Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 07-13-12, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Jaymole
Yeah, 5th avenue is the strictest. I have never been to the Tribeca store. The Citicorp and 86th st stores have been hit and miss during the last couple of sales which is why I frequented the Union Square store. But now that they have added sarcasm to their denials, I will not be going there anymore.

Maybe I will check the Tribeca store then.

Good luck, let us know how it goes
Old 07-13-12, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jaymole
Yeah, 5th avenue is the strictest.

Maybe I will check the Tribeca store then.
The Tribeca store is pretty good from my experience in previous sales but maybe they've gotten stricter since my last visits. Union Square was also quite good but I haven't tried it during the current sale. The pits was always the Fifth Ave. store which tries to deny even valid coupon transactions.
It always depends on who takes care of you. YMMV.

Tribeca has low foot traffic. You may find yourself alone in the media dept. Never seen more than 2-3 people in that section. Union Square is always busy and that means fast rotation of sales clerks. At Tribeca they may have to call a sales clerk from a different dept. (happened to me a couple times).

Last edited by Mosskeeto; 07-13-12 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-13-12, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have two memberships. No mystery coupon for me in either one. I guess that's the mystery.

Last edited by movielib; 07-15-12 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-13-12, 03:24 PM

I'm going to try the 86th and Lex store after work today and report back. I'll try the Tribeca store tomorrow if I can't get what I want today.
Old 07-13-12, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfly
I tried it to see if I could apply it to an order and it wouldn't let me.
It won't work on Criterions. If it was another item and it didn't work, somebody already used it.
Old 07-13-12, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

Tried a mystery coupon in the store today and the clerk was willing to take it but the register wouldn't recognize it. I told them that I would pass and wait on an actual coupon to come out. They didn't have a problem with that.
Old 07-13-12, 06:18 PM

Got the Criterion Blu-ray World on a Wire with the Mystery Coupon registering 30% off. Total of $12.59. Very sweet.
Old 07-13-12, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by ec461
I'm going to try the 86th and Lex store after work today and report back. I'll try the Tribeca store tomorrow if I can't get what I want today.
Didn't work. There were two clerks and I innocently asked how much the Mystery coupon was for with the Gold Rush BR in my hand and he said it won't work without batting an eyelid. The other clerk knew as well because I overheard her telling another customer.

I'll try Tribeca tomorrow.
Old 07-13-12, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I tried to return one item of a B2G1F that was priced at $14.99 and the clerk said I'd have to return the full order for a full refund: No partial order refund.
I'll just have to try another branch later.
My two mystery coupons have turned out to be 30% off each. Now to figure out how to take advantage of them.
Old 07-13-12, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will there be any membership coupons for the sale towards the end of the month?
Old 07-13-12, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcfly
Will there be any membership coupons for the sale towards the end of the month?
I expect at least another round of coupons before the sale ends. Most likely the usual 20% member and 15% non-member we usually get.
Old 07-14-12, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
I tried to return one item of a B2G1F that was priced at $14.99 and the clerk said I'd have to return the full order for a full refund: No partial order refund.
I'll just have to try another branch later.
My two mystery coupons have turned out to be 30% off each. Now to figure out how to take advantage of them.
why would you expect them to let you return one of the two things you paid for in a B2G1 deal? you're basically asking them to make it a b1g1 sale instead. They'll never let you return one item...it's all or nothing.

I swear it's people who try crap like this that ruins things for everyone else.
Old 07-14-12, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 441 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by brizz
For me it's the people who try to use the $8 off of $40 coupons on $39.99 titles. I have never tried this now would I ever try to get away with doing that and I believe the more people who try/get away with it, the more B&N will crack down on using any coupons with these sales.

Last edited by Jaymole; 07-14-12 at 04:02 AM.
Old 07-14-12, 11:15 AM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

I'm probably jumping the gun a bit...but...make sure to check your credit card charges online if you can. I'm seeing a bunch of charges from B&N that don't add up. Some are still in pre-auth mode, but I'm afraid they may start charging for the overlap. Just a heads up to keep an eye on it. Not positive yet. They could drop.

Last edited by dex14; 07-14-12 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-14-12, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
I'm probably jumping the gun a bit...but...make sure to check your credit card charges online if you can. I'm seeing a bunch of charges from B&N that don't add up. Some are still in pre-auth mode, but I'm afraid they may start charging for the overlap. Just a heads up to keep an eye on it. Not positive yet. They could drop.
What if you paid for your orders through paypal? They can't do anything like this with that payment manner, right?
Old 07-14-12, 12:05 PM
Premium Member

Received 676 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Extra codes for those who need them. Please let others know these are used

All 15%
PZC6GEQRLACNA
HTV8KZQTADQ21
VXYC3BBFAAJ87
Thanks for posting those hariseldon.

I was going to use one, they are all spoken for already it appears.
Old 07-14-12, 12:32 PM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
What if you paid for your orders through paypal? They can't do anything like this with that payment manner, right?
No. And like I said...I could be jumping the gun. But I do see bunch of pre-auths that dont add up. I could have to do with them splitting up the items in the order.
Old 07-14-12, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I still have two coupons to give away if anyone wants them. I have a 15% and 30% coupon I'm not going to use. If no one claims them in the next hour I'll post them for the lurkers.

Edit: the 30% code is gone. One remaining.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 07-14-12 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-14-12, 01:16 PM

Is the $40 minimum limit in $8-off-$40 before or after the 50% off sale discount?
Old 07-14-12, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by cine
Is the $40 minimum limit in $8-off-$40 before or after the 50% off sale discount?
It should be before the discount based on the language on the coupon but I had a manager at B&N tell me that it was after the discount when I tried to use it today to buy the Samurai Trilogy on Bluray. Given that B&N have apparently blocked these coupons for use on Criterions during the sale, it's a YMMV situation.
Old 07-14-12, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 441 Likes on 249 Posts

I reserved 4 items online at the Citicorp location yesterday and went to purchase them today. Found out that they are not taking reservations on Criterion titles online because of the demand for this sale. It would have been nice if they would have notified me of this as I received e-mail verifications that they were being held. Of course 3 of the 4 titles were sold out.
Old 07-14-12, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Extra codes for those who need them. Please let others know these are used

All 15%
PZC6GEQRLACNA
HTV8KZQTADQ21
VXYC3BBFAAJ87
I just ran through all these codes and they are still active. They are not going to work with Criterions, or most other titles on sale. If you are going to use one make sure you don't see the following message on the product page.

Note: This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated.
Also here is my last coupon for 15% off that is now up for grabs.

P4LZ3VQDKS5BA

Last edited by Laser Movies; 07-14-12 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-14-12, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by brizz
why would you expect them to let you return one of the two things you paid for in a B2G1 deal? you're basically asking them to make it a b1g1 sale instead. They'll never let you return one item...it's all or nothing.

You must not have seen my previous post regarding my situation (#6547) where I was hoping for a refund of 1/3 of my total purchase. Responses indicated varying degrees of success (#6550, 6551), obviously YMMV. as long as the title in question wasn't the free one.
Old 07-14-12, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TheHypnoToad
It should be before the discount based on the language on the coupon but I had a manager at B&N tell me that it was after the discount when I tried to use it today to buy the Samurai Trilogy on Blu-ray. Given that B&N have apparently blocked these coupons for use on Criterions during the sale, it's a YMMV situation.
I tried an $8 coupon on Samurai Trilogy. It didn't scan, prompted a hard look at the coupon, and (almost) a call to the manager. At the last second, she hit a few keys and it went through. She said, "these have been buggy". Indeed. $23.49 + tax.
Old 07-14-12, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well here's my sorry update: My second and final B2G1F order arrived yesterday and everything was fine except REPULSION was the STANDARD DVD and not the BLU! So I immediately called them and told them they made a mistake. They said no mistake, "you ordered the standard DVD." Damn plus sigh, they were right. In my haste to get that second order in before the overlap ended I inadvertently ordered the wrong item.

So now I have to send it back at my expense and then call to replace the order with the Blu in order to still keep the B2G1F promotional price active.

I blame this all on Criterion for having the same price for Standard and Blu! Curses on them! They are responsible for my being a failure in life and my lawyer says I have an excellent case against them!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.