Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-11, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
Then the manager says something about how he noticed on the coupon printout that the file name printed on the top of the page shows the percentage discount. He says that he thinks someone probably figured out which coupon was the 50 percent coupon and posted it online. Then he tells the cashier about how it sucks that people have to ruin a deal like this. He says the coupon discount is supposed to be a surprise and that people should just go along with it instead of spoiling it.

Needless to say, I hightailed it out of there.
I also noticed that so I cut out the portion where it mentioned the 50% discount before handing the coupon to the cashier. I got Mad Men Season 4 in blu for about $20 and Ten Commandments gift box in blu for about $36 . Tax not included in prices mentioned. Going back for the Norman Conquests later today if I can find it in store. I know the blu ray Mad Men sets were $8.99 at Amazon during Black Friday last year, but I didn't want to wait hoping Amazon would repeat sale this year. Of course I will regret if it happens. The buy one TV set get the second for 1/2 price doesn't work for British TV.

It seems every time i consider giving up my membership, B&N comes up with something that makes me glad i am still a member.

Last edited by Classic Films; 04-02-11 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-02-11, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tron 2 movie collection (bluray) $26.XX shipped to home
Blow Out (bluray) $15.XX shipped to home
Topsy Turvy (Bluray) $16.XX shipped to home
Star Was Complete Saga (bluray) $48.XX shipped to home

Tempting LOTR Extended Bluray version. Already had it on DVD! But i'll be back later today and tomorrow for more cheap ass Criterion deal
Old 04-02-11, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just noticed that Ken Burns' Baseball box set is the bn.com Deal of the Day at 42.49. A ship to home using a coupon could get you this for 21.25 plus tax which an absolute steal.
Old 04-02-11, 11:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Classic Films
I also noticed that so I cut out the portion where it mentioned the 50% discount before handing the coupon to the cashier.
I actually stopped cutting that part out after my first few stops. I was getting tired of trying to act surpirsed when they told me I got lucky and had a 50% coupon. I started pointing out the URL to the cashiers when I handed them the coupon stating that I think I might have gotten lucky and had a few 50% off coupons.
Old 04-02-11, 11:46 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

lol, it took long enough but finally found that ONE guy who comes in and starts screaming at everyone for using multiple coupons and pointing the "FRAUD" finger at them
Old 04-02-11, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by wormraper
lol, it took long enough but finally found that ONE guy who comes in and starts screaming at everyone for using multiple coupons and pointing the "FRAUD" finger at them
Did you see him in the bathroom mirror?
Old 04-02-11, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by georgec
Did you see him in the bathroom mirror?
lol, no , surprisingly enough over at Blu-ray.com

the guy in my mirror rarely makes any sense so I just ignore him
Old 04-02-11, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went in today and it was the same cashier as the other day, but I figured I'd give it a shot. She definitely remembered me, especially considering I got Doctor Who then and Doctor who today, lol. But I just said they sent me a few more coupons and I thought I'd try 'em out. Worked out no problem using both; one for an in-store purchase and one for a ship-to-home order.

It's funny, because she actually commented that the only coupons she was seeing were the 50% Off ones, and I just said Barnes & Noble is probably sending more of those out to drum up some business.

I mean, I get what they're saying, but Barnes & Noble could easily prevent coupon "abuse" if they wanted to, they just don't really seem to care. And if they don't care, I don't care, lol.

Actually, they should be glad there are those of us who are willing to use the coupon multiple times. They're having money problems and can use all the business they can get. I know I've purchased items that have literally been sitting on the shelf for at least a year, untouched. Better I get them at a discount then the store having them sit there collecting dust.

Last edited by kstublen; 04-02-11 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-02-11, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Films
It seems every time i consider giving up my membership, B&N comes up with something that makes me glad i am still a member.
Just when you thought you were out....

Old 04-02-11, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
Went in today and it was the same cashier as the other day, but I figured I'd give it a shot. She definitely remembered me, especially considering I got Doctor Who then and Doctor who today, lol. But I just said they sent me a few more coupons and I thought I'd try 'em out. Worked out no problem using both; one for an in-store purchase and one for a ship-to-home order.

It's funny, because she actually commented that the only coupons she was seeing were the 50% Off ones, and I just said Barnes & Noble is probably sending more of those out to drum up some business.

I mean, I get what they're saying, but Barnes & Noble could easily prevent coupon "abuse" if they wanted to, they just don't really seem to care. And if they don't care, I don't care, lol.

Actually, they should be glad there are those of us who are willing to use the coupon multiple times. They're having money problems and can use all the business they can get. I know I've purchased items that have literally been sitting on the shelf for at least a year, untouched. Better I get them at a discount then the store having them sit there collecting dust.
lol, I was just laughing at the term "fraud". there is a BIG differnce between coupon abuse (being against store policy like only accepting one per customer) and coupon fraud (a legal thing, usually when copying a coupon not mean't to be copied or editing with Photoshop etc).....

and as for multiple coupons. hell, my local BandN media manager will literally ring up multiple coupons in the same transaction without blinking. says it's great to see people taking advantage of the sales.
Old 04-02-11, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was just looking at the coupons a few minutes ago and noticed B&N removed the 30% member coupon. Wonder if they are up to something and are thinking about removing all the coupons.
Old 04-02-11, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I was just looking at the coupons a few minutes ago and noticed B&N removed the 30% member coupon. Wonder if they are up to something and are thinking about removing all the coupons.
just clicked on the link you have to it right now and it's working fine for me
Old 04-02-11, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

just clicked on the link you have to it right now and it's working fine for me
Nevermind. Seems like it is some sort of issue with my browser. I'm not able to see it when I use fire fox. I can see it with IE.
Old 04-02-11, 01:52 PM

I know it's most likely been answered but what happens when you pre-order something like the stars wars set???? do you get it taken out of your CC account then or billed when shipped???
Old 04-02-11, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I know it's most likely been answered but what happens when you pre-order something like the stars wars set???? do you get it taken out of your CC account then or billed when shipped???
With ship to home orders at a store you're charged immediately even when it is a pre-order.
Old 04-02-11, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
With ship to home orders at a store you're charged immediately even when it is a pre-order.
ewww, bummer. don't wanna spend $50 now when it's 5 1/2 months away and have to worry about them jacking around refunding me if it DOES get cancelled
Old 04-02-11, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Nice list! Thanks for the suggestions. I'm definitely in for The Great Dictator, and possibly a few others (own F&LILV already)
Just to make sure -- you know a new, Criterion version of Fear and Loathing is coming out on blu-ray? All of the discs he mentioned are new or upcoming Criterion releases.
Old 04-02-11, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got back from a trip to two B&N's (about 20 minutes each leg of the journey). I was able to use 8 coupons, 2 each at each store's DVD service counter and customer service counter.

I picked up Star Wars Saga, Lord of the Rings EE Trilogy, Yi-Yi, Solaris, Fear and Loathing, Cercle Rouge, Great Dictator, and Chungking Express (clear cover -- finally!!).

Quite a haul! Now to monitor whether or not any of those preorders get canceled. I agree it gets tedious to act surprised. "Wow, where's the closest place to buy a lottery ticket?!"
Old 04-02-11, 04:06 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cgray
I agree it gets tedious to act surprised. "Wow, where's the closest place to buy a lottery ticket?!"
When I went to another two stores today, I changed up my routine and went all "last time I got two coupons, one was 10% and the other was 15%, boy would I be happy with 20% this time." Then they had pity for me and seemed genuinely happy with me getting the 50%.
Old 04-02-11, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Today I used a coupon on a ship to home order for Sherlock Holmes: Complete Collection on BD which was already 40% off, 77.99 online. I added 2 bargain books I've been wanting which put my total over $50. I then handed her the $5 off a $50 purchase coupon which she gladly accepted.
Old 04-02-11, 04:44 PM

For those of you who don't want the url printed at the top of your printout you can usually hide that in your print options.

For FireFox users it's File \ Page Setup \ Margins & Header/Footer --> Under the options, one of them should said url, just switch it to blank.
Old 04-02-11, 05:00 PM

well, I broke down. I ordered the stars wars saga for $48.87 shipped to my house. If it get cancelled I guess it gets cancelled. I'll get my refund... *shrug. but hey, if it goes through it will be insane
Old 04-02-11, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Velmeran
For those of you who don't want the url printed at the top of your printout you can usually hide that in your print options.

For FireFox users it's File \ Page Setup \ Margins & Header/Footer --> Under the options, one of them should said url, just switch it to blank.
Or you could just cut out the coupon.
Old 04-02-11, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Today, so far. I may go back out for something else and try and pre-order a couple more titles:

Blus-
Black Orpheus
Something Wild
Pale Flower
Kes
The Great Dictator
Kiss Me Deadly
Old 04-02-11, 05:57 PM

Oh wow, color me surprised. They discouraged coupons on Criterions for several months there and had to get every single one okay'd be the manager on duty. Long story short, everything worked out and I am $35 poorer. Glad it all worked out, but I am not pressing my luck again and will go back when the Criterion sale pops up. And traffic was not bad for a Saturday morning!

Anyways, picked up the two things I was wanting so I am more than happy. $16.19+tax for Au Revoir Les Enfants and $16.19+tax for Double Life of Veronique. I may pick up something else with my last coupon (self-imposed limit is three). Dunno what just yet, but it'll hit me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.