Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-12, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by ec461
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I didn't mean GC purchases, I meant purchases made by GCs. That way you can double dip - go through TCB to PlasticJungle and buy gift cards for nearly 20% off, then go through TCB to B&N, use coupon codes and the gift cards and get another 7.5% cashback.
You can try it but I don't think it's going to work if you pay in GCs. I've given up trying to get cash back when I use GCs on purchases at B&N. None of the web sites I tried would give me cash back. When I contacted customer service about it at one site they said B&N will not approve cash back on payments made with GCs. There was also nothing written on their web site that said GC payments did not qualify.
Old 07-11-12, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
You can try it but I don't think it's going to work if you pay in GCs. I've given up trying to get cash back when I use GCs on purchases at B&N. None of the web sites I tried would give me cash back. When I contacted customer service about it at one site they said B&N will not approve cash back on payments made with GCs. There was also nothing written on their web site that said GC payments did not qualify.
I paid for most of my orders with gift cards and used TCB. This was my first use of TCB so I'll know shortly if they are giving cash back when using cards.
Old 07-11-12, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Well if you're near a store you might be able to talk them into making an exception of ordering it for you at 50% off. I pulled this off once when the America Lost and Found set was coming out near the end of an earlier Criterion sale. It doesn't hurt to ask. However it's definitely a long shot but you have nothing to lose if they say no.
Thanks LASER!
I'll try!
Old 07-11-12, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by aznboy
Thanks LASER!
I'll try!
Good luck! I also remember seeing this post in the Criterion sale thread in the blu-ray bargain forum that someone successfully was able to order Quadrophenia that is getting released on August 14 for 50% off. So it is possible if you can find a store employee that is willing to do it.

Originally Posted by Sondheim
Fell asleep before the good deal last night - which is kind of disappointing - but I went into the store today and picked up the first few titles and signed up for a membership. When the worker saw that I was looking at Criterions, she volunteered that I could also pre-order next month's Quadrophenia for 50% off, which I did.
Old 07-12-12, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by g

I had my latest problem with BN.com I'm like the Charlie Brown customer with this place. I placed exactly one order during the overlapping sales. I had 2 gift cards. The site kept saying my gift cards were declined.
I had the exact same problem too. Apparently they are having a problem with their system. I called BN customer service after being declined for using 2 gc. What the CS rep told me was that currently their system can only accept one GC. Luckily, I put in another order with a CC after my order got declined but the GC that got accepted was still at $0. I canceled the order I used with my 2 gc and they promised that I would get the full balance for the one GC that was accepted.

So if you're planning on using GC to pay for orders make sure they cover the entire amount or use a CC to pay for the rest.
Old 07-12-12, 02:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got my mystery code.... 15% off. (I'm a non-member.) I was about to scoff at that, then I looked at the email again and saw the discount code could have been as low as 10%. Congrats to those who can score 20% or higher.
Old 07-12-12, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Didn't get one myself. Checked my account's communication settings and it didn't have e-mail alerts selected, so I updated it. Hopefully these mystery codes didn't all get sent out at once so I might still have a chance of receiving one before the 15th.

Still, if anyone has a code they don't plan to use... I'd really appreciate a PM.

EDIT: Nvrmind. The coupons no longer work with the Criterion sale. Not that anyone here offered me their code anyway....

Last edited by joe_b; 07-12-12 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-12-12, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Are the mystery codes online only?
Old 07-12-12, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by joe_b
Didn't get one myself. Checked my account's communication settings and it didn't have e-mail alerts selected, so I updated it. Hopefully these mystery codes didn't all get sent out at once so I might still have a chance of receiving one before the 15th.
I do have the communication settings checked and even put my e-mail again on another page on the site about getting info about deals and such and still didn't get one.
Old 07-12-12, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PopcornBandit
Are the mystery codes online only?
Should be able to print it out some way since Laser posted shots of a coupon (with no barcode because of the unique codes) earlier in the thread.
Old 07-12-12, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got six 15% coupons and two 20% coupons. Usually I get at least one 30% in there, so it's possible the average coupon percent is lower this time.
Old 07-12-12, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
I had the exact same problem too. Apparently they are having a problem with their system. I called BN customer service after being declined for using 2 gc. What the CS rep told me was that currently their system can only accept one GC. Luckily, I put in another order with a CC after my order got declined but the GC that got accepted was still at $0. I canceled the order I used with my 2 gc and they promised that I would get the full balance for the one GC that was accepted.

So if you're planning on using GC to pay for orders make sure they cover the entire amount or use a CC to pay for the rest.
That sucks. I just bought two GCs and was going to use them on the same order. You could use many before.
Old 07-12-12, 07:36 AM

I got two 30% off coupons out of 14. Plan on using them. Maybe 3 20% off and the rest were 15% off. I signed up for emails using one of the links and the gmail dot trick. I think I'm going to sign up for 40-50 more 'accounts'.
Old 07-12-12, 07:42 AM

So these coupons are stackable with the Criterion sale? I have two email accounts with them (one I just created Tuesday) and didn't get any coupon codes. Shit. I made sure my email preferences were set to receive coupons.
Old 07-12-12, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a 30% and a 15%. I'll only be using the 30% so I'll post the 15% on here later for anyone that might want it.
Old 07-12-12, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mhanlen1
So these coupons are stackable with the Criterion sale? I have two email accounts with them (one I just created Tuesday) and didn't get any coupon codes. Shit. I made sure my email preferences were set to receive coupons.
I have about 5 accounts with different e-mail addresses, and have yet to receive a coupon on any of them.
Old 07-12-12, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
I have about 5 accounts with different e-mail addresses, and have yet to receive a coupon on any of them.
Ok, just so I know I'm not the only one. I had a third account that I remembered today and I unchecked "postal mail" and "phone" so I'll see what happens. I've checked all the other boxes in the other accounts. Borders was way better about sending out coupons.
Old 07-12-12, 08:48 AM

if anybody is willing to share a coupon I would love one

my email is [email protected]

thanks!
Old 07-12-12, 09:00 AM

Got the mystery code, but now when I try enter it or any other code, I get the alert that the order doesn't meet eligibility. Which is kind of weird since on Tuesday I entered the $5 Off $50 code with the same order and it went through. I held off hitting the "submit" button to see more coupons would hit. Anyone else having issues getting the checkout to accept the coupons for a Criterion order?
Old 07-12-12, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by bobertkay99
Got the mystery code, but now when I try enter it or any other code, I get the alert that the order doesn't meet eligibility. Which is kind of weird since on Tuesday I entered the $5 Off $50 code with the same order and it went through. I held off hitting the "submit" button to see more coupons would hit. Anyone else having issues getting the checkout to accept the coupons for a Criterion order?
I am having the same problem. It seems that this coupon is no longer valid with Criterions. I tried it with a non-Criterion title and it applied. Strange.
Old 07-12-12, 09:03 AM

Now I wonder if one of these mystery coupons would apply to a Criterion purchase in store.
Old 07-12-12, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got my mystery code, but the shit isn't working. It says "coupon doesn't qualify". I don't understand how codes for B&N don't work for me 90% of the time.

EDIT: Just read the previous posts. I've never liked B&N's policies. I always seem to get screwed.

Last edited by dullboy; 07-12-12 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-12-12, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by dullboy
Got my mystery code, but the shit isn't working. It says "coupon doesn't qualify". I don't understand how codes for B&N don't work for me 90% of the time.
I was successful using one of the mystery coupons on a Criterion less than 30minutes ago. This problem is something that just started.
Old 07-12-12, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The Criterion isn't a pre-order, is it? That's the only restriction I can think of.
Old 07-12-12, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dino88
The Criterion isn't a pre-order, is it? That's the only restriction I can think of.
My experience with them is that they can make up any reason to refuse the coupon at any time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.