Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-11, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by jwstl
Not in stores obviously. The only way to know if they overlap online is to check around Midnight Eastern next Monday.
I'm confused. He was asking about the 40% coupon.
Old 11-14-11, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
I'm confused. He was asking about the 40% coupon.
I hit the wrong Reply. I was responding to the question of overlap with the titles released next week. Sometimes replying from a phone is a bad idea.
Old 11-14-11, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I hit the wrong Reply. I was responding to the question of overlap with the titles released next week. Sometimes replying from a phone is a bad idea.
Gotcha. I read our posts several times trying to figure out what I was missing.
Old 11-14-11, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

We got the 25% off last week but haven't received any new coupons yet.
Old 11-14-11, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I e-mailed them over a week ago and they said that my setting was checked to receive these sorts of communications, but they would change it and I should start to receive coupons in about two weeks (yeah, that didn't quite make sense to me either). I guess that I will try calling, as I know that nothing is going to my spam folder.
Old 11-14-11, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I signed up with a few more email adresses today. I'm hoping to get something to at least one of the 6 or 7. So far, no one has reported receiving a 40% off coupon.
Old 11-14-11, 10:22 PM

I'm guessing that the 40% off coupon is only going to certain members who meet certain criteria, e.g. have spent a certain amount of money or made a certain number of purchases.

That's too sweet of a coupon to give away widely.
Old 11-14-11, 10:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by georgec
I'm guessing that the 40% off coupon is only going to certain members who meet certain criteria, e.g. have spent a certain amount of money or made a certain number of purchases.

That's too sweet of a coupon to give away widely.
Within the past few sales, I think I have spent around $4,000 on Criterion sales while my wife bought two titles once for me and she's the only one that has gotten a coupon. So, perhaps they are sent to those who purchase very little. Not sure. With multiple e-mail addresses, I have not received a coupon during a Criterion sale since maybe the 2010 July sale.
Old 11-15-11, 10:23 AM

Has anybody received the 40% off coupon yet?
Old 11-15-11, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

I got bupkes so far.
Old 11-15-11, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well the coupons do exist. I found they put the store coupons up today. No barcodes, which means they are definitely unique codes like the recent 25% coupons.

Old 11-15-11, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm guessing these went to former Borders customers as I found this in the URL:

Coupon_Welcome_Borders
Old 11-15-11, 11:46 AM

One thing that does not make sense about these coupons: why does it state that they are valid starting on the 14th when they weren't even available then and are still not in circulation halfway through today?
Old 11-15-11, 11:47 AM

Someone over at the Blu-ray forums said they received a 40% off one, but it was only for a book.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/5452750-post2864.html

Originally Posted by deltasun
Just got the 40% off coupon....but it's for the Wimpy Kid book.
Old 11-15-11, 11:48 AM

Coupon_Welcome_Borders
That would make sense. Those coupons do seem a bit generous for wide distribution.

Does anyone know what the "partner with the MOD" language on the coupon means?

I also got the worthless 40% off for the Wimpy Kid book.
Old 11-15-11, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

Coupon_Welcome_Borders
But I'm a former Borders customer, Rewards Card and all, and I've gotten zippo from B&N.

I'm debating getting the Trois Couleurs set on Blu; however, I already own the Miramax DVDs, so spending $40 to upgrade just seems exorbitant after all the $$$ I've spent so far.

So, so torn.
Old 11-15-11, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Gobear
But I'm a former Borders customer, Rewards Card and all, and I've gotten zippo from B&N.

I'm debating getting the Trois Couleurs set on Blu; however, I already own the Miramax DVDs, so spending $40 to upgrade just seems exorbitant after all the $$$ I've spent so far.

So, so torn.
I'm a former Borders Rewards Plus member and I didn't receive anything either.

For me, there's no debate. The Three Colors Trilogy is a MUST buy for me. I own the DVDs but I love Kieslowski and this set in particular and consider $40 a steal to upgrade them to Criterion Blu.
Old 11-15-11, 12:37 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

I've been waiting all morning to try and put the standard Three Colors on hold at my local store...but I dont even see the option on the site. The Blu Ray version has the option. Very strange... Can anyone see it or the standard?
Old 11-15-11, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dex14
I've been waiting all morning to try and put the standard Three Colors on hold at my local store...but I dont even see the option on the site. The Blu Ray version has the option. Very strange... Can anyone see it or the standard?
Not seeing it either for the standard DVD. You could call a store and ask if they have it and can hold it for pick up later.
Old 11-15-11, 02:03 PM

I'd say it is now a safe bet that the 30% and 40% off one item coupons are not happening.

So, unless I am missing something, that means that the best deal one could get on purchasing the Three Colors set alone (aside from the Amex coupons and the unreliable $8 off) is to merely purchase it in store and get the additional 10% member discount or use the 10% online code.

Still not a bad deal.
Old 11-15-11, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dining Dead
I'd say it is now a safe bet that the 30% and 40% off one item coupons are not happening.

So, unless I am missing something, that means that the best deal one could get on purchasing the Three Colors set alone (aside from the Amex coupons and the unreliable $8 off) is to merely purchase it in store and get the additional 10% member discount or use the 10% online code.

Still not a bad deal.
Anyone who reads this thread regularly knows I'm not one who believes the $8 coupon should be allowed on any item with a regular price of $40; I think it's clear what B&N intended. Now, there's no reason you shouldn't be allowed to use it on the Three Colors Trilogy. It rings up at $40 in store before member discount and the coupon is clear that it applies to the price before discount. It should be a huge YMMV on less expensive titles but not this one.
Old 11-15-11, 02:30 PM

Anyone who reads this thread regularly knows I'm not one who believes the $8 coupon should be allowed on any item with a regular price of $40; I think it's clear what B&N intended. Now, there's no reason you shouldn't be allowed to use it on the Three Colors Trilogy. It rings up at $40 in store before member discount and the coupon is clear that it applies to the price before discount. It should be a huge YMMV on less expensive titles but not this one.
Ah, so it rings up at $40.00 after the 50% sale? Very good to know. Thanks for the info!
Old 11-15-11, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

On an off topic note...I noticed that since their site re-design there's no longer a link to the Music section on the top of the main page. I guess they aren't interested in selling CDs these days.
Old 11-15-11, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ah, so it rings up at $40.00 after the 50% sale? Very good to know. Thanks for the info!
It should. I'm picking mine up after work today. But I"m confident it will because all my receipts are consistent: the 39.99 titles scanned at $20 instead of 19.99, Fanny and Alexander scanned at $30 etc.
Old 11-15-11, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Still not a bad deal.
Since the store coupons didn't get posted on their web site until this morning I doubt anyone received a valid coupon yet. B&N is not going to send emails for a coupon when there wasn't anything available to print out. It also appears they are limited to former Borders customers and most likely few people will actually get one compared to the regular coupons when they do go out. I would say if you are a former Borders member to wait and see what happens for a while longer.

If you wait a few days there should be a few new store/online coupons coming that should work for the Three Colors set. It appears a new set of 15 and 20% coupons should arrive by November 17 and are valid through the weekend. Hopefully they are generic coupons anyone can use.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.