Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 02-13-11, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by jwstl
You should have cancelled when you had the chance. It doesn't make sense to confirm you want an order after trying to cancel it.
Yeah, it doesn't. I think it's just because they wanted it and I don't trust them. Also I think I was hopeful that it really would ship.
Old 02-14-11, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I just used the Cancel option online for 1 of the 4 items in my security held order. I'm hoping the other 3 items may suddenly ship, but I won't get my hopes up...
Old 02-14-11, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like a new 20% coupon is coming later in the week for all customers. Hopefully I can find the online code.

20% off one item Online Coupon Details:

This coupon can only be redeemed once online at BN.com

This coupon is valid from February 17, 2011 to February 22, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

The 20% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the bn.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) not valid at hp.bn.com (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble retail stores or Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 02-14-11, 03:06 PM

Perfect - I was just about to place an order using the 15% coupon but now I will wait. Every penny counts.
Old 02-14-11, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I still haven't been refunded for my order canceled on 2/6.
Old 02-14-11, 04:04 PM

So I assume I have to harass Groupon to refund me the money on the gift cards they cancelled?
Old 02-14-11, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Spunkymonkey
So I assume I have to harass Groupon to refund me the money on the gift cards they cancelled?
Old 02-14-11, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Spunkymonkey
I actually just called because they hadn't refunded 10 Groupons that were zeroed out. The CSR said an email had gone out saying they would refund them and she said she'll take care of it. She was pretty aware of what had happened unlike most customer service people (I'm looking at you B&N) who are clueless. So I'll give them a few more days to make it right.

I missed the earlier post about Groupon support saying it will take 10 days.
Old 02-14-11, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I checked the balance on my remaining Groupons and found 3 of them have been reduced to a zero balance today. Only one of them still had $20. I'm in the process of using it before they can cancel it. Looks like they figured out I had multiple accounts. If anyone has any remaining Groupons I would use them quickly before they can zap them.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 02-14-11 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-14-11, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It looks like they learned a lesson. There's now a 20 for 10 Groupon for Familyvideo.com but instead of using a GC code it's a coupon code and only 1 coupon can be used.
Old 02-14-11, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jwstl
It looks like they learned a lesson. There's now a 20 for 10 Groupon for Familyvideo.com but instead of using a GC code it's a coupon code and only 1 coupon can be used.
What city do you see this under? It might be in your city only, since I do not see that offer...

EDIT: I found it under Sacramento. Thanks, I got it for free... I had a $10 credit from a referral to MYSELF from the B&N deal!
The Family Video coupon expires June 15, so there's plenty of time to wait for an eventual bargain to appear...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-14-11 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-14-11, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I checked the balance on my remaining Groupons and found 3 of them have been reduced to a zero balance today. Only one of them still had $20. I'm in the process of using it before they can cancel it. Looks like they figured out I had multiple accounts. If anyone has any remaining Groupons I would use them quickly before they can zap them.
That sucks. I still have one unused groupon left, but I think I will swing by a local store tonight and convert it to an actual gift card.
Old 02-14-11, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Well, I just used the Cancel option online for 1 of the 4 items in my security held order. I'm hoping the other 3 items may suddenly ship, but I won't get my hopes up...
Of course, I get this:
Unfortunately, we are unable to complete this request, as your order has entered the shipping process or has already shipped. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Well, IF the items ship, then great! But as far as I know, they are still stuck in a security review, so I don't believe that email...
Old 02-14-11, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
That sucks. I still have one unused groupon left, but I think I will swing by a local store tonight and convert it to an actual gift card.
At least I managed to use the last one on two different orders. Hopefully they ship. Most of the stuff I ordered with Groupons has already shipped, but still have three orders to worry about.
Old 02-14-11, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I contacted B&N and they told me that my order in review will be canceled because I cannot have two groupons on one order. Further, the GCs will not be refunded, however they advised I should contact Groupon to get a NEW code. Has anyone heard of that being successful?
Old 02-14-11, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

This whole thing was a massive goat fuck from Day 1.

I am done with "Groupons".
Old 02-14-11, 05:29 PM

Looks like a new 20% coupon is coming later in the week for all customers. Hopefully I can find the online code.
I hope you are able to locate it, Laser. I'm one of the unfortunate folks that doesn't have a B&N store anywhere near me (I have to drive a solid 45 minutes to get to the nearest one) so I depend on the online coupons to make my membership worthwhile. Thanks for continuing to provide the codes for us!
Old 02-14-11, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the Family Video GC. They usually have the cheapest prices for BU titles, so it will definitely come in handy.
Old 02-14-11, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by GaryO
I hope you are able to locate it, Laser. I'm one of the unfortunate folks that doesn't have a B&N store anywhere near me (I have to drive a solid 45 minutes to get to the nearest one) so I depend on the online coupons to make my membership worthwhile. Thanks for continuing to provide the codes for us!
Amen to this, thank you so much Laser. I have a BN close by but they do not carry movies.
Old 02-14-11, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

When does the B&N A&E/History sale end?
Old 02-14-11, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Chalk up another one. I just checked my remaining and all were $0. I was hoping that they'd last until tomorrow so I could get some new releases that I really wanted...shame on me for waiting in hope when I could have bought many items I still wanted.

Time to watch my credit card for chargebacks now!
Old 02-14-11, 07:46 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Thanks for the Family Video GC. They usually have the cheapest prices for BU titles, so it will definitely come in handy.
What is a BU title?
Old 02-14-11, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by g
What is a BU title?
blue underground
Old 02-14-11, 08:01 PM
Cool New Member

Were the three that were reduced to zero all on the same credit card? I have a few left under different 3 CC numbers and all the ones that were reduced to zero were from the same CC number. The 2 other GC's I used different cards under still show a balance of $20.00.
Does anyone know if they will automatically credit the CC? I fear I call right away about the three GC reduced to 0, they will track my name and zapped my remaining $20 GC's.
Old 02-14-11, 08:06 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I would use up whatever you have in credit. I rushed in and used the one they hadn't zeroed out. I lost one. I don't know if they were on different credit cards. But I wouldnt risk waiting on any unused ones.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.