Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-11, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Boy, I can never just get in and out of there.

I went to CS who helped me with a ship-to-home order, no problem. I then took the print-out to the main registers with my coupon. It rang up at 50% off and she starts oohing and aahing. So I swipe my card, and she says, "Oh...", it didn't take the discount.

Apparently I swiped my card too quickly before the system had a chance to take the 50% off. So she winds up calling over a manager who spends 5 minutes hitting keys and staring at the screen. It's then followed by a lengthy conversation about how rare a 50% off coupon is....apparently neither one of them has ever seen one.

I then go back to the Media department, where the same effing guy who was there at 6:30 last night is working again at 9:30 AM. Since he rang me up for two 50% coupons last night, there was no way I was going to try another one with him the following day.
Old 04-01-11, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaymole
My B&N would not do a ship to Home using the coupon

Anyway, I went back after work and bought three more Blu-Rays for $8.09 + tax each:

Network
Soylent Green
Five Corners

Why? What did they say?
Old 04-01-11, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jaymole
My B&N would not do a ship to Home using the coupon
Could you post which store this was? I am going to hit a couple Manhattan locations this weekend and don't want to waste time with stores that are going to give me problems with ship-to-home. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-01-11, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was able to go in today and do an in-store purchase and a ship-to-home order in the DVD department, no problem at all.

I gave customer service in another part of the store a shot again, but was met with disappointment. This guy wasn't all there and when I told him the title, he typed it in, but there were only book results. I pointed out that it was a DVD and he needed to have the search set to DVDs, not Books. So what did he do? He typed the same search into the search box, but didn't change it to DVDS, so the exact same results came up. He suggested I go to the DVD department to do the order.

I'm going out tonight with some friends and there's a different Barnes & Noble right next door to the place we're going, so I'll stop in there as well. Luckily, it doesn't have anything in-stock so I can probably do two ship-to-home orders there.
Old 04-01-11, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 447 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by illennium
Could you post which store this was? I am going to hit a couple Manhattan locations this weekend and don't want to waste time with stores that are going to give me problems with ship-to-home. Thanks in advance.
This was the Union Square store. They also have just instituted a new policy there of only one coupon (with the same barcode) per customer. I had to show them that I had 2 different coupons (Member & Non-Member) so I could make the 2 transactions....they use to be very lenient in the past.
Old 04-01-11, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OK, I hated seeing everyone else have all the fun, so this morning I drive the 45 miles to my closest B&N and got there right as they opened. I browsed the BD section for awhile before deciding on Sherlock Holmes: Season 1. I handed her the "mystery" coupon and was prepared to act shocked when she applied it, but she barely reacted when she told me the total was $17.99. I then went to the CS desk and had no problem placing a STH order for the LOTR Trilogy. As before, I was set to be "shocked" during the checkout, but again, barely a reaction. With my $20 Groupon GC, it dropped the final price to $21.99. All that "shock" rehearsal for nothing
Old 04-01-11, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

^ Feigning incredulity does get tiring after a while.
Old 04-01-11, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Has anyone ever had a "Scheduled to Ship" order canceled? Just curious.
Old 04-01-11, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's a 15% online code I'm putting up for grabs.

KPTYRJC4R4J55
Old 04-01-11, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll see your 15% online code, and raise you a 20% online code:

RZNZ1CBL5G7UU
Old 04-01-11, 04:55 PM

Is there anyway to track ship to home orders?
Old 04-01-11, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by dan31655
Is there anyway to track ship to home orders?
Once it is shipped out you can track it. You should get an email saying "You're Barnes and Noble order XXXXX is on it's way." If it is an item not yet released, you have to wait until the release date or when it officially ships out.
Old 04-01-11, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

1.) Your Order ######## Has Been Received
2.) Your Order ######## Is Scheduled To Ship
3.) Your Barnes & Noble Order ######## Is On Its Way
Old 04-01-11, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kstublen
1.) Your Order ######## Has Been Received
2.) Your Order ######## Is Scheduled To Ship
3.) Your Barnes & Noble Order ######## Is On Its Way
That is ####ing awesome
Old 04-01-11, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bhauge
OK, I hated seeing everyone else have all the fun, so this morning I drive the 45 miles to my closest B&N and got there right as they opened. I browsed the BD section for awhile before deciding on Sherlock Holmes: Season 1. I handed her the "mystery" coupon and was prepared to act shocked when she applied it, but she barely reacted when she told me the total was $17.99. I then went to the CS desk and had no problem placing a STH order for the LOTR Trilogy. As before, I was set to be "shocked" during the checkout, but again, barely a reaction. With my $20 Groupon GC, it dropped the final price to $21.99. All that "shock" rehearsal for nothing
LMAO! I was the exact opposite today. I used it two more times, and the cashier made such a big deal about me being their "first 50% off coupon" that I had to act surprised and happy!

I actually went to the media dept to do my ship to home order this time, since there wasn't much I wanted at this store. But he shut me down! I wanted True Blood S3, which comes out May 31. He said if he placed the order, it would just get canceled. He wouldn't even attempt it... I have better luck at customer service, so I think I'll just continue doing that... I ended up buying The Ten Commandments box set even though I was wishy washy on whether I actually wanted it. Then I bought a book downstairs... 6 coupons used so far...
Old 04-01-11, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Walked by the Barnes & Noble but the same guy from last night was working tonight, so I didn't attempt to go to the DVD section. I did try and stop by Customer Service, but got shot down again

Oh well, I'll stop by another store near where I'm at tonight and, hopefully, knock out two ship-to-home orders.
Old 04-01-11, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I stopped in my favorite B&N today and placed a ship to home order with my favorite B&N employee. He's very friendly, knowledgeable, and most importantly for this week, never hassles me about coupons. I ordered Tron: 2 Movie Collection and a Classical CD box set that were both around $50 each before coupons. I handed him one each of the member and non-member 50% off coupons which he accepted and scanned without question. My total was $50 plus tax and he didn't say a word. I then asked if I could use the $5 off a $50 purchase coupon and he gladly accepted that as well.

I plan to go back tomorrow and Sunday for more. I just don't know what the "more" is yet.
Old 04-01-11, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ThePhantomGoat
They don't. At least that's what I've been told by managers on multiple occasions.
Regarding manufacturers coupons...

I was in B&N today and asked the movie/music manager if they accept manufacturers coupons and he said "Yes, but no one ever brings them in". I forgot to ask the followup question "will you accept one of theirs and one of yours on one item?". I'll ask that tomorrow.
Old 04-01-11, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If you're planning on using a manufacturer coupon for Tron, I wouldn't think the coupon would be valid until the 5th.
Old 04-01-11, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Made my first ever purchase at B&N today! I went in and ordered LOTR EE on blu with free shipping for $45.32 after tax. Quick question though. Will they charge my card now or when it ships?
Old 04-01-11, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Made my first ever purchase at B&N today! I went in and ordered LOTR EE on blu with free shipping for $45.32 after tax. Quick question though. Will they charge my card now or when it ships?
They charged you at the register.
Old 04-01-11, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks to those who posted some online codes. Is there a 50% off one?
Old 04-01-11, 07:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I never really shopped at a BN store before, but in using the 50% coupon I realized their TV section is actually fairly well stocked with a decent variety. I went three times getting six titles for 50% off by combining with the buy 1 get 1 for 50% off deal. Knowing this, I won't ignore these high discount store only coupons anymore. Thanks OP.
Old 04-01-11, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nitin77
thanks to those who posted some online codes. Is there a 50% off one?
There are, but you'll be hard pressed to find someone who will give that one up. I lucked out and received one, but used it online already since it was one less ship-to-home I had to worry about doing in-store.
Old 04-01-11, 08:04 PM

Made the rounds after work today and placed a bunch of ship-to-home pre-orders (I hope none get canceled).

I ordered (Prices before tax):
Blow Out Criterion Blu $15.20
Something Wild Criterion Blu $17.10
Ip Man 2 CE Blu $14.10
Diabolique Criterion Blu $17.10
Solaris Criterion Blu $17.10
Breaking Bad Season 3 Blu $18.52
South Park Season 14 Blu $24.79
True Grit Blu $14.82
Lord of the Rings Trilogy Blu $41.99
Star Wars Complete Saga Blu $44.79

Also ordered in store (wanted to ship-to-home, but everywhere had them in stock):
Treme Season1 Blu $32.39
Stieg Larsson Dragon Trilogy Blu $32.39
Silent Naruse Criterion Eclipse $18.22

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.