Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-11, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by greylocke5
It looks like all the bookstore and other vendor portals will be discontinued as of that date. (Go back to page 1 of this thread and click on the various links and you will see what I mean.)

No more 10% discount for AAA members. Will something else take its place? Given the financial difficulties B&N is in I rather doubt it.

Adios, B&N.
Damn, that sucks. Borders is also having financial difficulties. I thought they were in worse debt. I guess it's hard to compete with amazon.com...
Old 01-15-11, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by greylocke5
I just noticed that when I linked to B&N via AAA there is a banner headline notice:

"This portal will be discontinued on January 31."

It looks like all the bookstore and other vendor portals will be discontinued as of that date. (Go back to page 1 of this thread and click on the various links and you will see what I mean.)

No more 10% discount for AAA members. Will something else take its place? Given the financial difficulties B&N is in I rather doubt it.

Adios, B&N.
I updated the first page with the information of the shutdown. Can't say I'm surprised since B&N has already closed down most of them late last year. I guess the next target could be to remove the discounts from the cashback web sites.
Old 01-15-11, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Borders has already discontinued their participation in "******" cashback.
Old 01-15-11, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by haroldS
Borders has already discontinued their participation in "******" cashback.
I didnt realize that. They're still on fatwallet though...
Old 01-15-11, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Kinda suck Videodrome price went up Pierrot Le Fou now is $28 not sure naked kiss or shock corridor worth $18 each or not??
Old 01-15-11, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jtnguyen12
Kinda suck Videodrome price went up Pierrot Le Fou now is $28 not sure naked kiss or shock corridor worth $18 each or not??
Are you sure they have it? It looks to me that it's only available through 3rd party sellers, add in shipping. Not sure which discounts can be applied to marketplace buys.
Old 01-15-11, 10:08 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

BN.com had Pierrot. It sold out a few hours ago after the price dropped.
Old 01-16-11, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This may have been addressed, but is there no additional 10% discount or free shipping with a membership? I was thinking of ordering the Calvin and Hobbes complete priced at 75.00 (yes, a BOOK, kinda) and was not getting either of the above. Maybe one last purchase before I cancel my membership.
Old 01-16-11, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
This may have been addressed, but is there no additional 10% discount or free shipping with a membership? I was thinking of ordering the Calvin and Hobbes complete priced at 75.00 (yes, a BOOK, kinda) and was not getting either of the above. Maybe one last purchase before I cancel my membership.

They got rid of the 10% membership discount online in favor of free no minimum express shipping for members. Anyway you should have gotten FS for your book.

You can still get 10% membership discount in store.
Old 01-16-11, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
I saw it at my local store today and it is half price just like the website. There's a 15% off coupon you can use along with the member discount to get an even better deal in the store.
Old 01-18-11, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by jwstl
I saw it (Calvin Hobbes Complete) at my local store today and it is half price just like the website. There's a 15% off coupon you can use along with the member discount to get an even better deal in the store.
Thank you! -- Damn thing is huge.

They took the 25% off coupon and tried (but failed) to use the 5/$50 on the order. They then refunded me 5.00 cash. Total cost'
67.50 (10% off Member)
50.62 (25% off coupon)
54.80 (with tax)
-5.00 cash

Never seen it that low. Thanks jwstl and of course LASERMOVIES for all the coupons (and the great way they are presented).

Off to cancel my temporary BN membership, but am surprised I got so many good deals at BN this year --- Not a Criterionphile, but it was good to get some stuff that never goes on sale at discount prices (i.e. BBC DVDs/BRs). Hopefully they will do something like this next year, but I have a problem paying to get discounted items, so I will not renew my membership.

EDIT: One thing I appreciated about BN was that I received a letter explaining when the free membership would expire and the $25 charged. Thought it was pretty classy of them to do that.

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 01-18-11 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-19-11, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Added a couple of new Visa coupons to the list on the first page. Here are the details for both coupons.

Visa 20% Off 1 Item Offer Coupon Code R7V9J9N:

For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store and once per billing address online at BN.COM. Customer must make full payment with a Visa card for discount to apply. This coupon is valid from January 6, 2011 to February 7, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

The 20% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any other coupon; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.
Doesn't look like the coupon will work at the Visa link when I tested it.
How does one use this coupon at a retail store without a printable coupon?
Old 01-19-11, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tim Tucker
You can't. Either they made a mistake from copying and pasting, or there is a printable coupon that Lasermovies hasn't found yet...
Old 01-19-11, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Tim Tucker
You can't unless you received the store coupon in the mail. From other posts I read about the coupon it appeared it was for customers who had a Capital One Visa card. I assume they probably sent their card users a store coupon along with the online coupon code. Fortunately someone leaked the online code, which works with any Visa card.
Old 01-19-11, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
You can't unless you received the store coupon in the mail. From other posts I read about the coupon it appeared it was for customers who had a Capital One Visa card. I assume they probably sent their card users a store coupon along with the online coupon code. Fortunately someone leaked the online code, which works with any Visa card.
Ahh yes, I always forget that actual mailed coupons still exist. I guess not everything is on the internet... YET!
Old 01-19-11, 10:32 PM

Too bad. A physical coupon would have come in handy during the BTGOF sale.
Old 01-21-11, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone know why prices at BN.com seemed to have jumped in the past few days, pre-orders too. I was looking to do the B2,G1 sale with Robinson Crusoe on Mars, Broadcast News & The Dragon Tattoo Blu-ray Box set, but all the prices jumped. Broadcast News' pre-order shot up from $26.xx to $30.38 or something.
Old 01-21-11, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jrsl76
Anyone know why prices at BN.com seemed to have jumped in the past few days, pre-orders too. I was looking to do the B2,G1 sale with Robinson Crusoe on Mars, Broadcast News & The Dragon Tattoo Blu-ray Box set, but all the prices jumped. Broadcast News' pre-order shot up from $26.xx to $30.38 or something.
There's never a reason. I know the latest increase happened last night or early this morning. I had Robinson Crusoe and a couple of others in my cart last night and 2 out of the 3 were more expensive this morning when I went to buy. I think they've gone up and down a couple of times this week so I'm going to wait longer and see if they drop again.
Old 01-21-11, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jwstl
There's never a reason.
That's not entirely true. The reason why some of these titles went up in price is because their ranks went up. B&N discounts titles ranked 1-50 by 30% and 51-100 by 25% (they usually do 40% and 30%). These titles are no longer ranked as low as they were, so prices went up. We are heading into a weekend, when ranks typically drop (I've been monitoring several titles the last few weekends, and they seem to drop in ranks over the weekend because more people are home to shop online.)

I do agree that they sometimes have random price drops and increases, similar to Amazon.com, but for recently released titles like these it is almost always due to their bestsellers rank.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-21-11 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-21-11, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
That's not entirely true. The reason why some of these titles went up in price is because their ranks went up. B&N discounts titles ranked 1-50 by 30% and 51-100 by 25% (they used to do 40% and 30%). These titles are no longer ranked as low as they were, so prices went up. We are heading into a weekend, when ranks typically drop (I've been monitoring several titles the last few weekends, and they seem to drop in ranks over the weekend because more people are home to shop online.)

I do agree that they sometimes have random price drops and increases, similar to Amazon.com, but for recently released titles like these it is almost always due to their bestsellers rank.
I appreciate that info. I didn't know that.
Old 01-21-11, 06:46 PM

Once the B2G1 sale is over, the DVD discounts will most likely go back to "normal" (the top-selling tier 40% off, etc.) since they were like that before the sale (B&N now usually lowers the discounts during the B2G1 sale months).
Old 01-24-11, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It could be an interesting week if some of these coupons materialize. Later in the week there are supposed to be a 50%, 30%, 20% and 15% online coupons for all customers. Also B&N is going to release a surprise coupon if you still receive email offers since it's only valid for the email address to where it is sent. I can't make any promises I'll find the coupons but I will certainly keep my eyes open for them.

Online Coupon Details:

For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed once per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid from January 27, 2011 to January 31 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

The additional 50% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to NOOKbooks, e-books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at any Barnes & Noble retail bookstore or Barnes & Noble College retail bookstore. Void where prohibited by law.
Surprise Offer Details

Online Coupon Details:

To qualify for offer: (i) you must have received an email communicating the offer directly from Barnes & Noble, and (ii) you must also make your purchase online at BN.COM using the email address to which the offer was sent. Orders made from other email addresses will not qualify for this offer. This coupon can only be redeemed by email recipient and is only valid once per customer, per billing address.

This coupon is valid from January 27, 2011 to January 31, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

This coupon entitles you to one of the following discounts: 15%, 20%, 30% or 50% off the 1 eligible item in your order. The discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts are applied.

To see which discount offer you qualify for, simply add item(s) to your shopping cart and enter your unique coupon code at checkout. No purchase is required. You may choose to abandon your transaction after seeing your discount and before paying.

In Store Coupon Details:

For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble store. Limit one per customer.

This coupon is valid from January 27, 2011 to January 30, 2011 at close of business.

This coupon entitles you to one of the following discounts: 15%, 20%, 30% or 50% off the 1 eligible item in your order. The discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts are applied.

To see which discount offer you qualify for, present this coupon to the Bookseller at checkout. No purchase is required. You may choose not to complete your transaction after seeing your discount and before paying.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, shipping or handling expenses, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, textbooks, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any other coupon or discount promotion; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. BN.COM is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 01-24-11, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

50% off....wow.
Old 01-24-11, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought this link might be of interest if you have a B&N membership and are not receiving email offers. B&N actually sent me a few coupons in my mail today and said to use the link to sign up for online offers because I am currently unsubscribed according to them. I gave it a shot to see what happens since they cut off my emails for no apparent reason.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/memb...ls/379002634/?
Old 01-24-11, 05:58 PM

Thanks, once again, Laser. I just used that link to see if it would kick-start emails coming to me. Since day one of my membership I've never received these email coupons, even though I've had the correct setup in my account section online.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.