Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-11, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

^
No shipping yet but my order is still there when I checked last night. My shipping estimate was for June 28, so maybe I'll get shipping confirmation tonight.
Old 06-27-11, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you want to find information about a ship to home order might want to call this number. They should be able to tell you the status.

1-800-962-6177
Old 06-27-11, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
^
No shipping yet but my order is still there when I checked last night. My shipping estimate was for June 28, so maybe I'll get shipping confirmation tonight.
thanks ... I had to call customer service and they gave me an online order # that was different than the one I had from in-store so I was able to look up and see the same info as you
Old 06-27-11, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^
Same here. The damn thing better ship here soon since they charged my credit card almost 3 months ago. It's going to be hell trying to do a chargeback at this point if it doesn't ship.
Old 06-27-11, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
did anyone who ordered LOTR EE during the 50% off coupon in early April have theirs ship (to home) yet

I don't even see any order info when I look it up online with the email address I gave and the order # I got ??!!
I've never had a pre-order ship before the release date, so expect it to ship tomorrow at the earliest.

To check the status of a ship-to-home order first make sure you are logged out of your B&N account and then go here.

edit: Right after I posted this I received an email telling me LOTR has shipped.

Last edited by dino88; 06-27-11 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-27-11, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah, geeze. Didn't expect to buy from B&N any time soon. Thanks for the heads up, previous posters! With the b2g1 and the expired 5 0ff 25, I got:

Rocko's Modern Life: Season One
Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny (Rifftrax)
Maniac (Rifftrax)

For only $20.48.
Old 06-27-11, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
edit: Right after I posted this I received an email telling me LOTR has shipped.
Same here!!
Old 06-27-11, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Also received shipping confirmation on my LOTR set.
Old 06-27-11, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I should have placed more 5 off 25 orders, combined with B2G1F. I was just annoying that you had to spend $30 in order to get free shipping (non-member account), even though it kept saying I was qualified. It would go off of the post-coupon total... My order was only $27.xx and I didn't feel like adding another item... In hindsight, I should have. I could have just returned it to a store...
Old 06-27-11, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also received shipping confirmation on my LOTR set.
Hmmm, I did not. I'll have to look my order up. Hopefully I can find my receipt with the order number...

EDIT: Found it. Mine isn't scheduled to ship until June 28 for some reason...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 06-27-11 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-28-11, 01:08 AM

Is it normal not to receive order confirmation from B&N after ordering or the order status not updating to show the order? I made an order tonight using the 15% off highest item, $100 gift card, and got 2 LOTR EE and 1 Superman Collection. Is this a sign that the order is likely to be canceled or should I just keep waiting? I order infrequently from B&N so I don't remember how their site normally handle things. Thanks.

[EDIT] Nevermind, I got the order confirmation this morning. It just seemed to take a lot longer than I remembered.

Last edited by N0treDom; 06-28-11 at 07:11 AM.
Old 06-28-11, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by N0treDom
Is it normal not to receive order confirmation from B&N after ordering or the order status not updating to show the order?
[EDIT] Nevermind, I got the order confirmation this morning. It just seemed to take a lot longer than I remembered.
Usually you get a confirmation email almost immediately, and a "scheduled to ship" email within an hour. Not sure why yours took longer...
Old 06-28-11, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't know if anyone is interested in the Gettysburg/Gods and Generals blu-ray box set? Currently it's $42.49 (50% off list) at B&N. If you have a membership and do a ship to home order at a store you might be able to use the $8 DVD coupon to save even more.

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/...SRI=gettysburg
Old 06-28-11, 02:56 PM
Cool New Member

I noticed some new fine print on the 5 off 50 coupon, perhaps it's already been discussed, but it seems B&N may intend to have store displays note in store what they noted the last few online sales, no coupons eligible on the sales. They also seem to be closing the 'ship to home' loophole. I'm hoping to be able to use the 8 coupon on a couple sets in conjunction with some regular 39.95 titles to also allow me to use the 5 off 50 coupon, hopefully, coupons still will be allowed in store.

From the 5 off 50 fine print
products included in in-store ship-to-home order, shipping or handling expenses, products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts,"
Old 06-28-11, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know if anyone is interested in the Gettysburg/Gods and Generals blu-ray box set? Currently it's $42.49 (50% off list) at B&N. If you have a membership and do a ship to home order at a store you might be able to use the $8 DVD coupon to save even more.

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/...SRI=gettysburg
Oooh, that is tempting! Content-wise the discs are the same as the two Digibook releases, right? Even the books included may be essentially the same as the book parts of the Digibooks, only bigger. I'm not sure if I can pull the trigger on this...
Old 06-28-11, 03:50 PM
Banned

Bring on July and the 50% off Criterion $ale!
Old 06-28-11, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by movielocke
I noticed some new fine print on the 5 off 50 coupon, perhaps it's already been discussed, but it seems B&N may intend to have store displays note in store what they noted the last few online sales, no coupons eligible on the sales. They also seem to be closing the 'ship to home' loophole. I'm hoping to be able to use the 8 coupon on a couple sets in conjunction with some regular 39.95 titles to also allow me to use the 5 off 50 coupon, hopefully, coupons still will be allowed in store.

From the 5 off 50 fine print
The fine print for ship to home orders is not new and has been there for years. It always has been a ymmv situation on ordering with coupons at stores but most have been willing to do it, even with pre-orders.

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Oooh, that is tempting! Content-wise the discs are the same as the two Digibook releases, right? Even the books included may be essentially the same as the book parts of the Digibooks, only bigger. I'm not sure if I can pull the trigger on this...
I would assume the disc content is the same as the digibook versions. I already have Gettysburg on digibook and that's all I wanted.

Amazon has a good picture of the set contents with a description of what is included.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Laser Movies; 06-28-11 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-28-11, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Amazon has a good picture of the set contents with a description of what is included.

Spoiler:
I miss the "authentic Civil War bullet that came with the GETTSYBURG laserdisc box set.
Old 06-28-11, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
I miss the "authentic Civil War bullet that came with the GETTSYBURG laserdisc box set.
I still have the laser disc box set with the bullet.
Old 06-28-11, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just checked my LOTR tracking and it's scheduled to arrive on Friday. Perfect.

That completes my 50% coupon orders. Now where's the next coupon!
Old 06-28-11, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
Cool, thanks!
I should have figured that, based on your username!
Old 06-29-11, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I should have figured that, based on your username!
Yeah, when originally signed up here I figured the username covered my collecting of laserdiscs and DVDs. Later on I added HD DVD and blur-ray to the laser formats. I sold off HD DVD when it died. I kept the laserdiscs but rarely play them anymore.
Old 06-29-11, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Me too.
Old 06-29-11, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I sold off HD DVD when it died.
Sacrilege!!! I shall never sell mine!!! I'm too invested... Over 250 titles and 4 players (well, one is an LG combo drive in my PC, and one player is still new in box, never opened--it's my backup should one break, only cost me $40)
Old 06-29-11, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sacrilege!!! I shall never sell mine!!! I'm too invested... Over 250 titles and 4 players (well, one is an LG combo drive in my PC, and one player is still new in box, never opened--it's my backup should one break, only cost me $40)
After the announcement HD DVD was no longer going to be a competing format with blu-ray I decided it was time to dump it. With only 50 titles and one player there wasn't much reason to stay with it. I didn't see my collection growing much beyond that with the remaining titles that were released at the time. I got out while you could still get a decent price for the discs. I figure I broke about even selling all my HD DVD discs but took a big hit on selling my Toshiba player. Fortunately I have been able to upgrade most of the HD DVD titles I had to blu-ray.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.