Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 07-19-12, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by JoeDoakes
1. Does anyone know when the buzz coupon expires?

2. Can the buzz coupon be used more than once?

Thanks
1. It supposedly expires seven days after you get it.

2. You can use it every 8 hours or so or when the shift changes. j/k
*It is supposed to be a one use coupon but some people are using it more than once.
Old 07-19-12, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used the buzz coupon 3 separate times with my B&N card for three separate transactions. 2 of those transactions were on the same visit with the same cashier.
Old 07-19-12, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long time lurker, but first time posting...

When we use the BN Buzz promotion, do we need to use the same Visa card we signed for the promotion with (or a Visa card for that matter?)
Old 07-19-12, 08:30 PM
Sem

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
*It is supposed to be a one use coupon but some people are using it more than once.
Once again, nowhere in the text message it says it's a one use coupon.
Old 07-19-12, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sem
Once again, nowhere in the text message it says it's a one use coupon.
Someone said that it says it on the Buzz website. I have not verified this though. Or maybe it was that it's not to be used in combination with any other offer. Whatever it was, it doesn't sound like it's supposed to be working- but it is.
Old 07-19-12, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mhanlen1
Someone said that it says it on the Buzz website. I have not verified this though. Or maybe it was that it's not to be used in combination with any other offer. Whatever it was, it doesn't sound like it's supposed to be working- but it is.
To clear up any rumors or misinformation here is the fine print on the offer from the web site.

http://www.visa.com/barnesandnoble/?...ampaign=bnbuzz

* Not all Visa cards are eligible for this Program. Without limitation, Visa Buxx, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Visa cards, EBT Visa cards and other Visa-branded cards whose transactions are not processed through the Visa U.S.A. payment system are not eligible to participate.

** Enrollment offer of $5 off of an in-store purchase of $15 or more is valid at Barnes & Noble store locations and not valid for purchases made on the BN.com website. Offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. See below for additional Offer Terms & Conditions.

Offer Terms and Conditions

Each offer may only be redeemed once per customer, per mobile device.

Unless otherwise stated in the offer language, all Barnes & Noble coupon offers are (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK Tablet™, NOOK Color™, NOOK®, and their related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. Returns or cancellations which affect the minimum number of items purchased may result in forfeiture of discounts applied at the time an order is placed and you will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit card or debit your Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments. Offers are subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. All offers are not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 07-20-12, 01:13 AM

Wow I'm really surprised they don't use a unique code.

Picked up For All Mankind BD for $14.99 with Buzz Code. The cashier had to call someone to find out how to enter it. He needed to enter that code #. Paid cash, non mention of needing to use a Visa card.
Old 07-20-12, 02:42 AM

any online code
Old 07-20-12, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
To clear up any rumors or misinformation here is the fine print on the offer from the web site.

Thanks for the post. So it's one time use AND not to be combined with other offers. I can't believe they haven't locked this one down yet... or at least educated the employees.

Last edited by mhanlen1; 07-20-12 at 03:03 PM.
Old 07-20-12, 12:17 PM

none of the codes are working with 50% off criterion sale
Old 07-20-12, 12:20 PM

Odd, it seemed to have worked for other people just fine...

I am gonna give my local store a shot tomorrow, never had a problem with coupons there, I was able to use my mystery coupon last week, well i didnt take off money on the criterion but the cashier thought it was a fluke so did it an override for me
Old 07-20-12, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mhanlen1
Thanks for the post. So it's one time use AND not to be combined with other offers. I can't believe they haven't locked this one down yet... or at least educated the employees.
The fine print is more or less the same as compared to other store coupons from B&N. Fortunately a lot of B&N employees don't strictly enforce the rules and will honor them. However I wouldn't be surprised if B&N expires the coupon in the near future and replaces it with something with a lesser value like they have with the online Buzz coupons. The online coupons were reduced from 20% to 15% off one item.

Originally Posted by zoran009
none of the codes are working with 50% off criterion sale
That has been the case since last week after the surprise coupons came out. Only the store coupons have been working.
Old 07-20-12, 12:53 PM

Can someone snap a picture of their screen with the buzz text visible and post it?
Old 07-20-12, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by efordvt
Can someone snap a picture of their screen with the buzz text visible and post it?
BN Buzz: Thanks for enrolling! Visit your nearest B&N Store in the next 7 days to save $5 off your in-store purchase of $15 or more with code: 503101
Old 07-20-12, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Boy, does it work!^^

I'm going to post all the Criterion's with receipts in the next few days. I'm going to probably have a 100+ CC's for sale on DVD in the next few weeks...
Old 07-20-12, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by True_Story1011
BN Buzz: Thanks for enrolling! Visit your nearest B&N Store in the next 7 days to save $5 off your in-store purchase of $15 or more with code: 503101
Nono take a pic of the text screen so people who cant get buzz to work can hold up their phone.
Old 07-20-12, 04:33 PM

Nono take a pic of the text screen so people who cat get buzz to work can hold up their phone.
You know you could just get a friend to Text you the exact wording and add them as "B&N Buzz" to your contacts.
Old 07-20-12, 04:42 PM

You know, I did it using fakeiphonetext.com and I'm gonna give it a shot.
Old 07-21-12, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nono take a pic of the text screen so people who cant get buzz to work can hold up their phone.
dude, seriously...

I had my wife CCP and send it to my phone as a fwd: message, then say something like 'hey honey hope this helps with your addiction. lol'

I didn't sign up - I've purchased DOZENS of films without any questions using this coupon.

It's all about the approach to the CSR.
Old 07-21-12, 03:49 AM

Was wondering if we had any forum members here from the Portland,OR area.
Looking for some advice on which B&N location(s) I should be looking to go to
and or avoid as far as the coupons go (8/40, 5/50, Etc).

If anyone from around Portland could PM some solid info/experiences so far this
sale, I would be willing to help with some coupons codes in the future. I have
three active e-mail accounts that have each received every coupon(s) they
have ever sent over the last seven years. So anytime they have the unique
single use codes, I always have three to work with.
Old 07-21-12, 04:02 PM

Got another Buzz txt today... 15% of 1 item...

used that along with the $5 off $15 today buying a Blu and some books for my daughter.

the Blu got 10% off along with a portion of the $5 and a portion of the 15%.

I may got back and try to get the Samurai Trilogy blu tomorrow using both coupons
Old 07-21-12, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Code: 503101 $5 off $15 coupon buzz. When is expires ??
Old 07-21-12, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jtnguyen12
Code: 503101 $5 off $15 coupon buzz. When is expires ??
Nobody knows. They claim it is valid for 7 days, but the same code has been active for months... I used it twice tonight. Got Cronos for $12.99, and bought the Ultimate Simpsons book in-store (since my online order is still backordered) for $17.48. Slightly more than the online price, but at least I was able to pick one out in good condition...
Old 07-23-12, 07:58 PM

Went in today to use the new 15% off BN Buzz code and was turned away for the first time. I found it amusing the amount of effort they put in just to prevent a sale. First the clerk claimed they had no idea what BN Buzz was, and this was the same store clerk that I had used the $5 off BN Buzz code with the very day before. I had to Google search the Visa webpage with the BN Buzz promo and show them the page myself. Then they said that the codes were not stackable with the Criterions. I politely mentioned that there isn't any of those specifications in the text message that's sent alongside the code. Then, just as the Manager on duty was ready to acquiesce and put thru the discount, the original clerk found the fine print on the Visa site and the Manager rescinded the exception they were going to make. I just walked out of the store. The least they could've done was allow me the exception since I had to be the one to educate them about the promo, and let me walk out of the store with a 75% off Criterion in my hand...
Old 07-23-12, 09:22 PM

On the subject of clerks turning down coupons: I own the whole Criterion Collection, but I'm way behind on the Eclipse sets. So I've been using this sale to catch up on those. I've found that the clerks are much more likely to allow both the $8 and the $5 off transaction coupons with Eclipse sets. I'm not sure why, since most of those are less than $40 at 50% off, but there is something about their high original prices that makes the clerks friendlier with coupons. FYI.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.