Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-11, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

I should have used that 30% off coupon more last week. I only used it 3 times...
Old 09-23-11, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I should have used that 30% off coupon more last week. I only used it 3 times...
Me to kenbenobi, I only used it twice because I was confused on the experation date and thought I had more time. I hope when Lion King is released it stays cheap for a week or two and we get at least a 20% off coupon.
Old 09-24-11, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My SW BD set FINALLY shipped today. UPS doesn't have it yet, but at least I have a tracking number. Took forever, but at least it's finally on its way...
Old 09-24-11, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If I get a new membership, am I able to use both the online and in-store coupons for new members or is it just one or the other?
Old 09-24-11, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
If I get a new membership, am I able to use both the online and in-store coupons for new members or is it just one or the other?
Should be able to use both. Also it doesn't seem to matter if you have a new membership or not to use them.
Old 09-26-11, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
My SW BD set FINALLY shipped today. UPS doesn't have it yet, but at least I have a tracking number. Took forever, but at least it's finally on its way...
I got mine last Friday USPS and watched episode IV Saturday on my new 55" HDTV and was literally blown away! The quality of the actual film looks so good it's hard to believe ~30 years old.
Old 09-28-11, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Boston Legal S1-4 --> 13.49 (Of course I only need S5)
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/bost...boston%20legal

Seinfeld S1&2,3-9 --> 7.99 -- 9.99
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/sein...396-_-seinfeld
Old 09-30-11, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man, are we getting a really good coupon - 40% or more - sometime soon? I really want to buy Salo and Carlos.
Old 10-01-11, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did anyone get this email from B&N regarding the Borders Bookstore closing?

Dear Borders Customer,

My name is William Lynch, CEO of Barnes & Noble, and I'm writing to you today on
behalf of the entire B&N team to make you aware of important information regarding your Borders account.

First of all let me say Barnes & Noble uniquely appreciates the importance bookstores play within local communities, and we're very sorry your Borders store closed.

As part of Borders ceasing operations, we acquired some of its assets including Borders brand trademarks and their customer list. The subject matter of your DVD and other video purchases will be part of the transferred information. The federal bankruptcy court approved this sale on September 26, 2011.

Our intent in buying the Borders customer list is simply to try and earn your business. The majority of our stores are within close proximity to former Borders store locations, and for those that aren't, we offer our award- winning NOOK™ digital reading devices that provide a bookstore in your pocket. We are readers like you, and hope that through our stores, NOOK devices, and our bn.com online bookstore we can win your trust and provide you with a place to read and shop.

It's important for you to understand however you have the absolute right to opt-out of having your customer data transferred to Barnes & Noble. If you would like to opt-out, we will ensure all your data we receive from Borders is disposed of in a secure and confidential manner. Please visit www.bn.com/borders before October 15, 2011 to do so.

Should you choose not to opt-out by October 15, 2011, be assured your information will be covered under the Barnes & Noble privacy policy, which can be accessed at www.bn.com/privacy. B&N will maintain any of your data according to this policy and our strict privacy standards.

At Barnes & Noble we share your love of books — whatever shape they take. We also take our responsibility to service communities by providing a local bookstore very seriously. In the coming weeks, assuming you don't opt-out, you'll be hearing from us with some offers to encourage you to shop our stores and try our NOOK products. We hope you'll give us a chance to be your bookstore.
Old 10-01-11, 12:26 PM

Got that aswell. If you go to the link, it says something about getting the BN membership for free, if you were a rewards premium member. Curious what happens with that.
Old 10-01-11, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am assuming Borders never had a policy stating that they would not sell such personal contact lists. If they did, this could be approached legally as a serious breach of privacy and violation of their terms. Then again, how do you sue a company that is no longer in business?
Old 10-03-11, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
I am assuming Borders never had a policy stating that they would not sell such personal contact lists. If they did, this could be approached legally as a serious breach of privacy and violation of their terms. Then again, how do you sue a company that is no longer in business?
You don't because when a business doesn't exist anymore, you don't have a contract with them. BN is just being nice by letting people opt-out.
Old 10-03-11, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I ran across a 50% coupon coming later in the week. Looks like it's valid for only about 6 hours according to the coupon details. Don't know the specifics of the coupon but would assume it will be a one use code. Might only get sent to a few people. I would suggest checking any B&N emails a little more closely during the week just in case.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...=&promoid=9976

50% Off 1 Item at BN.COM Coupon Details:

For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed only once per billing address online at BN.COM.

This coupon is valid from 12:00pm on October 5, 2011 through 6:00pm on October 5, 2011.

The 50% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the bn.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any other coupon; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble retail stores or Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.
Old 10-03-11, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
You don't because when a business doesn't exist anymore, you don't have a contract with them. BN is just being nice by letting people opt-out.
The key provision really is about selling or providing your information to a "third-party." That's not relevant when the 'second party' (Borders) no longer exists. It's really the same thing as a hair salon going out of business and selling their client list to a new owner - just on a different scale.
Old 10-03-11, 04:21 PM

I've been a member of B&N for almost 2 years now and I never get coupons sent to me via email. Today I checked my account settings, and it shows that I was allowing them to send me coupons. Is there a foolproof way to get on the B&N coupon email list (hopefully in time for that 50% one)?
Old 10-03-11, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by N0treDom
I've been a member of B&N for almost 2 years now and I never get coupons sent to me via email. Today I checked my account settings, and it shows that I was allowing them to send me coupons. Is there a foolproof way to get on the B&N coupon email list (hopefully in time for that 50% one)?
You don't necessarily need a B&N account to get emails or coupons. I won't guarantee it's foolproof but try signing up with a different email address and IP address. I did it and it seemed to work for me. Whenever I tried with my regular internet IP it never seems to go through.
Old 10-03-11, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
You don't necessarily need a B&N account to get emails or coupons. I won't guarantee it's foolproof but try signing up with a different email address and IP address. I did it and it seemed to work for me. Whenever I tried with my regular internet IP it never seems to go through.
I gave it a shot and just signed up with a different email address. We'll see if that does anything.
Old 10-04-11, 07:11 AM

I never get these coupons either. Here's hoping it's a universal code.
Old 10-05-11, 09:45 AM

So, anyone get that 50% off coupon?
Old 10-05-11, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not me. I sometimes get their coupons, but not often.

I did find that they've got the various Ken Burns DVD's for up to 55% off:

I'm not allowed to post links yet, but type in:

video.barnesandnoble .com/u/Ken-Burns-Prohibition-DVD-Blu-ray/379000753/?cm_mmc=AFFILIATES-_-Linkshare-_-OOTtr9mlaCk-_-10:1

and eliminate the space in front of the .com and it will take you there.
Old 10-05-11, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

B&N has The Kids in the Hall Complete Series Megaset (2011 Edition) on sale for 39.99. Everyone else-including Amazon-sells it for $60 or more. They also have the Monty Python 16 Ton Megaset for 39.99. I didn't receive a 50% coupon (surprise) but I did use the 20% off for the KitH set.
Old 10-05-11, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

The new Ken Burn's documentary , Prohibition, is 60% off blu ray or 50% off SD before coupon. Blu ray is $20.79 before coupon. DVD $18.49 before coupon. Percentage off is a little suspect. B&N list price on blu is $52 while Amazon is $45. However current Amazon price is $35 so B&N does have the better price as of this writing.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Proh...tion&store=dvd

Last edited by Classic Films; 10-05-11 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-05-11, 03:31 PM
Cool New Member

only mailing I've got so far is a 30% off new releases mailing.
Old 10-05-11, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I ran across a 50% coupon coming later in the week. Looks like it's valid for only about 6 hours according to the coupon details. Don't know the specifics of the coupon but would assume it will be a one use code. Might only get sent to a few people. I would suggest checking any B&N emails a little more closely during the week just in case.
LASER, is there a specific code that is asscoaited with this offer? As i type this at 4 PM CT, there are just two hours left before this offer expires and I haven't seen anything in my e-mail box to reflect this offer from them. If a code exists, would greatly appreciate it.
Old 10-05-11, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by rmw650
LASER, is there a specific code that is asscoaited with this offer? As i type this at 4 PM CT, there are just two hours left before this offer expires and I haven't seen anything in my e-mail box to reflect this offer from them. If a code exists, would greatly appreciate it.
If LASER has a specific code, it can always be found on the first page.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.