Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-11, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
It's not live yet. Check back tomorrow.
thanks. If criterion still on 50% off by tomorrow? then I can wait or use my 15% now?

Is 25% on entire order or single item?
Old 11-09-11, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zoran009
thanks. If criterion still on 50% off by tomorrow? then I can wait or use my 15% now?

Is 25% on entire order or single item?

The sale goes through November 21. The 25% off is for one item.
Old 11-09-11, 11:34 AM

Can someone tell me who to call if I do not receive emails from Barnes and noble? Thanks in advance
Old 11-09-11, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larry47591
Can someone tell me who to call if I do not receive emails from Barnes and noble? Thanks in advance
Customer Service: 1-800-843-2665
[email protected]

Louisville S. on page 205 (Posts #5122 / 5123) did that to get assistance on the e-mails.
Old 11-09-11, 12:15 PM

Thanks so much i have emailed them many times about it but get nothing back
Old 11-09-11, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!

Originally Posted by larry47591
Thanks so much i have emailed them many times about it but get nothing back
I've dealt with phone customer service a couple of times over the last few years and while it may take awhile to get through, they've always been quite pleasant and helpful.
Old 11-09-11, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bad news. I found the 25% coupons are not generic this week but the one use unique code variety. You'll have to rely on B&N emails to get a valid working coupon.

Old 11-09-11, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

Well that's a kick in the teeth. Thanks for the update.
Old 11-09-11, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Bad news. I found the 25% coupons are not generic this week but the one use unique code variety. You'll have to rely on B&N emails to get a valid working coupon.

No a bad thing as i do get emails to from four different accounts.
Old 11-09-11, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Got Diabolique Blu-Ray for $10.00 before state tax. Member savings were listed at 2 dollars.

For those that have been around for a while ... has then ever been a been a better B&N Criterion deal out there?

Thanks as always to Lasermovies.
Old 11-09-11, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ctyankee
Got Diabolique Blu-Ray for $10.00 before state tax. Member savings were listed at 2 dollars.

Which store did you go to?

I'm going to give Westport a shot tomorrow.
Old 11-09-11, 02:08 PM

For those that have been around for a while ... has then ever been a been a better B&N Criterion deal out there?

Thanks as always to Lasermovies.

I wish getting $10 Criterion's were true, unless it is 1000000000% YMMV. I have a friend who works at B&N, we tried this discount multiple times and the $8 off simply does NOT work. The PoS rejects the coupon every time stating it isn't valid. The only way to get it through is for a manager to manually override the discount.

What are the six digit codes on the coupon you have used? I've tried two different ones and neither work.
Old 11-09-11, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Romeo
I wish getting $10 Criterion's were true, unless it is 1000000000% YMMV. I have a friend who works at B&N, we tried this discount multiple times and the $8 off simply does NOT work. The PoS rejects the coupon every time stating it isn't valid. The only way to get it through is for a manager to manually override the discount.

What are the six digit codes on the coupon you have used? I've tried two different ones and neither work.
Yesterday I used #101971 and today was #102111 both found on the first page of this thread. It wasn't a conscious decision to use different codes, just what I printed out. Both codes also show on the receipt so it was not a manual override and two different clerks.

Truly this is YYMV as I was denied last year at the same store when the item would not scan and they would not do an override (in year's past they would). Why coupons scan at one store and not another is quite bizarre for a national chain.
Old 11-09-11, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James

I went to Westport. I also don't push multiple coupons on them as I don't want to potentially ruin it for the next guy. They are also cool about reserving titles so you might want to call to make sure they have it before wasting gas.
Old 11-09-11, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I went to Westport. I also don't push multiple coupons on them as I don't want to potentially ruin it for the next guy. They are also cool about reserving titles so you might want to call to make sure they have it before wasting gas.

Already on reserve. Thanks.
Old 11-09-11, 02:48 PM

Is there a new '10% off your entire basket' code to replace the now expired B3P8E4D?
Old 11-09-11, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by John Hodson
Is there a new '10% off your entire basket' code to replace the now expired B3P8E4D?
I looked at AAA for a new code this morning but they did not add one yet. Sometimes it takes them a few days to finally get around to replacing the expired codes. When they do replace it I'll add the new one to the list.
Old 11-09-11, 03:04 PM

Many thanks, as always.
Old 11-09-11, 03:21 PM

I fall under that category of someone who never gets the BN emails. I called the customer service number today and they told me I had it checked on NO, but online under my account it says YES, but none-the-less he changed it to yes...but doubt I will get the current coupon because it was already sent out.
So the assumption is that after the 13th a new coupon will be out? Hopefully a generic....
Old 11-09-11, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 978 Likes on 689 Posts

I've been a member since the July sale and I don't think I've ever gotten an e-mail from B&N containing coupons or other deals. I checked my account settings and I do have the option for e-mails turned on. Is this normal? Is it random who does and doesn't get the e-mails?
Old 11-09-11, 03:41 PM
Cool New Member

On November 3rd, I received a 15% off coupon from Barnes and Noble in my email, but didn't receive the 25% off today. Any ideas why?
Old 11-09-11, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket1312
I've been a member since the July sale and I don't think I've ever gotten an e-mail from B&N containing coupons or other deals. I checked my account settings and I do have the option for e-mails turned on. Is this normal? Is it random who does and doesn't get the e-mails?
It's definitely random. My old member account still receives bn.com emails. The new email account I've used for the trial membership hasn't gotten anything at all. I might have to call in to change that.

Originally Posted by skapooj
On November 3rd, I received a 15% off coupon from Barnes and Noble in my email, but didn't receive the 25% off today. Any ideas why?
I don't think they've been sent yet. Check later on tonight or early tomorrow morning.
Old 11-09-11, 10:49 PM

From CriterionForum;
I managed to talk to somebody who works much higher in the corporate ladder (a regional sales manager) and got this tidbit. The $8 off $40 coupon will no longer exist by next Criterion sale and absolutely no (wording will be changed so you can't use it on sale or discounted items) coupons will be permitted on future Criterion sales. Rampant abuse by consumers in this Criterion sale have caused this decision to come down, mentioned the abuse of the $5 off $20 a year or two ago. The fine print is pretty clear and the coercion to the cashier and use of "the customer is always right" and spouting the consumer bill of rights to the store management has really pissed off a lot of people, nothing they can do this sale but future sales are pretty much no go.
Not too surprising, its probably been in the works now for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if they go for a Nook coupon of some sort.
Old 11-10-11, 07:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rocket1312
I had the same problem and contacted BN about it. They asked me to check my spam settings/folder. I opened up my spam folder and there were the BN emails with coupons. I selected that address to no longer be identified as spam and I haven't had a problem since.

It seems your email default settings will generally auto-detect what it thinks is spam, and sometimes you have to view the folder directly and tell it what isn't.
Old 11-10-11, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James

I was successful at Westport 1 time out of 3. The other 2 times, the manager was called over and denied it. (This was on $39.99 titles. Carlos and an Eclipse set rang right through.)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.