Blu-rays, Get a 3rd Free icon or message on select Blu-rays.

At BN.com: Simply place 3 or more qualifying Blu-ray in your BN.com Blu-ray is yours FREE! Your credit for the least expensive Blu-ray will appear at Checkout. Shipping charges may apply.
At Barnes & Noble stores: This offer applies only to the selected Blu-ray titles with a "Buy 2, Get the 3rd Free" label. Buy three (3) or more qualifying Blu-rays and you will get the least expensive Blu-ray free.
Additional Rules Governing this Offer: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards or eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of any other products other than Blu-ray discs bearing the Buy 2 Criterion Collection Blu-rays, Get a 3rd Free icon or message (iv) not valid on shipping or handling expenses, or applicable sales tax; (v) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, etc.); and (vi) not valid at Barnes & Noble College retail bookstores or websites. This offer may not be combined with any other coupon or promotion, or with the Educator Discount. Void where prohibited by law.

Returns or cancellations that affect the minimum number of items purchased may result in a charge for the item of lesser value originally received as free. You will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit, debit or Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments and will notify you via e-mail of such charge or debit. Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Void where prohibited by law.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 08-21-12 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-21-12, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I know it has been sort of slow with new coupons lately but I think things are going to pick up soon. We have the surprise coupons coming later this week. Next week looks like there will be a new 20% and 15% coupons from August 30 through September 4. If you have a membership watch your mail in the near future for either some 20% or 15% online and store coupons valid until the end of September. I have a feeling they are going to start showing up around the beginning of the the month. Hopefully I can get all the online codes and add them to list.
Old 08-22-12, 12:55 AM

The severe lack of coupons would've been dire if not for the Buy 2 Get 1 free on DC graphic novels. Grabbed the entire Fables run (again!). Managed to use one save $5 off $50, but then I got denied at the closest store by the manager, so I have not bothered there again. His excuse was 'they were on sale already' but even after we read the fine print out loud it was still denied. Oh well.
Old 08-23-12, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I received 9 surprise codes this morning. When I input them, every single one reverts to the same shortened code for 15% off. It's never been like this in the past. I always receive 9 codes and at least 1-3 of them are for 20%-30% off. Oh well, the wait for 20% off continues.
Old 08-23-12, 09:16 AM

I got my one code (used to get two from different accounts but now only one from one unique email account) and it was the 15% off as well. A total waste as far as I'm concerned. I've been very close on numerous occasions to not renewing my membership, but this time I'm really going to let it go. B&N just isn't doing enough with codes and such for me to keep renewing. Plus, they've completely changed their pricing structure with a couple of smaller dvd companies I personally like a lot. I'm no longer able to get good deals with them - even using an occasional 20% off coupon - like I used to. So it will be adios for me in a couple of months when my current membership expires.
Old 08-23-12, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finally got an actual surprise code after never getting one before and it's for 20%...now to see if there is anything I can get in store. Any deals right now?
Old 08-23-12, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by conscience
Finally got an actual surprise code after never getting one before and it's for 20%...now to see if there is anything I can get in store. Any deals right now?
Yeah, there's a buy-2-get-1-free on DC Comics trades. If you're savvy about what you purchase you can get great deals. I used my code to get 20% off an already discounted hardcover that I was going to buy anyway, threw in two more discounted $10 trades.
Old 08-23-12, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GaryO
I got my one code (used to get two from different accounts but now only one from one unique email account) and it was the 15% off as well. A total waste as far as I'm concerned. I've been very close on numerous occasions to not renewing my membership, but this time I'm really going to let it go. B&N just isn't doing enough with codes and such for me to keep renewing. Plus, they've completely changed their pricing structure with a couple of smaller dvd companies I personally like a lot. I'm no longer able to get good deals with them - even using an occasional 20% off coupon - like I used to. So it will be adios for me in a couple of months when my current membership expires.
I can't blame you for your decision to not renew your membership in a few months. So far B&N has not given me a reason for renewing my membership after it expired in mid July. With the exception of the Criterion sale my purchases have dramatically dropped this year because of less good deals, fewer coupons, and more restrictions using coupons. I can't justify spending the $25 for a membership if I'm only going to use it a couple of times a year.
Old 08-23-12, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm putting my surprise coupons up for grabs. All codes are 15% off a single item.

Q5FMAPM6TC2P5
TBYABGQBCYYMF
UTVE75CNJYBQ7
6UL2943U2S827
A2JVUFC5CF8RU
F59VSDCVF9AEC
Old 08-23-12, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Free to good home:

DSDQ3S97TP5MP

15%
Old 08-23-12, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

And here's my 15% code for whomever wants it:

B814Y2747F3C8
Old 08-23-12, 09:15 PM

Are the 'surprise's online-only, then...?
Old 08-23-12, 09:44 PM

I got some 20% coupons in the mail today. They're good until 09/30.
Old 08-24-12, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, looks like I once again didn't receive a single coupon. This company is sure saving me a ton of money. I haven't stepped foot in one of their stores in months.

And I think they removed the email sign-up page. The holiday one is no longer active and the one that was on the front page is nowhere to be found now.
Old 08-24-12, 04:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got a 30% off. Might actually have to spend it!
Old 08-24-12, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by kodave
Got a 30% off. Might actually have to spend it!
Online, or printable?
Old 08-24-12, 10:17 AM

...B&N is going to have some more surprise coupons again. Ran across these today, but they are dated for next week.

images.barnesandnoble.com/pImages/email/2012/08/coupons/0823_m_SummerSurpriseSave2_coup.gif

images.barnesandnoble.com/pImages/email/2012/08/coupons/0823_nm_SummerSurpriseSave2_coup.gif
Any update on these - i.e. barcodes - by any chance...?
Old 08-24-12, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ntnon
Any update on these - i.e. barcodes - by any chance...?
To get a valid coupon with a barcode you need to receive a link to it from B&N. Each coupon has a unique code that can be used once either online or at a B&N store.
Old 08-24-12, 06:51 PM

I can't blame you for your decision to not renew your membership in a few months. So far B&N has not given me a reason for renewing my membership after it expired in mid July. With the exception of the Criterion sale my purchases have dramatically dropped this year because of less good deals, fewer coupons, and more restrictions using coupons. I can't justify spending the $25 for a membership if I'm only going to use it a couple of times a year.
Yeah, I think my heyday where I would make a dozen or so orders from B&N.com are definitely over. The final straw for me was a combination of fewer online codes, never getting anything better than a 20% off personalized code via email, and the starting prices not being what they used to be. So I'll be letting my membership run out this time around. I've only got a little over a month to go and then that will be it.

Thanks again for all the great work you've done with these codes, and other B&N info, over the years, Laser. I've greatly appreciated it!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.