Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-11, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I'm not exactly sure when they redesigned the website but it has been at least a few weeks.
Really? Wow. Either I haven't been to bn.com in several weeks, or I am very unobservant...
Old 05-17-11, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I ran across a new B&N promotion they are going to run this week for either $10 off a Nook or a 20% off coupon. I'm hoping I can just find the coupons. Already have the 10% coupon on the first page.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=38184

Terms and Conditions for May 19th Friends & Family Offer

Program Overview

Customers are eligible to receive a $10 off NOOK Color™ coupon OR an Extra 20% Off One Item in stores and online coupon for referring the 5/19 10% off coupon to five people. See Program Details below.

Program Period

This program is valid from May 19, 2011 at 12:01 AM ET to May 24, 2011 at 2:59 AM ET.

Other Conditions

1. Eligible Referring Customers must use the Social Twist Tell-a-Friend tool on http://www.groupsave.com/barnsandnoble to send unique referrals to friends through email.

2. A Qualified Referral is further defined as a valid and current email address entered into the Social Twist Tell-a-Friend tool.

3. A single use 20% Off One Item coupon or a single use $10 Off NOOK Color coupon will be issued to individuals that provide five valid email addresses via the Social Twist Tell-a-Friend tool. Either coupon will be valid at BN.COM or Barnes and Noble stores. Complete offer terms and conditions will be provided with each coupon.

4. The individual who was issued the coupon by Barnes&Noble.com will be considered to be the "Referring Customer".

5. Barnes&Noble.com expressly reserves the right to close the account(s) of any Referring Customer and/or Referred Customer if the Referring Customer and/or Referred Customer attempt to use the Program in a questionable manner or in breach of these Terms and Conditions or in violation of any law, statute or governmental regulation.

10. Barnes&Noble.com reserves the right to modify or amend at any time these Terms and Conditions Barnes&Noble.com reserves the right to disqualify a user at any time from participation in this Tell-a-Friend Program if they do not comply with any of these Terms and Conditions. All information collected from a user in this Tell-a-Friend Program shall be subject to the Social Twist Privacy Policy, available at www.socialtwist.com

Void where prohibited by law.

Coupon Details

10% off one item Coupon

This coupon can only be redeemed once online at BN.COM or once at any Barnes & Noble retail store.

This coupon is valid from May 19, 2011 to May 24, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

The 10% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) not valid at hp.bn.com (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble retail stores or Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.

20% off one item Coupon
This coupon can only be redeemed once online at BN.COM or once at any Barnes & Noble retail store.

This coupon is valid from May 19, 2011 to May 31, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

The 20% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) not valid at hp.bn.com (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble retail stores or Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.

$10 Off NOOK Color Coupon

This coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store or at BN.COM.

This offer is valid from May 19,, 2011 through May 31, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time, while supplies last, and entitles you to $10 Off NOOK Color (EAN 9781400532650.)

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(tm) accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, applicable sales tax, shipping or handling expenses, products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts", or any other products other than NOOK Color; (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any coupon or discount promotion; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at any Barnes & Noble College bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 05-17-11, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's an assortment of member coupons I ran across. These are virtually identical to the set I got in the mail over the weekend except they are printable versions.

Also another Nook coupon but again with a missing barcode.

Old 05-19-11, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thought I would mention this if you have a facebook account you can use the link below to get either a $10 Nook color coupon, or a 20% off one item coupon for B&N. To get a coupon you need to either forward a 10% coupon offer to 5 different email addresses, or post it to your facebook page. The facebook page is the easiest way to get a coupon. Coupons are valid both online and at a store. See post 4251 for the full details. Unfortunately looks like the online coupon code is a unique one time use code, and the only way to get it is through the link.

http://www.groupsave.com/barnesandnoble/#
Old 05-19-11, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have three different e-mail accounts that got this offer.
Would love to be able to send the same five e-mail addys
from each account. Not sure if it will work or not, but since
this is Barnes and Noble we are talking about..........it might!!!
Old 05-19-11, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Actually another company called social twist is running this promotion for B&N. If you go from www.groupsave.com it routes to their web site.

http://tellafriend.socialtwist.com/
Old 05-20-11, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I amazingly got coupons in the mail for 2 of my old accounts, but not my current Members account (which I need to cancel tomorrow, if I'm not going to keep it)
Old 05-20-11, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I amazingly got coupons in the mail for 2 of my old accounts, but not my current Members account (which I need to cancel tomorrow, if I'm not going to keep it)
So were these expired trial accounts and the coupons were incentives to get you to renew? Were the offers anything special or just basic 15-20% off one item?
I've never got anything in the mail from them and don't know what to expect now that they got a decent buyout offer from Liberty Media (hey, at least it's NOT Borders!) at 20% premium over previous day's closing price. It'll probably get approved since their CEO seems to be onboard.
Old 05-23-11, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
So were these expired trial accounts and the coupons were incentives to get you to renew? Were the offers anything special or just basic 15-20% off one item?
I've never got anything in the mail from them and don't know what to expect now that they got a decent buyout offer from Liberty Media (hey, at least it's NOT Borders!) at 20% premium over previous day's closing price. It'll probably get approved since their CEO seems to be onboard.
They weren't giving me much of incentive to renew, as far as I could tell, but I believe they were both from trial accounts I had. One definitely was. I'm not sure about the other. There were two 15% off coupons I think, good over different date periods.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 05-23-11 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-23-11, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The 2 Criterion sales, the B2G1 sales, and the 50% coupons are reason enough for me to renew my membership. I easily save $25 with those alone.
Old 05-23-11, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I noticed B&N has several James Bond blu-rays on sale for $6.99 each. I have not checked every title but found they have Live and Let Die, Die Another Day, For Your Eyes only, and From Russia With Love marked down. Looks like it's part of a Father's Day sale.
Old 05-24-11, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just tried the 10% P4U7L9E code and it comes up "expired". The 7% "E7E4K8K" code works fine though.
Old 05-24-11, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by drh4
Just tried the 10% P4U7L9E code and it comes up "expired". The 7% "E7E4K8K" code works fine though.
Thanks for the information. I removed it from the list. Looks like B&N changed the expiration date from January 2012 to May 23, 2011. I checked AAA to see if they might have a new 10% code to replace it but it appears they currently have nothing new.
Old 05-25-11, 03:36 PM
ADP

Any news on when there will be another 50% coupon or is that a done deal?

I am kicking myself that I didn't buy more stuff last time.
Old 05-25-11, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like it might be the beginning of the end of posting store coupons now. The latest batch of store coupons do not have barcodes. I believe B&N has implemented new countermeasures to restrict store coupons to only one purchase before the coupon becomes invalid. I assume each coupon will have a unique barcode along with a unique online code that can only be used once. I noticed on the recent social twist promotion the store coupons they were sending out all had different barcodes. If you don't get B&N email offers you probably can expect even fewer coupons with this latest move.

Old 05-25-11, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ADP
Any news on when there will be another 50% coupon or is that a done deal?

If there are any future 50% coupons the latest changes B&N has done with coupon barcodes may make it more difficult to get one.
Old 05-25-11, 07:05 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

[QUOTE=LASERMOVIES;10789468]Looks like it might be the beginning of the end of posting store coupons now. The latest batch of store coupons do not have barcodes. I believe B&N has implemented new countermeasures to restrict store coupons to only one purchase before the coupon becomes invalid. I assume each coupon will have a unique barcode along with a unique online code that can only be used once. I noticed on the recent social twist promotion the store coupons they were sending out all had different barcodes. If you don't get B&N email offers you probably can expect even fewer coupons with this latest move.

aannnnnnnnnnnnnd Barnes and Noble will most likely not see much of me anymore then. their coupons were the only thing that kept them competitive
Old 05-25-11, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
If there are any future 50% coupons the latest changes B&N has done with coupon barcodes may make it more difficult to get one.
What do you mean by changes?
Old 05-25-11, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeDoakes
What do you mean by changes?
They're going to more of a unique code with letters and numbers instead of the generic number code like in post #4252. Also, I've read somewhere on sd where a bn employee says that they're changing their POS system to clamp down on coupon abuse.

Probably not going to renew my membership with these changes (loss of $5 off $20 coupon, 50% coupon gone). I'll probably buy most of the Criterions I really want during the June sale just to take advantage of the ship to home option that gives me FS with no minimum.
Old 05-25-11, 08:44 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I signed up on the BN.com for email and I still don't get any coupons from them. This is definitely a bad development if you can't get any email from them. And I'm a member and that account I can't get email either.
Old 05-25-11, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've always thought that they could have implemented a system to prevent members from using more that a reasonable number of coupons. Non-members it's practically impossible. Well it appears they are finally doing it. Oh well, it was fun while the bargains lasted. No more $30 Criterions for $8.50. These barcodeless coupons started with the NYC store specific one which never made sense till now.
Old 05-25-11, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by g
I signed up on the BN.com for email and I still don't get any coupons from them. This is definitely a bad development if you can't get any email from them. And I'm a member and that account I can't get email either.
This is my first post here.
I have the same situation as yours. I used to receive coupons from BN, but it was totally stop after I renewed my membership last September. I'll let my membership expire and don't want to renew it again. Without LASERMOVIES, it's hard to imagine for me to shop at BN in the future. I bought 90% of my Blu-rays from Amazon, and some at Target and Bestbuy. If BN still treat their members like a SHIT, it soon be the next Border.
Old 05-25-11, 09:07 PM

Will Amazon hold the Criterion Sale this summer against BN? If yes, I don't mind to pay an extra as Amazon customer service is far superior than BN.
Old 05-25-11, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ADP
Me, too. Well, I'm glad I let my membership expire this week instead of renewing... I used the Borders 50% off coupon a ton (not as good as B&N, I know, but it helped fill the void)
Old 05-25-11, 10:07 PM

Looks my membership is expiring at just the right time. I almost didn't even renew last year. I'm definitely not going to renew at the end of this month. I'll take one more look this weekend to see if there's anything I need to make use of one last online coupon before I'm done with B&N. I can't see using them any more. I'm down to Amazon and Amazon alone for online dvd purchases come June 1st.

Gary "thanks again to Laser for all his hard work in this thread" O.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.