Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-12, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Thanks, Mosskeeto. I went back and checked, and I'd gotten the shipping email. I can go to bed now.
Old 07-10-12, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by excom101
Blind buys, then?

Criterion hoarding, I'm sure.
Old 07-10-12, 12:55 AM

there goes 400 bucks! Glad I had 150 in gift cards!!
Old 07-10-12, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Placed two orders:

Belle De Jour
Shallow Grave
Being John Malkovich

39 Steps
White Material
Design for Living

Recieved order confirmations for both. Really tempting to place another one.
Old 07-10-12, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by illennium

Criterion hoarding, I'm sure.
Should I point out that he already bought The Rules of the Game late last year? (And cheaper, too!)
Old 07-10-12, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

W8X8Y4N
Took five dollars off my order of $80 for six titles, now $75
Old 07-10-12, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The orders:
Gold Rush BR
Shallow Grave BR
39 Steps BR
La Belle de Jour
Anatomy of a Murder
World on a Wire
Letter Never Sent BR
The Organizer BR
World on a Wire (!@%^##**!!!!) [censored]
A Night to Remember
Monika
Moment of Truth BR

That's all for now. How does an in-store return work in this B2G1F sale. I assume you get 1/3 of the total purchase back. Correct?
Old 07-10-12, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

I wish this were happening at a better financial time, so I only placed one order:

Shallow Grave
Late Spring

Z

Last edited by Gobear; 07-10-12 at 02:42 AM.
Old 07-10-12, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Overlap between the two sales is gone now. My wallet is glad.
Old 07-10-12, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
That's all for now. How does an in-store return work in this B2G1F sale. I assume you get 1/3 of the total purchase back. Correct?
Depending on the store you might be able to get full credit at the current sale price if you trade it for another title. Last year I had to do a store return and they gave me $19.99 credit on a title I only paid $16 for online.
Old 07-10-12, 03:00 AM
Cool New Member

>That's all for now. How does an in-store return work in this B2G1F sale. I assume you get 1/3 of the total purchase back. Correct?

Nope. Last year I returned an item I was able to get cheaper in the store and got the full (sale price) back....I think I ended up with 2 blu rays for $20 on that order...of course I was returning one of the ones that wasn't free. I guess it comes down to which of the items on your order is the free one.

This time I ordered 3 boxes (Czech, Samurai & von Sternberg) which came out to $81, I was so happy to get in on both sales that I didn't even bother to check for coupon codes this time. The $8 off might turn out to be better (last time I went in to the store they seemed much more anal about coupons than they used to); wonder if I return 2 boxes if I'll get to keep the free one?

Warning if you made multiple orders: Check them & make sure they go through. I got 2 decline notices out of 7 orders....turns out my credit card determined the 2nd order of [email protected] & 4th of 3@ 19.99 were fraudulent and declined them. So if you have multiple orders that end up with the same dollar amount you better check to see that your card doesn't decline subsequent orders.
Old 07-10-12, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe I missed the overlap. So disappointing.
Old 07-10-12, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

wow, I cannot believe I missed the overlap. I woke up at Midnight, checked, no overlap. Back to bed. Woke at 2am, checked, no overlap, back to bed. Woke at 3, checked, no overlap. Back to bed.

Maybe my mistake was only refreshing my cart to check.
Old 07-10-12, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BambooLounge
wow, I cannot believe I missed the overlap. I woke up at Midnight, checked, no overlap. Back to bed. Woke at 2am, checked, no overlap, back to bed. Woke at 3, checked, no overlap. Back to bed.

Maybe my mistake was only refreshing my cart to check.
Not sure what happened for you - especially at 2 AM, but that's all I did (refresh cart). It took about 15 minutes for all titles to go down 50% but after discounting about 20 titles - BN basically got the others down in warp speed because about ten titles in my cart got discounted after one refresh.
Old 07-10-12, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Congrats to you all! I had my cart ready to go, but fell asleep watching TV while waiting for the price changes to come...
Old 07-10-12, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by conscience
Not sure what happened for you - especially at 2 AM, but that's all I did (refresh cart). It took about 15 minutes for all titles to go down 50% but after discounting about 20 titles - BN basically got the others down in warp speed because about ten titles in my cart got discounted after one refresh.
I suppose I just got unlucky. Or I screwed up and misread my screen after waking up from a dead sleep to check it. Either way, pretty disappointed (with myself).
Old 07-10-12, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by BambooLounge
I suppose I just got unlucky. Or I screwed up and misread my screen after waking up from a dead sleep to check it. Either way, pretty disappointed (with myself).
Is it possible that your cart included a pre-order?
Old 07-10-12, 08:46 AM

Is there going to be any regular printable 20% off coupons for this sale?
Old 07-10-12, 09:30 AM

My haul from last night:

Spoiler:
The 39 Steps
Summer with Monika
Shallow Grave
Tokyo Drifter
Branded to Kill
The Gold Rush
Anatomy of a Murder
A Hollis Frampton Odyssey
Alambrista
La Haine
Being John Malkovich
Summer Interlude
The Organizer
If...
La Jetee/Sans Solee
Charade
The Browning Version
Pearls of the Czech New Wave
The Samurai Trilogy
Certified Copy
And Everything Is Going Fine
Gray's Anatomy
Up All Night with Robert Downey, Sr.
Aki Kaurismaki's Leningrad Cowboys
Jean-Pierre Gorin
Sabu!
David Lean Directs Noel Coward
Old 07-10-12, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by efordvt
Is there going to be any regular printable 20% off coupons for this sale?
Not this week, but there are going to be some surprise coupons coming in a few days.

Since all the activity last night this information got buried several pages back in the thread.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...&promoid=10651

Surprise Savings Coupon Details:

This coupon can be redeemed only once per customer per billing address at any Barnes & Noble retail store or online at BN.com.

Discount will be revealed at checkout.  You may choose not to complete your transaction after seeing your discount and before paying.

This coupon is valid from July 12, 2012 and expires in stores July 15, 2012 at close of business, or for orders placed online, at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time July 16, 2012, while supplies last.

This coupon entitles you to one of the following discounts: 10%, 15%, 20%, 30% or 50% off the one eligible item in your order. The discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books(TM), NOOK Magazines(TM), and NOOK Periodicals), NOOKŪ devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 07-10-12, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
The orders:
Gold Rush BR
Shallow Grave BR
39 Steps BR
La Belle de Jour
Anatomy of a Murder
World on a Wire
Letter Never Sent BR
The Organizer BR
World on a Wire (!@%^##**!!!!) [censored]
A Night to Remember
Monika
Moment of Truth BR

At least you didn't make my mistake. I should have taken the suggestions on here about small orders, but, instead I placed one large order and in my haste and confusion ended up forgetting a title. A title that, assuming the order isn't canceled, would have been free.
Old 07-10-12, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Congrats to you all! I had my cart ready to go, but fell asleep watching TV while waiting for the price changes to come...
I dozed off as well. Fortunately for me, I woke up in the nick of time, saw what was going on, got a chubby and placed my order.
Old 07-10-12, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 444 Likes on 251 Posts

My store is really cracking down on coupons...just went and bought the Samurai Trilogy Blu-ray and tried using the $8 off coupon, but I had to talk my way into letting them use it. They said the 50% discount was already one coupon and I couldn't use another. Eventually they allowed me to use the coupon (& 10% membership) so I got it for $23.49 +tax.

The employee that helped me was the one who was always really helpful to me in the past so I have a feeling they are getting pressure not to accept coupons for this sale.
Old 07-10-12, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Perfect Tommy
At least you didn't make my mistake. I should have taken the suggestions on here about small orders, but, instead I placed one large order and in my haste and confusion ended up forgetting a title. A title that, assuming the order isn't canceled, would have been free.
I did my 10 orders 3 titles at a time. Now I sit patiently and wait for shipping status.
Old 07-10-12, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
I did my 10 orders 3 titles at a time. Now I sit patiently and wait for shipping status.
This was my first B&N Criterion sale, so, I'll be that much wiser next time... hopefully.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.