Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-11, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by g
I signed up on the BN.com for email and I still don't get any coupons from them. This is definitely a bad development if you can't get any email from them. And I'm a member and that account I can't get email either.
Originally Posted by B747
This is my first post here.
I have the same situation as yours. I used to receive coupons from BN, but it was totally stop after I renewed my membership last September. I'll let my membership expire and don't want to renew it again. Without LASERMOVIES, it's hard to imagine for me to shop at BN in the future. I bought 90% of my Blu-rays from Amazon, and some at Target and Bestbuy. If BN still treat their members like a SHIT, it soon be the next Border.
I would suggest calling customer service and raising hell they are not sending the emails, especially since you paid for memberships. I think B&N should get a bunch of calls over this, and if they don't do something about it they deserve to lose your business. I called last year and was able to get my emails back, but they shut them off again after a few months on my member account. I probably should have called a second time. I might call again and complain that I didn't renew my membership because they keep cutting off the emails.
Old 05-26-11, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=LASERMOVIES;10789468]Looks like it might be the beginning of the end of posting store coupons now. The latest batch of store coupons do not have barcodes. I believe B&N has implemented new countermeasures to restrict store coupons to only one purchase before the coupon becomes invalid. I assume each coupon will have a unique barcode along with a unique online code that can only be used once. I noticed on the recent social twist promotion the store coupons they were sending out all had different barcodes. If you don't get B&N email offers you probably can expect even fewer coupons with this latest move.

Has anyone tried using these coupons? Are they unusable without barcodes?
Old 05-26-11, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JoeDoakes
Has anyone tried using these coupons? Are they unusable without barcodes?
I would imagine a B&N store would not accept it without a barcode they could either scan or enter a coupon number from it.

I actually managed to find a coupon today that has the barcode added for comparison to see how they have changed it from the previous ones. You can also use the coupon number online. I would expect it can be redeemed only once online and at a store.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 05-26-11 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-26-11, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GaryO
Looks my membership is expiring at just the right time. I almost didn't even renew last year. I'm definitely not going to renew at the end of this month. I'll take one more look this weekend to see if there's anything I need to make use of one last online coupon before I'm done with B&N. I can't see using them any more. I'm down to Amazon and Amazon alone for online dvd purchases come June 1st.

Gary "thanks again to Laser for all his hard work in this thread" O.
Believe it or not I found a new 20% online coupon this morning for members. Maybe you can use it before your membership expires.
Old 05-26-11, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, that coupon comparison pretty much guarantees we won't be seeing generic coupons anymore in the future. You can tell that's a specific, one-time use code. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I still have a while left on my membership so I'll probably take advantage of cheaper items online and use the semi-regular 15-20% Off Coupons, but can't see making in-store purchases anymore.

Thanks for all the help and information LASERMOVIES!
Old 05-26-11, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kstublen
Yeah, that coupon comparison pretty much guarantees we won't be seeing generic coupons anymore in the future. You can tell that's a specific, one-time use code. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I still have a while left on my membership so I'll probably take advantage of cheaper items online and use the semi-regular 15-20% Off Coupons, but can't see making in-store purchases anymore.

Thanks for all the help and information LASERMOVIES!
They still may issue some regular generic store coupons in the future but there will probably be fewer of them. I would expect if there is another mystery coupon promotion though they will use the one time codes. Probably won't be able to manipulate it to our advantage anymore. It's definitely going to make it much more difficult to get deeper discounts with the next Criterion sale.
Old 05-26-11, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Believe it or not I found a new 20% online coupon this morning for members. Maybe you can use it before your membership expires.
Thanks, Laser! It's fitting that you'd find one last coupon code I could use since I only started getting memberships because of this thread and the codes you were/are supplying.

Gary "I'll definitely make use of it" O.
Old 05-26-11, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GaryO
Thanks, Laser! It's fitting that you'd find one last coupon code I could use since I only started getting memberships because of this thread and the codes you were/are supplying.

Gary "I'll definitely make use of it" O.
Never mind those last minute coupons, Gary. Get back to work!
Old 05-26-11, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, anyone tried using the new 13 alphanumeric coupon in store today? Was it declined or what were your results.
Old 05-26-11, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Believe it or not I found a new 20% online coupon this morning for members.
Is that a one-time use coupon? I don't see where you posted that one....

Thanks.
Old 05-26-11, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Is that a one-time use coupon? I don't see where you posted that one....

Thanks.
It's on the first page in the member section. The online coupon code is K3C4T7E. Should work for anyone that has a membership.
Old 05-27-11, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
So, anyone tried using the new 13 alphanumeric coupon in store today? Was it declined or what were your results.
I have a couple of 20% coupons I ran across if anyone wants to try these at a store to see what happens. The online codes have already been redeemed but maybe a store would take these since they have barcodes. Anyways it would be interesting to know what happens.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 05-27-11 at 01:05 AM.
Old 05-27-11, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's on the first page in the member section. The online coupon code is K3C4T7E. Should work for anyone that has a membership.
Thanks LASER.
Old 05-27-11, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay I have two 20% B&N coupons I want to give away since I'm not going to use them. I got these with the friends and family offer from last week. First two DVDTalkers who post can have one. If you just want the online code I can send it, or you can also have the printable store coupon along with it. Coupons are valid for all customers and expire after Monday (May 30).
Old 05-27-11, 02:29 PM

Online code LM?
Old 05-27-11, 02:37 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Yes please LM
Old 05-27-11, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by John Hodson
Online code LM?
Check your PMs. Sent the code only for 20% off online.

Originally Posted by Trevor
Yes please LM
I went ahead and sent the online code. If you want the printable store coupon portion let me know and I can attach and send it through email.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 05-27-11 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-27-11, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FYI...I know the old AAA code is dead but I wanted to see if there's a new one so I logged into my AAA count and clicked the link. And I did get a 10% off code applied to my cart. However, I wasn't ready to order with that code as I had a 20% code I wanted to use so I tried to remove the coupon and apply another but it didn't work. I clicked Remove Coupon and the code and discount were removed but when I added the new one nothing happened. There was no message and no discount. Only after removing all the browser cookies was I able to apply another code. I assume the AAA cookies were preventing me from applying the other code.
Old 05-27-11, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jwstl
FYI...I know the old AAA code is dead but I wanted to see if there's a new one so I logged into my AAA count and clicked the link. And I did get a 10% off code applied to my cart. However, I wasn't ready to order with that code as I had a 20% code I wanted to use so I tried to remove the coupon and apply another but it didn't work. I clicked Remove Coupon and the code and discount were removed but when I added the new one nothing happened. There was no message and no discount. Only after removing all the browser cookies was I able to apply another code. I assume the AAA cookies were preventing me from applying the other code.
I added the new AAA coupon code on the first page yesterday for 10% off all eligible items purchased at B&N. Coupon code E9E3M9V is valid from May 23, 2011 to June 7, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

I had the same problem after going through the AAA link. Couldn't fix it until deleting my cookies. If you copy and paste the code from the first page you can avoid that problem and combine it with cashback to save a little extra on top of the 10% discount.
Old 05-27-11, 03:40 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I saw someone on another forum mention a buy 2, get 1 free sale next week. Anyone else heard of that coming up?
Old 05-27-11, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

15% off online when you use your Discover Card:

C9A7R4Y

Valid through 6/30/11
Old 05-27-11, 04:09 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Check your PMs. Sent the code only for 20% off online.

I went ahead and sent the online code. If you want the printable store coupon portion let me know and I can attach and send it through email.
Thanks Laser! If I don't use it by tomorrow I'll offer it back up here.
Old 05-27-11, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jim
I saw someone on another forum mention a buy 2, get 1 free sale next week. Anyone else heard of that coming up?
Yes, it should be coming soon. Someone mentioned not long ago they heard it was starting June 7. That seems the most logical date since they have started the B2G1F sales a week after Memorial day in the past. I would expect it to go active a day earlier online. Usually you can get some good deals if you get in early and can get some overlap with the other DVD/blu-ray sales before they end.

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
15% off online when you use your Discover Card:

C9A7R4Y

Valid through 6/30/11
I'm getting invalid code when I tested it at B&N.com. Was this from Discover's web site? Maybe it's not getting activated until next week. I'll add it to the first page if it is a legit code.

Originally Posted by Trevor
Thanks Laser! If I don't use it by tomorrow I'll offer it back up here.
You're welcome! You have plenty of time to use it since it doesn't expire until the end of Monday.
Old 05-27-11, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I added the new AAA coupon code on the first page yesterday for 10% off all eligible items purchased at B&N. Coupon code E9E3M9V is valid from May 23, 2011 to June 7, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

I had the same problem after going through the AAA link. Couldn't fix it until deleting my cookies. If you copy and paste the code from the first page you can avoid that problem and combine it with cashback to save a little extra on top of the 10% discount.
Thanks. I was hoping you had confirmed the code. I didn't want to paste it until I knew for certain it wasn't unique.
Old 05-27-11, 05:05 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, it should be coming soon. Someone mentioned not long ago they heard it was starting June 7. That seems the most logical date since they have started the B2G1F sales a week after Memorial day in the past. I would expect it to go active a day earlier online. Usually you can get some good deals if you get in early and can get some overlap with the other DVD/blu-ray sales before they end.
Thanks for the info and strategy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.