Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-11, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
If this is their strategy, then maybe they should take a lesson from AOL. I don't understand why they can't do both.
What lesson is that? How to lose the majority of your customers and how to become irrelevant? Apples and Oranges.
Old 08-29-11, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwstl
What lesson is that? How to lose the majority of your customers and how to become irrelevant? Apples and Oranges.
Maybe not the primary reason AOL failed, but they were much more concerned about getting new customers than maintaining their existing ones. I don't know if BN is doing this but it is implied by the conversation. apples and apples.
Old 08-29-11, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BKenn01
Sure hope we see another 20% coupon to replace the one that expires. I have been wearing that out.
Looks like more could be coming later in the week.

This might be of interest for those without a membership and need free shipping on a small order.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...=&promoid=9911

Get FREE Express Shipping in 1-3 business days within the continental US with your MasterCard(R) card! There is no minimum purchase but certain exclusions apply, so please read the details below.

For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed once per billing address online at BN.com. Your MasterCard card must be used for entire transaction for discount to apply.

This offer is valid beginning September 1, 2011 and will expire on or before February 1, 2012 at 2:59 am Eastern Time. This is a limited time offer and is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation.

What do I have to do?
1. Place at least one eligible item in your cart.
2. Proceed to Checkout and select "Express Delivery." "Send everything in as few packages as possible" will be pre-selected.
3. Select MasterCard as your method of payment.
4. Enter coupon code V9R7K9B and check out.

What exclusions apply?
Free Express Shipping applies to orders made at BN.comshipped within the continental U.S. only.
The following items are not eligible for Free Express Shipping: items purchased from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.) Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, Magazines, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, magazines, and periodicals), SparkNotes and Quamut PDF files, Audiobook MP3s, Barnes & Noble Memberships, unusually sized or overweight items, or any item not identified as eligible for Free Shipping.
Orders shipped to P.O. Boxes, APOs, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Protectorates are not eligible for Express 3-Day shipping but will ship free.

When should I expect to receive my purchase?
We do our best to estimate delivery dates for your purchase. The total delivery time for your BN.com order to arrive is a combination of the shipping availability time and delivery time. The shipping availability time tells you how quickly products are expected to be ready to leave our warehouses; this shipping availability is provided on the BN.com product detail page. The Express Shipping delivery time of 1-3 business days is the time in transit once your package has left our warehouse. For example, when an item is marked "Usually ships within 24 hours," this means the order will leave our warehouse within 24 hours and will arrive within 1-3 business days of leaving our warehouse. Orders containing pre-ordered items will not ship until ALL items are in stock. Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays observed by the Post Office and UPS, such as New Year's Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Delivery times are not guaranteed. Sometimes the availability of the items in your order may change while we are processing your order. In this event, you will receive an email notifying you of a delay, and the remaining eligible items in your order will be shipped as scheduled.Note: Items marked as eligible for FAST & FREE DELIVERY qualify for Free Express Shipping.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any other coupon; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at any Barnes & Noble retail stores or Barnes & Noble College retail bookstores. This coupon is non-transferable and may not be reproduced, sold or bartered. Void where prohibited by law.

MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Old 08-30-11, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Looks like more could be coming later in the week.
Great, hope it happens before some of the current sale items go off.
Old 08-31-11, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New batch of coupons now available on the first page. Online codes are already active.

Old 08-31-11, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

^Thank you, LASER! Perfect timing....my membership expires today.

Edit: You mentioned the online codes are already active, do you think the printable store coupons will also be active early??

Last edited by BuckNaked2k; 08-31-11 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-31-11, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, this plus the 40% off Blus and I just got all the rest of the August Criterions for near Crit Sale price.
Old 08-31-11, 02:37 PM

Has anyone ordered a Criterion during this sale? If so do you get an additional 10% classcode thingy applied to your receipt?

$39.99 (List)
- $16.00 (40% Off)

$23.99 (Sale price)
- $2.40 (Classcode)

$21.59
- $2.16 (Membership Discount)

$19.43, or does the total just come out to $21.59?
Old 08-31-11, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered online. For me, it's the better deal as I'm stuck with tax either way. Criterion price - 40% - 20% coupon + tax = 20.87 each

I ordered:
Cul-De-Sac
Secret Sunshine
The Complete Jean Vigo
If...
Orpheus

Per your question above, if things stay the same from previous sales, it will be 40% off retail - 10% member if you have that. I'd think the 21.59 scenario is what would work. That said, you may be able to get them to use a coupon from above, but that's a big maybe. It has worked for me before, but then I have to go to multiple stores, etc to get the several titles I want.
Old 09-01-11, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Louisville S
Has anyone ordered a Criterion during this sale? If so do you get an additional 10% classcode thingy applied to your receipt?

$39.99 (List)
- $16.00 (40% Off)

$23.99 (Sale price)
- $2.40 (Classcode)

$21.59
- $2.16 (Membership Discount)

$19.43, or does the total just come out to $21.59?
$21.59. The 40% discount replaces the 10% discount.
Old 09-01-11, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Decided to finally order the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Came to $57.59 which is close enough to my price point for the set.
Old 09-01-11, 03:55 PM

The 20% coupon is good to apply to the new TV BR seasons that are around $40. Too bad we get dinged for shipping up here. I used the '10% off your order' one for a larger order of cheaper BRs as it gave me a better discount.
Old 09-02-11, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How long does the 40% off sale last?
Old 09-02-11, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan
How long does the 40% off sale last?
September 14 is what was on the sign in-store
Old 09-02-11, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by souvenir
September 14 is what was on the sign in-store
Thanks for the info. Now I can wait until tomorrow and use the other 20% coupon.
Old 09-02-11, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Now I can wait until tomorrow and use the other 20% coupon.
Turns out the 9/3 coupon already works.
Old 09-03-11, 08:33 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

With the 40% off plus the 20% off coupon plus 10% off for members I was able to get several digibooks blurays for $15.xx plus tax each.

How The West Was Won (Smilebox)
All About Eve
Dr. Zhivago
Old 09-06-11, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any thoughts on the possibility of new in-store coupons showing up before the BD sale ends on the 14th?
Old 09-06-11, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Gypo66
Any thoughts on the possibility of new in-store coupons showing up before the BD sale ends on the 14th?
This.

I was planing to pick up Scarface and O Brother Where Art Thou?.

Scarface with 20% off coupon during sale:

$34.99 (List Price) * 0.60 (40% Off) * 0.90 (10% Member Discount) * 0.80 (20% Member Coupon)

= $15.12 * 1.0625 (6.25% MA Sales Tax) = $16.07.

O Brother Where Art Thou? with 20% off coupon during sale:

**$26.99 (List price) * 0.60 (40% Off) * 0.90 (10% Member Discount) * 0.80 (20% Member Coupon)

= $11.66 * 1.0625 (6.25% MA Sales Tax) = $12.39.

** I assumed list price = current pre-order online price ($16.19) divided by 0.60 (40% discount) = $26.983, or basically $26.99.

LASER where art thou?

Old 09-06-11, 01:14 PM
Cool New Member

So only 10% for online orders then? There hasn't been even a 15% coupon in the last months, maybe a year, not even talking about a 20%...
Old 09-06-11, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Lenny Nero
So only 10% for online orders then? There hasn't been even a 15% coupon in the last months, maybe a year, not even talking about a 20%...
You're kidding right? You must not read this thread regualrly or you'd know there's been dozens of coupons in the last year including 15% and 20% coupons that expired yesterday.

Last edited by jwstl; 09-06-11 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-06-11, 03:51 PM
Cool New Member

Yeah, not regularly, I guess every time I looked the 15 or 20% ones were removed from the first post, only 7-10 ones were there. And all I see in the posts are printable, in-store versions.
Old 09-06-11, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Lenny Nero
Yeah, not regularly, I guess every time I looked the 15 or 20% ones were removed from the first post, only 7-10 ones were there. And all I see in the posts are printable, in-store versions.
Laser usually removes the coupons once they expire.
Old 09-07-11, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by jwstl
Laser usually removes the coupons once they expire.
On a different note, jwstl, did you ever receive a response to your inquiry about incorrect Discover cashback amounts (10% instead of 15%, etc.)? I am going to call Discover tomorrow and am curious if you got a response. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-07-11, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This was posted on the Criterion Forum:

Just a heads-up, roughly half of all brick and mortar Barnes & Noble in the US are getting rid of their DVD/BD/Music sections (they will still have in-store ordering kiosks) by October/November to expand on the Nook. This will be for high volume stores and some smaller ones (its store manager decision in that regard). There will not be a clearance to get rid of the stock they have but will be sent to other B&Ns or to the warehouses. These specific stores will not get Criterion's Oct or Nov releases in-stock.

On that note, Nov Criterion sale is supposedly going to be November 1-20 in-store (October 31 - Nov 21 online) according to the assistant manager and somebody whom has been quite helpful in getting me heads up on local goings-on.
I really hope my local store isn't one of the stores dropping Criterions. That's a drag that the sale will apparently end one day before 12 Angry Men. Looks like I'll only be buying 2 titles then. I remember buying as many as 16 during previous sales. It feels sort of weird having everything I want - not a sensation I'm used to!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.