Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-11, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by hiccup
Thank you for this. Going tomorrow to try the codes at two stores. with this code the 3 colors set is actually foreseeable in my future, as is the Chaplin/Malick films. Now I just need to find the other code he posted.
One of the two coupons actually does take easier. I will try and post in the morning which one that it was (left the coupon(s) copies in my glove department).
Old 11-21-11, 01:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kevy
At the store I was mentioning (Portland-Lloyd Center location). They have pretty much had the same associates in their music department for quite a long time. The music department "manager" and his two to three associates
just look put out all the time. The people in that department are not cut out for and or to be in a retail/customer service industry. It is brutal. Thought it was just my neighborhood location. But it seems from your post you have a similar store in your neck of the woods. Let us know how the corpoate call goes.
At the store I was talking about, things used to be good/great. No problem, etc. but then they started allowing homeless junkies into store (no literally) and slowly but surely the quality of the store degraded. As soon as you walk into the store they have a security guard that eyeballs you upon and down. That could be all fine and dandy, but these employees have terrible customer service/interaction where the customer is clearly, and indubitably, without a doubt wrong. You would think a store would want your money, especially in this economic climate and the fact I was willing to give it to them, but no, this particular store would rather deny you service, treat you poorly, or just not work at all. You've got to wonder why Barnes would keep this location open at all. I know the other two, good locations that I've visited for this sale do way larger numbers and are just in general, from my experience, chill/relaxed.

One of the two coupons actually does take easier. I will try and post in the morning which one that it was (left the coupon(s) copies in my glove department).
Cool. thanks.
Old 11-21-11, 10:44 AM
ADP

If anyone else happens to have a 40% coupon they aren't using, I would appreciate them sending it to me in a message. I hardly ever get to B&N but there are a few books I'd like to pick up at a deal.

Thanks --
Old 11-21-11, 12:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

..just picked up "the killing" and "the rules of the game" on bn.com for $29.08 total plus 8.0% cash back from ******...not a bad deal..

Last edited by AMERICAN; 11-21-11 at 12:51 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 11-21-11, 03:02 PM

At the store I was mentioning (Portland-Lloyd Center location). They have pretty much had the same associates in their music department for quite a long time. The music department "manager" and his two to three associates
just look put out all the time. The people in that department are not cut out for and or to be in a retail/customer service industry. It is brutal. Thought it was just my neighborhood location. But it seems from your post you have a similar store in your neck of the woods. Let us know how the corpoate call goes.
Eh, made the call the gave me a case number and said they'd call me back within 1-2 weeks. We'll see if anything is really done or investigated. I doubt it. I suppose/suspect the two working that section are probably just going to cover their asses and nothing'll be done, or if anything they might get a small slap on the risk. It didn't really sound like they took the complaint that seriously.
Old 11-21-11, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wasn't going to do it but I was near a B&N today and couldn't help myself....I tried one of the 40% coupons posted a few pages back. I figured I'd try it and if it didn't work no big deal. But to my surprise, it worked without a hitch. The cashier took it, entered something into the register and told me my total. There was zero difficulty and no manager required.
Old 11-21-11, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There might be more of these coming but this is the only one up so far. Unfortunately the online code is currently not active.

Old 11-21-11, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by jwstl
I wasn't going to do it but I was near a B&N today and couldn't help myself....I tried one of the 40% coupons posted a few pages back. I figured I'd try it and if it didn't work no big deal. But to my surprise, it worked without a hitch. The cashier took it, entered something into the register and told me my total. There was zero difficulty and no manager required.
same here got battle of algiers for 14.23 after tax. what a great way to end the sale!
Old 11-21-11, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ Sweet, thanks Laser! 30% is awesome, especially considering it isn't a one-time use code!!! Plus, it isn't off of the List Price, like some coupons recently...
Old 11-21-11, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't know if there is anything worthwhile here but here is a 50% off coupon I ran across.

Here is a link to a list of eligible items.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/?sor...e=10&view=grid

Coupon Code D7E4M3E 50% Off List Price Any One Home & Gift Offer Details:

For each customer, this offer can be redeemed only once per billing address online at BN.com. This offer is valid online from November 21, 2011 at 12:01 a.m. ET through November 29, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. ET, while supplies last, and entitles you to the following:

50% off the List Price of one (1) eligible Home & Gift item. If no "List Price" displays on the item's product page, the discount will be applied to the "Online Price." If "List Price" displays on the item's product page and the current "Online Price" provides a greater discount than this promotion, then the "Online Price" will be applied. The "Online Price" is the price at Checkout before taxes, shipping and handling charges, and discounts are applied.Your discount will appear at Checkout on the most expensive eligible Home & Gift item. Simply look for the "50% Off 1 Gift" icon to identify eligible Home & Gift items on BN.com.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Offer: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of any other products other than the eligible Home & Gift items bearing the "50% Off 1 Gift" icon; (iv) not valid on products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (v) not valid on shipping or handling expenses, or applicable sales tax; (vi ) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (vii ) may not be combined with any other offer promotion or coupon ; and (viii ) may not be combined with the Educator program discount.

Returns or cancellations which affect the minimum number of items purchased may result in forfeiture of discounts applied at the time an order is placed and you will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit card or debit your Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is not valid at any Barnes & Noble retail bookstore or Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 11-21-11, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I noticed B&N dropped the Jurassic Park Trilogy to $35.99 tonight. If the price holds until the 30% coupon becomes active should be able to get it for about $25.19. Combine it with some cashback to save on the sales tax.

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/...e/25192089961/
Old 11-21-11, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Too bad that 30% coupon isn't active now so I could get a Criterion before the sale is over.
Old 11-22-11, 12:19 AM

Following the thread for over a year now, and my thanks to Lasermovies and all of you--for helping me bury myself in blu-rays.

So, I know it's late, but anyone have a 40% off they know they won't use???
Old 11-22-11, 12:28 AM

Couldn't get any of the 40% coupons to work for some reason, but used 1 of the 10% off coupons I found plus the membership discount. Ended up getting way more Criterions than I had planned. Some might be going out as gifts, while others are might just end up being returned after I see what I get on BF.
Old 11-22-11, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

Iamong the Amazon Black Friday madness, I grabbed the Late Ozu Eclipsr box and the Nightof the Hunter Blu-Ray, both with online 20% codes. It's been a great sale; hope the July sale will happen, since it seems like physical media is doomed at Barnes&Noble.
Old 11-22-11, 12:56 AM

LASERMOVIES, HUGE thanks for all you do here.

With all the talk about B&N possibly scaling back coupons for future Criterion sales, and the closing down of various stores and media departments, I went ahead and got all the items I've put off during previous sales. Not sure what I'll buy next time, if there is a next time, but this one was very good!
Old 11-22-11, 01:07 AM

Finished up very strong...........was able to use the 2 40% off's 5 more times to bring the grand total to 10 uses.
After all of the 20's and 25's over the last 3 weeks I thought I was done and leaving the Criterion Mob for good.
Then Lipid shows up with the 40's in the eleventh hour and pulls me right back into this cruel game.

Lipid for poster of the year

Last edited by Kevy; 11-22-11 at 01:35 AM.
Old 11-22-11, 01:47 AM

Thank you LASER and thank you B & N. As of November 21, 2011, I now have a "complete" Criterion Collection.
Old 11-22-11, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One last set of runs to BN stores Monday. I found that they were able to apply the 40% off by doing was looked like a manual over-ride since the bar code wasn't scanning. Got The Warped World Of Koreyoshi Kurahara for $18.90 + tax. Sweet!
Also was able to get a few more Blu Rays using the $8 off coupon; I'm done for now.
Old 11-22-11, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

African Queen BD -- 4.99
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/...=african+queen
Old 11-22-11, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

amazing price on AQ. Great catch!
I have a feeling it's going to be close to that next Monday on Amazon, but it could end up being a little more (and still be a good deal).
$5 shipped, for one of the all time classics, is an eye popping, smoke coming out of the ears deal and impossible to turn down.

and this is why it's so great to have Prime and a B&N membership at this time of the year
Old 11-22-11, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JiM T
With all the talk about B&N possibly scaling back coupons for future Criterion sales
And reducing the sale to an annual event. I posted this elsewhere:

From the Criterion Forum:
I was told (by my lady upper-management friend) that B&N higher ups are knocking off one of the Criterion sales next year, potentially the November one. With the phasing out of the entertainment sections, they don't see much reason to keep the sections and intend to get rid of the section completely by October 2012 to make way for Nook tablet and "other exciting Nook products in the summer." They plan to have 2 more BBC sales by October however (3 if you include the upcoming one).
This was the same poster who correctly predicted the fall departure of many of B & N's movie sections, so I'm sure this is legit.
Old 11-22-11, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
There might be more of these coming but this is the only one up so far. Unfortunately the online code is currently not active.
Damn, the 30% off code is still not working. I'd like to use it on Modern Family.
Old 11-22-11, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Damn, the 30% off code is still not working. I'd like to use it on Modern Family.
It says on the coupon it is valid starting at 12:01 AM November 23. It should go live tonight.
Old 11-22-11, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Oops, I can't read. Thanks, Laser!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.