Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-11, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

yeah got the same message coupon has been redeemed , when u use it did clerk have to override it or call the manger ?
Old 11-20-11, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by ADP
Anyone know if B&N will be having a Black Friday sale?

Haven't seen any ads and I don't remember if they had one in previous years or not.
someone on slickdeals said dvd and blu rays would be around 40% to 50% off probably retail price
Old 11-20-11, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

^ Someone on facebook also said 40% off all Blus in "late December".
Old 11-20-11, 01:29 AM

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jcez28
yeah got the same message coupon has been redeemed , when u use it did clerk have to override it or call the manger ?
I had no issues with using it either time. I gave them my member number, they scanned the coupon, and told me the final price.

Here is another 40% off coupon that I found on their facebook wall. Again, says members only, in-store only, so YMMV.
Old 11-20-11, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lipid
I had no issues with using it either time. I gave them my member number, they scanned the coupon, and told me the final price.

Here is another 40% off coupon that I found on their facebook wall. Again, says members only, in-store only, so YMMV.
Lipid, thanks for posting this.

Anyone else (B&N Members) able to confirm being able to use this in-store
with no hassles when scanned or manually entered by the cashier? Wanted
to ask only because of the "YMMV" mentioned above.
Old 11-20-11, 02:38 AM

I realize just now I never posted the 2nd coupon in my reply.

http://www.printablecouponfeed.com/barnesandnoble/30771

The one I just posted was found from Criterion's facebook wall. The guy who posted it followed up with this as well: "I personally used the coupon last night, and then again today. And a friend of mine used it today as well. Most definitely (:"
Old 11-20-11, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

As much as I love this sale,I'll be glad when its over.

I never used so many coupons,e.b.a.t.e.s and GC in such a short period of time.
and weather to buy online or in store for the best price.
But the closet B$N to me is about 20 miles from me,and I don't drive that way to much.So I bought about half online.
But I got the best deals in store for sure.

Also I'm lucky the closet Barnes was the best in excepting coupons out of the 3 in my area.One more trip tomorrow and its all over.

Thanks everyone for posting coupons and B&N for having the sale.
Old 11-20-11, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
"The coupon code you entered has already been redeemed."
Only good for in-store
Old 11-20-11, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Lipid
I realize just now I never posted the 2nd coupon in my reply.

http://www.printablecouponfeed.com/barnesandnoble/30771

The one I just posted was found from Criterion's facebook wall. The guy who posted it followed up with this as well: "I personally used the coupon last night, and then again today. And a friend of mine used it today as well. Most definitely (:"
once again, already redeemed, coupon denied.
Old 11-20-11, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

once again, already redeemed, coupon denied.
Are you talking about in-store or online? Thanks.
Old 11-20-11, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Only good for in-store.
"This coupon is valid at BN.com....valid at Barnes & Noble stores..."
Old 11-20-11, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Are you talking about in-store or online? Thanks.
In-store. I stood there while the 70 year-old cashier tried to scan it, then enter it manually. She asked if I had used it before. I said "no". Then she called for the kid who manages the section, (who I swear works there 7 days a week from open to close). He played with the register while the line grew and grew behind me, then a screen finally came up that said the coupon had already been used, making me look like a liar in front of 12 people.

I am done with this place and their selective distribution of high-value, single-use coupons.
Old 11-20-11, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

In-store. I stood there while the 70 year-old cashier tried to scan it, then enter it manually. She asked if I had used it before. I said "no". Then she called for the kid who manages the section, (who I swear works there 7 days a week from open to close). He played with the register while the line grew and grew behind me, then a screen finally came up that said the coupon had already been used, making me look like a liar in front of 12 people.

I am done with this place and their selective distribution of high-value, single-use coupons.
Something similar happened to me when I tried to use a 40% coupon a few days ago. I have no idea why this works for some people in store and doesn't work for others.
Old 11-20-11, 12:58 PM

Hoping we get some positive responses/results for in-store use on
the two 40% coupons that Lipid posted. And by that I mean an actual
member being able to just have the film geek poser and or hipster cashier
swipe the membership card, scan or manually enter the coupon, and be done.
No overrides needed by a manager, no lectures from said *sshole film geek poser
and or hipster cashier, and no line forming during all this. That is all I hope for on this

Last edited by Kevy; 11-20-11 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-20-11, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't feel badly I sort of had the same thing happen a few months ago trying to test one of these single redemption coupons at a store. It came back already used and they would not accept it. However this is exactly what is supposed to happen if you try and use them more than once.

One reason I won't put these coupons on the first page is because they are only intended for a single redemption. I imagine if the corporate offices discover the same coupon is getting redeemed over and over there will be some sort of consequences on the stores, or in further coupon distribution in the future.

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
Something similar happened to me when I tried to use a 40% coupon a few days ago. I have no idea why this works for some people in store and doesn't work for others.
A store employee can make anything go through if they want when they over ride the system. They can even manufacture their own custom coupon of any value at the register even if you don't have one.
Old 11-20-11, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kevy
Hoping we get some positive responses/results for in-store use on
the two 40% coupons that Lipid posted. And by that I mean an actual
member being able to just have the film geek poser and or hipster cashier
swipe the membership card, scan or manually enter the coupon, and be done.
No overrides needed by a manager, no lectures from said *sshole film geek poser
and or hipster cashier, and no line forming during all this. That is all I hope for on this
I used the 40% coupon at my local BN and it came back as "unrecognized" so the cashier keyed in the discount manually. I got the AK 100 set for ~$108! Awesome deal!

The clerk told me the next sale is the British sale starting 12/6 and it's good for 1 week.
Old 11-20-11, 07:01 PM

Glad someone else got it to work too. Using it, I was able to get the 3 colors Trilogy on Blu-ray for $22. It was very hard not to jump up and down on the spot, haha.
Old 11-20-11, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Don't feel badly I sort of had the same thing happen a few months ago trying to test one of these single redemption coupons at a store. It came back already used and they would not accept it. However this is exactly what is supposed to happen if you try and use them more than once.

One reason I won't put these coupons on the first page is because they are only intended for a single redemption. I imagine if the corporate offices discover the same coupon is getting redeemed over and over there will be some sort of consequences on the stores, or in further coupon distribution in the future.

A store employee can make anything go through if they want when they over ride the system. They can even manufacture their own custom coupon of any value at the register even if you don't have one.
That is what I have noticed also. Every single one of the people I have dealt with that
work in the B&N Music/Movie Department here in Portland Lloyd Center are pretty lazy,
very anti-customer, do not want to make a sale of any sort (coupon or no coupon),
and they have the appearance of someone five minutes removed from an Occupy Wall Street Camp.
They have a disdain for all customers with actual money to spend. But they have nothing but love for
the people who sit there reading books and or listening to music cd's like they are in a library for free hours on end.

Perhaps if I roll around in a mud puddle outside of the store, p*ss myself, and walk into the movie department
and ask if they will sell me a movie or music cd in solidarity.........they just might ring up the purchase for me

Last edited by Kevy; 11-20-11 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-20-11, 08:22 PM

I just used the 40% and the $5.00 transaction coupon on the AK 100 box set.

List price: $399.99
Sale price: $120.74
Old 11-21-11, 12:30 AM

Wait, multiple people are using that one-time, unique code for 40% off? And the store managers are overriding the computer when it says the coupon has already been used?

It makes me wonder how strict B&N stores are about coupons after all...
Old 11-21-11, 12:48 AM

That is what I have noticed also. Every single one of the people I have dealt with that
work in the B&N Music/Movie Department here in Portland Lloyd Center are pretty lazy,
very anti-customer, do not want to make a sale of any sort (coupon or no coupon),
and they have the appearance of someone five minutes removed from an Occupy Wall Street Camp.
They have a disdain for all customers with actual money to spend. But they have nothing but love for
the people who sit there reading books and or listening to music cd's like they are in a library for free hours on end.

Perhaps if I roll around in a mud puddle outside of the store, p*ss myself, and walk into the movie department
and ask if they will sell me a movie or music cd in solidarity.........they just might ring up the purchase for me
I am so glad you posted this. I ran into just this scenario at one store I visited (the only with a Jean Vigo set left) and left with such a disdain for the store. I'm going to rise a pike up someone's ass tomorrow when I call corporate and harass them until they fire the two. I've never been so belittled in my life, and it wasn't just me, it happened to another customer that was checking out beside me. I was pretty much, and still am, frothing at the mouth by this one store's behavior. Someones' ass is getting taken out to the wood shed tomorrow when I call corporate.

No wonder they might be next after Border's (oh how I miss thee). Like you said, they don't want to sell to a customer with or without a coupon (which in this case was actually part of my purchase/order).
Old 11-21-11, 12:50 AM

Was able to use both of Lipid's 40% off coupons rather easily with no problems.
Made five purchases........but whose counting Lipid, thank you for both.
Old 11-21-11, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by georgec
Wait, multiple people are using that one-time, unique code for 40% off? And the store managers are overriding the computer when it says the coupon has already been used?

It makes me wonder how strict B&N stores are about coupons after all...
One person'll not give a shit, while another will think you're trying to sacrifice something and they must stop you. It was really weird. I had one awesome, awesome cashier during this sale that just didn't give a shit, or if he did understood I'd just return several times during the sale with the coupon, and just rang me up individually for my 3 items. Other times they won't even accept the coupon, or it'll just be one use (which is fine as I was only getting a gift(s), but still).
Old 11-21-11, 12:53 AM

Was able to use both of Lipid's 40% off coupons rather easily with no problems.
Made five purchases........but whose counting Lipid, thank you for both.
Thank you for this. Going tomorrow to try the codes at two stores. with this code the 3 colors set is actually foreseeable in my future, as is the Chaplin/Malick films. Now I just need to find the other code he posted.
Old 11-21-11, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by hiccup
I am so glad you posted this. I ran into just this scenario at one store I visited (the only with a Jean Vigo set left) and left with such a disdain for the store. I'm going to rise a pike up someone's ass tomorrow when I call corporate and harass them until they fire the two. I've never been so belittled in my life, and it wasn't just me, it happened to another customer that was checking out beside me. I was pretty much, and still am, frothing at the mouth by this one store's behavior. Someones' ass is getting taken out to the wood shed tomorrow when I call corporate.

No wonder they might be next after Border's (oh how I miss thee). Like you said, they don't want to sell to a customer with or without a coupon (which in this case was actually part of my purchase/order).

At the store I was mentioning (Portland-Lloyd Center location). They have pretty much had the same associates in their music department for quite a long time. The music department "manager" and his two to three associates
just look put out all the time. The people in that department are not cut out for and or to be in a retail/customer service industry. It is brutal. Thought it was just my neighborhood location. But it seems from your post you have a similar store in your neck of the woods. Let us know how the corpoate call goes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.