Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-11, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by jwstl
Is that "once per customer, per billing address" new? I seem to recall being able to place multiple orders during this sale last year.
I sort of remember that wording from previous sales but there were no actual restrictions on the number of orders you could place. I think they just mean you can only get one free title per order on qualifying DVD or blu-ray titles.

Originally Posted by Louisville S
Will the Buy 2, Get 1 free promotion be only online or both in-store and online? I know it says valid only on bn.com, but don't they typically have an in-store deal as well?
It should be both online and store. What I posted is the information for the online version of the sale at B&N.com.
Old 06-06-11, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I sort of remember that wording from previous sales but there were no actual restrictions on the number of orders you could place. I think they just mean you can only get one free title per order on qualifying DVD or blu-ray titles.

It should be both online and store. What I posted is the information for the online version of the sale at B&N.com.
Does the BN.com sale usually include a select list of titles the "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" promotion is eligible for? The in-store deal usually includes ALL titles, correct?

I wonder if this will overlap with the inevitable Criterion sale in July.
Old 06-06-11, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

It usually ends just before.
Old 06-06-11, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does the BN.com sale usually include a select list of titles the "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" promotion is eligible for? The in-store deal usually includes ALL titles, correct?

Yes, it is a select number of titles online. Some titles may not qualify, or could be part of a different sale running concurrently. Stores usually have every title on sale.

I doubt there will be a Criterion overlap. Usually the Criterion sales start about a week after the end of the b2g1f sale. I'll take a tentative guess we could see the Criterion sale begin July 17.
Old 06-06-11, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't have much on my list for this sale. Anyone aware of any particularly good deals I should consider when it goes live?
Old 06-06-11, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sale is on! I just checked and it is active.
Old 06-06-11, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well as of today, NEW members only get rare discounts off of one nook per membership term ($25 off a nook color, $10 off a new eink version).

I have the nook color, nook 1st gen 3g, and nook 1st gen wifi, and love all three of them--well worth the money.

between the new sale starting today (thanks Laser) and the nook sale, it's a good time to consider picking up a membership.

Now if they'd only think about showing current, loyal members some of the same love (sigh)...
Old 06-06-11, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sale is on! I just checked and it is active.
I'm not having any luck with it. I've tried a number of combinations but none resulted in a B2G1.
Old 06-06-11, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm not having any luck with it. I've tried a number of combinations but none resulted in a B2G1.
I had to make a run to the post office and have not had a chance to play around with different DVD titles yet. I used some random television sets to test it. I found out you can use coupons. I used E9E3M9V which takes 10% off your order as a test.
Old 06-06-11, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I tried several $9.99 blu-ray titles on my wishlist but cannot get any to work with the sale. However titles from the 50% off TV sale ending today seem to work. I'm disappointed the blu's are not working since I had quite a few on my list I like to purchase. Edit to add I cannot seem to get any blu-ray titles to work. Maybe the sale has not been activated with the blu's yet.
Old 06-06-11, 06:39 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just stuck a bunch of Blu-ray digibooks in my cart and they all worked with the B2G1 and the 10% order coupon.
Old 06-06-11, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I tried several $9.99 blu-ray titles on my wishlist but cannot get any to work with the sale. However titles from the 50% off TV sale ending today seem to work. I'm disappointed the blu's are not working since I had quite a few on my list I like to purchase. Edit to add I cannot seem to get any blu-ray titles to work. Maybe the sale has not been activated with the blu's yet.
I was able to get it to work with Criterion Blu-rays but not the 9.99 Blus that were on sale. I wonder if it has to do with amount of discount.
Old 06-06-11, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I finally got a few blu's to work. I added Kill Bill volume 1 and 2 along with Robin Hood in my cart.
Old 06-06-11, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was able to get it to work with Criterion Blu-rays but not the 9.99 Blus that were on sale. I wonder if it has to do with amount of discount.
I don't know but I was able to get it to work with some $7.49 DVD titles that are 50% off.
Old 06-06-11, 09:50 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not a DVD coupon, but good on toys, especially Lego sets: V7T4Y4X

The code previously worked on Lego Mindstorms sets, which is unusual, but it's no longer on their site. The code gives 30% off list price. If the item is already marked down 10%, you'll just get 20% more off.
Old 06-07-11, 09:52 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Is DeepDiscount running B&N now? Out of 11 items I had in my cart last night while I decided what to get, this morning I checked and 6 went up in price, 4 stayed the same, and only 1 went down ($1). LASERMOVIES, I made the mistake of taking your advice to purchase early in the sale as strategy, not as a warning.

As an example, yesterday AM Gettysburg was $20.99 and then went up to $24.49 right before the sale became active. Now it's at $26.24. North By Northwest was $22.74 (and I think it's been low for a long time) and is now $27.99. How The West Was Won jumped from $22.74 to $31.49.
Old 06-07-11, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jim
Is DeepDiscount running B&N now? Out of 11 items I had in my cart last night while I decided what to get, this morning I checked and 6 went up in price, 4 stayed the same, and only 1 went down ($1). LASERMOVIES, I made the mistake of taking your advice to purchase early in the sale as strategy, not as a warning.

As an example, yesterday AM Gettysburg was $20.99 and then went up to $24.49 right before the sale became active. Now it's at $26.24. North By Northwest was $22.74 (and I think it's been low for a long time) and is now $27.99. How The West Was Won jumped from $22.74 to $31.49.
It's nothing new. B&N ends the other sales and discounts before starting the B2G1 sale. What has been discovered is that there is overlap online the night before the sale officially begins which allows you to get some discounted items at B2G1. That's what it's advised to buy discounted items as soon as the sale begins.
Old 06-07-11, 11:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, happy day! I've been waiting on this sale to knock out some of my TV & movie box set wishes.

First order:

Millennium Season 3
Quincy M.E. - Season 3
Lon Chaney Collection (Sr.) Collection

Grand Total: $77.02
Old 06-07-11, 12:18 PM

Sale is decent for Criterions, box sets & TV shows. Really wish they had some decent printable coupons to use with the promotion in store. Guess I've been spoiled by the previous "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" promotion where I used two 50% off coupons (one member, one non-member) on top of my 10% membership discount.
Old 06-07-11, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FYI, looks like many pre-order titles up to 7/5 are included. My order also includes the 7% off coupon:

Don't Go in the Woods $12.54
Deep Red (Uncensored English Edition) $12.54
The Witchmaker (released on 7/5) $0.00
Old 06-13-11, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FYI...I've been told the next Criterion sale begins July 12th.
Old 06-13-11, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

FYI...I've been told the next Criterion sale begins July 12th.
Was that from a store employee or manager? I'm surprised they would attempt to start the sale around the end of the B2G1F sale.
Old 06-13-11, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Was that from a store employee or manager? I'm surprised they would attempt to start the sale around the end of the B2G1F sale.
It was from the manager of the movie/music section. He knows me from all the previous Criterion sales so when I stopped in tonight he told me he just received the notice from corporate that the July sale would begin on July 12th.
Old 06-13-11, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Could be interesting with the online sale if it starts sometime on July 11. That would be insane getting 50% Criterions and B2G1F, even if coupons didn't work.
Old 06-14-11, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Could be interesting with the online sale if it starts sometime on July 11. That would be insane getting 50% Criterions and B2G1F, even if coupons didn't work.
I thought of that too so I asked him repeat it and he again the 12th. I then asked him when the current sale ended to be sure I had it right and he said the 11th. I have the feeling that 12th date might change.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.