Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-11, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Thanks again for the coupons LM! The 10% off each item in your order is handy.

I grabbed 4 Graphic Novels from the Buy 3 Get 1 Free Sale, and even with the $13.95(!) shipping to Canada, the total was still $10 less than Amazon.ca.
Old 03-14-11, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom
I grabbed 4 Graphic Novels from the Buy 3 Get 1 Free Sale, and even with the $13.95(!) shipping to Canada, the total was still $10 less than Amazon.ca.
Damn, I didn't know about that sale. I bought 4 graphic novels in the same order just 4 weeks ago, and haven't read any of them yet. I guess I shoulda waited...
I looked around to see if I can find 4 more that I want, and there are, but two of them are not included in the sale. I guess it's cuz they just came out March 1st... Also, The Muppet Show graphic novels are not included, probably because they are instead included in some Easter book offer. Darn.
Old 03-15-11, 07:12 AM

So I am assuming the 50% coupons will not get fixed?

Old 03-15-11, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Has anyone attempted to use a coupon? I was wondering what a store would do or say if there was no barcode or number to enter.
Old 03-15-11, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Has anyone attempted to use a coupon? I was wondering what a store would do or say if there was no barcode or number to enter.
I've never seen a Barnes and Noble coupon without a barcode. It doesn't make sense. I guess I could call the store. Probably a small chance I would be able to use it though.
Old 03-15-11, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's hard enough to get them to implement coupons with a legitimate barcode, why give them an opportunity to laugh out loud at a "bogus" coupon. Usually they call in their managers if they have questions, but you might find a novice CSR who does a manual overide which may cause her grief later, YMMV.
Old 03-15-11, 10:14 PM

Wow, I live very close to the El Cerrito B&N, and I still have my $20 for $10 Groupon gift certificate.

I might pick up Army of Shadows or Night of the Hunter on BD. Any other suggestions, Criterion or not?

Last edited by georgec; 03-15-11 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-17-11, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

BN.com has a few Criterion BDs on sale for 23.99/40% off as part of a 40-50% off "one week only" sale. The Criterion titles are:

Broadcast News
Army of Shadows
Cronos
Fish Tank
Senso
Sweet Smell of Success

Of course, these will be cheaper at the next Criterion half off sale but if you can't wait or have coupons/Groupons you want to use these are pretty good prices.
Old 03-18-11, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Well, looks like I finally got the weekly coupons back in my email account linked to my membership account. Hope we get some 20% online coupons soon.
Old 03-18-11, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by jwstl
BN.com has a few Criterion BDs on sale for 23.99/40% off as part of a 40-50% off "one week only" sale. The Criterion titles are:

Broadcast News
Army of Shadows
Cronos
Fish Tank
Senso
Sweet Smell of Success

Of course, these will be cheaper at the next Criterion half off sale but if you can't wait or have coupons/Groupons you want to use these are pretty good prices.
Thanks. I picked up Senso as I had gotten everything else from previous sales (back when they had the B2G1 free on all DVD/BD and the Criterion store THANKS sale). I have to put a sizable dent in my list because of the abundance of Apr/May/June/July titles I'll be buying in the B&N sale because the smaller the better.
Old 03-19-11, 04:42 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jwstl
BN.com has a few Criterion BDs on sale for 23.99/40% off as part of a 40-50% off "one week only" sale[/url]. The Criterion titles are:

Broadcast News
Army of Shadows
Cronos
Fish Tank
Senso
Sweet Smell of Success
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered Senso which I had intended to preorder but forgot about.
Old 03-19-11, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Quick question, are there any coupons ever valid on the Nook? I'm assuming no(looking at the restrictions on the ones in the first post), but figured I'd ask anyway.
I was just gonna ask that same question. Lemme know if you find anything.
Old 03-19-11, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob
I don't think so. I asked about this recently and so far they haven't accepted coupons towards the purchase of a Nook.
Old 03-19-11, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

No luck finding anything, but I did read an article on jailbreaking the color nook and the writer mentioned finding a deal on it for $200. Obviously he didn't mention how or where.

I did notice that Books-A-Million sells the Nook as well, so maybe there might be something out there.
Old 03-19-11, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No luck finding anything, but I did read an article on jailbreaking the color nook and the writer mentioned finding a deal on it for $200. Obviously he didn't mention how or where.

I did notice that Books-A-Million sells the Nook as well, so maybe there might be something out there.
This was through Ebay with a coupon but believe the deal has already run its course weeks ago.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/02...-ebay-channel/
Old 03-21-11, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not a good week for new coupons but did find information for a new upcoming DVD and blu-ray sale that is starting next week.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...=&promoid=9498

This offer is valid only on BN.com from 12:01 a.m. ET on 3/28/11 until 4/11/11 2:59 A.M. while supplies last.

Select two (2) qualifying TV on DVD or Blu-ray Disc titles from our TV on DVD Buy One Get the 2nd at 50% Off promotion and get the less expensive item for 50% OFF the list price. Simply look for DVDs and Blu-ray discs bearing the "TV on DVD Buy 1 Get 1 50% off" icon at BN.com

This offer can be redeemed once per customer, and per billing address. Shipping charges may apply.

Note: If no "List Price" displays on the item's product page, the discount will be applied to the "Online Price." If "List Price" displays on the item's product page and the current "Online Price" provides greater savings than this offer price, then the "Online Price" will apply. The "Online Price" is the price at Checkout before taxes, shipping and handling charges, and discounts are applied. The current Online Price will apply to additional purchases of these items.

Additional Rules Governing this offer: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, magazines, and periodicals), audiobook MP3s, Quamut PDFs, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, shipping or handling expenses, applicable sales tax, products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," or any other products other than DVDs and Blu-ray discs in the TV on DVD Buy One Get the 2nd at 50% Off promotion bearing the icon; (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any other coupon or discount promotion; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount.

Returns or cancellations which affect the minimum number of items purchased may result in forfeiture of discounts applied at the time an order is placed and you will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit card or debit your Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments and will notify you via e-mail of such charge or debit. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer may be not be the same as a similar promotion available in Barnes & Noble retail bookstores. Please visit your local Barnes & Noble store for details of that offer. This offer is not valid at any Barnes & Noble College Bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 03-21-11, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Navinabob
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I don't think so. I asked about this recently and so far they haven't accepted coupons towards the purchase of a Nook.
Don't want to derail the thread much further but wanted to give a heads up, that Best Buy now carries the Nook Color. I have a 10% coupon sitting in front of me that doesn't list it as an exclusion.

I'll be trying it after work, but wanted to mention it early so you guys would have time to try it out vs. me posting at later tonight that a coupon worked an hour before they close. It's a standard 10% off that is emailed/mailed every few weeks.
Old 03-21-11, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Not a good week for new coupons but did find information for a new upcoming DVD and blu-ray sale that is starting next week.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll probably look at it late Sunday night since I suspect bn.com will raise prices when the sale starts on Monday.
Old 03-22-11, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'll be trying it after work, but wanted to mention it early so you guys would have time to try it out vs. me posting at later tonight that a coupon worked an hour before they close. It's a standard 10% off that is emailed/mailed every few weeks.
No dice. I'd say there is still a chance with a clueless cashier, but chances are remote.

Now back to the non-Nook talk...
Old 03-24-11, 08:39 AM

B&N has become just... S-A-D. I've only ordered two small dvds from them in the last 2+ months. Since Christmas time they've offered almost no decent online coupon codes (the nearest store is about an hour away so physical coupons do me no good), and on top of that the dvds I do have in my wishlist haven't budged off the typical 10-20% off. Therefore I've all but abandoned this store as a solid source for my dvds. Once my membership is up (I think in late May or early June) I'm definitely done with this company. I used to be purchasing at least a couple of dvds, on average, per month from them by making use of 15% or 20% coupons, along with seeing better discounts than I've seen lately on their items. It's a real pity that I'm dropping them, but when Amazon can consistently beat their prices...

I want to thank Laser one more time for all his great work in this thread (as well as the previous one). Without him finding and posting all the great coupon codes down through the years I'd have never purchased 1/10th of what I have from the company. And since I do still have a couple of months left on my current membership, I'd still love to see any coupon codes you come across added to the front page of this thread, Laser. But either way, I want to let you know I appreciate you and everyone else that's made this thread a daily visit for me. Thanks!

Gary "looks like I'm almost down to Amazon and Amazon alone at this point" O.
Old 03-24-11, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

I had every intention of letting my recent trial membership roll over at the end of February, but it was becoming obvious that the coupons (and thus deals) weren't going to be as plentiful as they once were so I canceled it a weak before it was up. Had I been able to use all those groupon codes, it might have kept me in such a positive frame of mind I wouldn't have sweated the extra $25- but not after having half of them voided out. Had I kept it, I definitely would have placed a few more recent orders because of the no minimum orders- but otherwise between Amazon w/ Prime, and a CBS/Paramount sale and 10% off code at DVDEmpire, I've got the majority of my winter/spring want list already checked off.

Still hope they kick out a B2G1 in June and the Criterion sale in July. Deals won't be as good as they were, but I'm still holding off on a few much wanted titles till then. Of course, Amazon usually matches the 50% price on most Criterions during those sales, so I may just save the gas and get them from Amazon anyway.
Old 03-24-11, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

We really need another Groupon deal or 50% off coupon like we had in rapid succession last month.
Old 03-24-11, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
We really need another Groupon deal or 50% off coupon like we had in rapid succession last month.
Seeing how that turned out the last time I would be surprised if they do it again with either.
Old 03-27-11, 03:26 AM

I'm sorta questioning myself as to why I renewed my membership 2 weeks ago.
Old 03-27-11, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Kevy
I'm sorta questioning myself as to why I renewed my membership 2 weeks ago.
You can cancel if it is within the 30 day window specified in the membership terms.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.