Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-11, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
What's the fascination with the nook color anyway? Easier to flip for profit or just the most expensive thing they can score while spending the least amount of cash?
My theory is, 1) gadget freaks need to have the newest gadgets or 2) as you said, an expensive item they can flip for a sale. Personally, I'll never buy an e-book reader. I like paper too much.
Old 02-06-11, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by izatright
My theory is, 1) gadget freaks need to have the newest gadgets or 2) as you said, an expensive item they can flip for a sale. Personally, I'll never buy an e-book reader. I like paper too much.
I kind of feel the same way. I love being able to mash a book into a backpack and go to the beach. I feel that I would be too worried about my e-reader's screen during transport or how sand might get caught in the nooks and cranny's. Something is great about being able to roll up a book.

With that being said, I bought a crapton of coupons, 12 in all. I've used pretty much all of them except 3 and I'm getting ready to use those soon as well.
Old 02-06-11, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Is there any way for non-members to get free shipping?
Old 02-06-11, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kory
Is there any way for non-members to get free shipping?
Yes, but your order after coupons must be $25+
They also had a free shipping coupon, but I think it expired... I'm sure they will do that again at some point...

They also still have the free two-month membership deal going on (see link in the first post), so you could always do that...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-06-11 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-06-11, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think I'm done with the groupons. I think I got like 12 or so. That's enough for me.

I had to lay low this time around, after having abused the 50% off coupon to the full extent... I bought 6, and already used 5. Well, I also have 4 that disappeared, but I don't expect to get those...
What's the fascination with the nook color anyway? Easier to flip for profit or just the most expensive thing they can score while spending the least amount of cash?
They are hackable. If you get the one with 3G and Wi-Fi, it's like having a cheap Ipad with internet at your fingertips pretty much anywhere, without having to pay for service.
Old 02-06-11, 10:07 AM

The fact that the gift cards are still being sold is tempting me. I already bought 12 though and I think I may have a bit of an impulsive shopping problem, hehe.
Old 02-06-11, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ec461
What I don't understand about SD is why these people would waste a few hours to make a hundred bucks or so (at best) on eBay? Are their jobs that lousy?
For many of them, I would imagine that Slick Deals is their job. Anyway, the two GCs I ordered with alternate emails went through, so I'll use those for Space: 1999 S1 on Blu-ray and I'm done.
Old 02-06-11, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I ordered 7 with 7 different emails yesterday, all back to back, and last night I got confirmation emails for all 7. Placed my first order, using 3 of the GCs, for "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," "A Beautiful Mind," "The African Queen," and "NFL: Road To Super Bowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints" for $66.44, or essentially only $36.44, which is smokin'. Going to place a second order here in a bit, and going to try for some more Groupons later. Why not, right?
Old 02-06-11, 01:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI Groupon is having a Super Bowl ad today. It could affect the B&N sales, i.e. cause a sell out.
Old 02-06-11, 03:33 PM

Many people on slickdeals always become too greedy with these kinds of deals. There was a $20 amazon GC for $10 a couple weeks ago on LivingSocial, and slickdealers scammed the shit out of them. In the end everyone just got one gift card, the way it should have been in the first place.

I hate how it takes a few greedy people to ruin it for the rest of us. I'm cool with ordering 2-3 gift certificates, but 10? 20? I think anyone trying to turn that kind of "profit" doesn't need the money in the first place - he/she just needs a different hobby.
Old 02-06-11, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by georgec
Many people on slickdeals always become too greedy with these kinds of deals. There was a $20 amazon GC for $10 a couple weeks ago on LivingSocial, and slickdealers scammed the shit out of them. In the end everyone just got one gift card, the way it should have been in the first place.

I hate how it takes a few greedy people to ruin it for the rest of us. I'm cool with ordering 2-3 gift certificates, but 10? 20? I think anyone trying to turn that kind of "profit" doesn't need the money in the first place - he/she just needs a different hobby.

Umm...they are turning the same profit as the person who buys 1, 2, or 3. It is a 100% profit (20 is 100% more than 10). So, I don't see how you could fault the person that wants to pay $100 for $200 worth of stuff from BN, but think it is fine for the person who wants to pay $30 for $60 worth of stuff from BN.

Unless you oppose people buying more than 1 on some sort of moral ground, there is no reason to complain about people buying 2 or 20. Most people like to save 50% when they shop regardless of if they are spending $20 or $200.
Old 02-06-11, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by BambooLounge
Umm...they are turning the same profit as the person who buys 1, 2, or 3. It is a 100% profit (20 is 100% more than 10). So, I don't see how you could fault the person that wants to pay $100 for $200 worth of stuff from BN, but think it is fine for the person who wants to pay $30 for $60 worth of stuff from BN.

Unless you oppose people buying more than 1 on some sort of moral ground, there is no reason to complain about people buying 2 or 20. Most people like to save 50% when they shop regardless of if they are spending $20 or $200.
Profit here refers to magnitude/absolute value, not percentage.

No moral ground here. This happens all the time with SDers, where a deal says 1/person or something, then the company begins to catch on then cancel tons of orders.

What I'm saying is people should be happy, say, saving $30 on a Nook instead of going overboard and trying to buy three of them, then sell them on ebay. Like I said, they don't need the money. It's just obsession with slickdeals.
Old 02-06-11, 06:58 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I have a groupon waiting but ti says login is unavailable
Old 02-06-11, 07:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wormraper
I haven't been able to log in either. And, it's my first coupon. So, I hope I didn't just waste $10 on nothing.
Old 02-06-11, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Jfunk1
I haven't been able to log in either. And, it's my first coupon. So, I hope I didn't just waste $10 on nothing.
No, no....don't worry about the log-in. You will still get your groupon. Their e-mail system has been taking a few hours, so keep checking.
Old 02-06-11, 07:14 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

nah don't worry about that. it's just annoying cauze their site is getting swamped
Old 02-06-11, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by wormraper
This was posted pages back in the thread but try signing in here.

https://merchants.groupon.com/login
Old 02-06-11, 07:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^ Thanks! That worked. I just have to wait until tomorrow to use it. Gives me more time to decide what to buy.
Old 02-06-11, 07:46 PM

If you have a droid/iphone, use the groupon app - you will get your code in 5 minutes.
Old 02-06-11, 07:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still haven't received my Groupons purchased through ShopDiscover and its been almost 48 hours. I'm probably going to send an email soon.

If you already have a Groupon account use touch.groupon.com to order. Groupons come super quickly.
Old 02-06-11, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Strange things are afoot.

I just got an e-mail from Discover Card indicating that I earned additional Cashback from Groupon purchases in the amount of $10. This would equate to 5 Groupon purchases through ShopDiscover (since the bonus is 20%).

My concern is that I received only 3 actual Groupons through this portal. So, I will either be receiving the additional two at some point in the future, or I will need to contact Groupon and find out where they are.
Old 02-06-11, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Strange things are afoot.

I just got an e-mail from Discover Card indicating that I earned additional Cashback from Groupon purchases in the amount of $10. This would equate to 5 Groupon purchases through ShopDiscover (since the bonus is 20%).

My concern is that I received only 3 actual Groupons through this portal. So, I will either be receiving the additional two at some point in the future, or I will need to contact Groupon and find out where they are.
Meanwhile, Mr. Rebates does not show me any pending rebates and I don't have any pending charges on my Amex from the 6-7 orders I placed through it yesterday. I bought some more Groupons thinking those have been lost, but if they do show up, I'm sure I can put them to some good use.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
Old 02-06-11, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kodave
Still haven't received my Groupons purchased through ShopDiscover and its been almost 48 hours. I'm probably going to send an email soon.

If you already have a Groupon account use touch.groupon.com to order. Groupons come super quickly.
I purchased another via ShopDiscover a couple of hours ago and already have it. I did create a new CC # and a new Groupon account for this one.
Old 02-06-11, 09:42 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Anybody have problems using more than one at a time on bn.com. or will it cause a problem? I wanted to order a 40 dollar item. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-06-11, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I just had part of my order canceled. I ordered Black Swan and The African Queen using two Groupons and they canceled Black Swan. The reason being they weren't able to fulfill the order (it's a pre-order). I also got screwed out of the 20% coupon since it was deducted of the highest priced item (Black Swan). I checked my gift card values and nothing has been put back on the card. Hopefully this all gets sorted out tomorrow.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.