Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 09-30-10, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by izatright
Not too clear. It's equally plausible she was just ignorant because CS reps usually are. They either make stuff up or just stumble over their words because they don't know.
If you quoted my whole post I said it was possible the CSR was clueless. However I find it strange when she was looking at my account she was able to know I wasn't getting B&N emails and approximately when they stopped. I didn't give her any information to when they stopped sending the emails. Either it was a damn good guess or she really knew that specific piece of information.
Old 09-30-10, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they were all that efficient with targeting a specific type of customer, such as only the most profitable, then don't you think they could also see that some of us have used the "one-time use $5 off coupon" multiple times. So after the first use, the B&M CSR would get a prompt rejecting a second use for that account and the transaction would be denied even without 10% members discount.

I'm puzzled as to why only some are getting email coupons. The one I got from a month ago gave me an error message when I tried to apply it. Despite my issues with them I had such a long wishlist of Criterions, CDs, etc. that in the first 10 months of this, my initial membership, I had to make close to 80 purchases; all with some type of coupon or additional discount. If the terms of CC sale remain the same, then I'll renew.
Old 09-30-10, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
If they were all that efficient with targeting a specific type of customer, such as only the most profitable, then don't you think they could also see that some of us have used the "one-time use $5 off coupon" multiple times. So after the first use, the B&M CSR would get a prompt rejecting a second use for that account and the transaction would be denied even without 10% members discount.

I'm puzzled as to why only some are getting email coupons. The one I got from a month ago gave me an error message when I tried to apply it. Despite my issues with them I had such a long wishlist of Criterions, CDs, etc. that in the first 10 months of this, my initial membership, I had to make close to 80 purchases; all with some type of coupon or additional discount. If the terms of CC sale remain the same, then I'll renew.
If you had a membership I would believe your transactions and coupon usage could easily be tracked at stores. However so far B&N seems like they often do not care about the store coupons getting used multiple times. Maybe with the slower economy a lot of stores are just happy to have customers coming in to purchase something, but you wonder if eventually that could change. I admit that I've been surprised after 3 Criterion sales there has been virtually little crack down on the $5 coupons, while online coupons were no longer allowed during the last sale. So far the majority of restrictions and crack downs have been with online coupons. But I have noticed though over the last few years B&N has issued fewer store coupons. At one time there was almost always a 15% and 10% printable store coupons available if you needed one. Now they often only issue a few a month.
Old 10-01-10, 01:15 PM

So, anyone got one of those 70% off coupons yet?
Old 10-03-10, 08:37 AM

wow i'd kill for one of those 70% of coupons
Old 10-04-10, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can't ever recall LM's list of active coupon codes being as short as it is now.
Old 10-04-10, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by funkymonkeyjavajunky
So, anyone got one of those 70% off coupons yet?
I'm just curious if anyone got the email with a potential CHANCE at getting 70% off. I haven't received the email on any of my accounts (no surprise)
Old 10-04-10, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

^ Dittos.
Old 10-04-10, 07:44 PM

And no one who reads this forum, which would be regular B & N customers, will get one.
Old 10-05-10, 09:26 AM

Does anyone here know when BN has those 20-30% off on one item coupons? They seem to pop up now and then but is there a specific time they are issued? Also, if I sign up for a BN membership will I get those type of coupons right away?
Old 10-05-10, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nyc111
Does anyone here know when BN has those 20-30% off on one item coupons? They seem to pop up now and then but is there a specific time they are issued? Also, if I sign up for a BN membership will I get those type of coupons right away?
With the exception of membership renewal coupons there is no way to predict when B&N will issue 20% or greater coupons. However it is possible a few may show up within the next few months with the holiday season just around the corner.
Old 10-05-10, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by drh4
Can't ever recall LM's list of active coupon codes being as short as it is now.
Managed to find 5 new coupons to lengthen the list. Found some new online codes and printable store coupons for all customers and members. Should get activated in a few days.
Old 10-05-10, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks, Laser. Good to know there are some coupons coming...
Old 10-06-10, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Thanks, Laser. Good to know there are some coupons coming...
Ditto on the thanks to Laser! You're work on posting these coupons is the only thing that makes my membership worth it. If not for you posting the codes, I doubt I'd ever use B&N at all.
Old 10-06-10, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GaryO
Ditto on the thanks to Laser! You're work on posting these coupons is the only thing that makes my membership worth it.
It's been said many times, but cannot be repeated often enough. Thanks Laser!
Old 10-07-10, 10:44 AM

ok, regarding those randomn generated coupons that are up to 70%...I believe I got those emails (have two accounts). One was 10% and another was 15%. Anyone do better?
Old 10-07-10, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by funkymonkeyjavajunky
ok, regarding those randomn generated coupons that are up to 70%...I believe I got those emails (have two accounts). One was 10% and another was 15%. Anyone do better?
I don't believe B&N ever sent out any of those 70%, or other coupons I ran across last week. Probably the coupons you received are the current member and non-member coupons they just released.
Old 10-07-10, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I don't believe B&N ever sent out any of those 70%, or other coupons I ran across last week. Probably the coupons you received are the current member and non-member coupons they just released.
Old 10-07-10, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^
That's one of the new current member coupons I already have posted on the first page that anyone with a active membership can use.
Old 10-08-10, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Lasermovies, you have this in the section on bookstore links

"The offer is restricted to Books, DVDs, Music, Textbooks, and Giftcards."

So you can buy gift cards at a discount thru the links? If so is AAA included?

Thanks in advance and thanks for all you do with this thread. You have saved me tons of $$$
Old 10-09-10, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BKenn01
Lasermovies, you have this in the section on bookstore links

"The offer is restricted to Books, DVDs, Music, Textbooks, and Giftcards."

So you can buy gift cards at a discount thru the links? If so is AAA included?

Thanks in advance and thanks for all you do with this thread. You have saved me tons of $$$
No you can't buy discounted giftcards through any of the links. I meant to list the store categories available. Sorry for not clarifying it better. I'll update it.
Old 10-09-10, 02:04 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 251 Posts

Bought Battlestar Galactica: Seasons 4.0 & 4.5 bundle ($53.99) using a 10% non-member coupon code (K3V7M4E) and a $25 B&N giftcard I earned from Speedway/SuperAmerica points = $26.75 total. -kd5-
Old 10-11-10, 01:36 PM

I saw this coupon code at the Sony Blu-ray/Rewards web site for B & N: "U3K8Y7L" for a 15% discount and expiring "10/15". I haven't tried it nor can I verify it's accuracy.
Old 10-11-10, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by haroldS
I saw this coupon code at the Sony Blu-ray/Rewards web site for B & N: "U3K8Y7L" for a 15% discount and expiring "10/15". I haven't tried it nor can I verify it's accuracy.
I gave it a test and the code comes up expired.
Old 10-12-10, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is anyone who follows this invaluable thread buying many ebooks?

I'm hearing mixed reports about affiliate kickbacks ala the now defunct bing, mr rebates, etc. with ebooks. You CAN use gift cards with them now, but AFAIK there are almost never any coupons for them. Part of the lack of coupons is due to an agreement that Steve Jobs set up with the big five publishers not to do any discounting (sigh), so that's unlikely to change soon.

Last edited by drh4; 10-12-10 at 10:31 AM. Reason: the 'bates site is censored

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.