Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-08, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump
Old 10-16-08, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Darn! When are we getting another 20% or greater coupon again. Seems like it's been a long time since the last one (the one that's still up - L4C7C9Y). I used that one the day it was activated, so I've been twiddling my thumbs for quite some time.
Old 10-16-08, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GaryO
Darn! When are we getting another 20% or greater coupon again. Seems like it's been a long time since the last one (the one that's still up - L4C7C9Y). I used that one the day it was activated, so I've been twiddling my thumbs for quite some time.
With the exception of renewal coupons I wouldn't expect any new 20% coupons until after the current one expires December 2. B&N seems to issue only one at a time with members 20% codes. However hopefully 25% coupons will start showing up before then, otherwise you are in for a long wait. Last year they started showing up in October. When the 25% coupons are around they are usually more plentiful than the 20% coupons.
Old 10-16-08, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would think that a decent coupon will appear before Black Friday (possibly even good in-store). If they don't, then they are foolish. Unfortunately, my membership expires 10/31, and they have not given me a reason to renew. My first year had bargains galore, but this year has been fairly dry. I did have some decent deals, but nothing worth bragging about.
Old 10-16-08, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I would think that a decent coupon will appear before Black Friday (possibly even good in-store). If they don't, then they are foolish. Unfortunately, my membership expires 10/31, and they have not given me a reason to renew. My first year had bargains galore, but this year has been fairly dry. I did have some decent deals, but nothing worth bragging about.
Mine expires on 10/31, too. I've found no good DVD deals in quite a while, but I've picked up some of the B&N exclusive CDs for fairly cheap. I doubt I will renew, either, unless something comes along to persuade me -- like the 50% off when I first joined.
Old 10-19-08, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bookcase3
Mine expires on 10/31, too. I've found no good DVD deals in quite a while, but I've picked up some of the B&N exclusive CDs for fairly cheap. I doubt I will renew, either, unless something comes along to persuade me -- like the 50% off when I first joined.
ditto.
Old 10-20-08, 02:02 PM

Barnes & Nobles needs to get competitive

As annoying as the Borders.com website is to use they get most of my business now as they just give better deals for what I want to buy--rather than the selected titles that all sites try to drive you to purchase.

1. They don't charge me $25 for membership

2. They give me cash back on purchases

3. They give 40% off coupons on a regular basis

4. They often mis-price items (in my favor) which combined with the 40% off discount really pays off (e.g. I recently purchased a $150 hardcover textbook which they mispriced at $95--after 40% off I got it for $61.70!!!!!)

5. They sometimes give your unbelievable $5 off an order coupons and then let you ship to store: I created 15 new accounts and then ordered a bunch of Columbia Special Products Jazz CDs (Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, etc.) which I got for 99 cents each !!!!!!!!!

In my opinion there is no question Barnes & Nobles gives better customer service, but in terms of better discounts more of the time I think Borders is kicking their ass.

(Hope someone at Barnes & Nobles starts responding with 25% and 30% off coupons soon!)
Old 10-20-08, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Schreker
As annoying as the Borders.com website is to use they get most of my business now as they just give better deals for what I want to buy--rather than the selected titles that all sites try to drive you to purchase.

1. They don't charge me $25 for membership

2. They give me cash back on purchases

3. They give 40% off coupons on a regular basis

4. They often mis-price items (in my favor) which combined with the 40% off discount really pays off (e.g. I recently purchased a $150 hardcover textbook which they mispriced at $95--after 40% off I got it for $61.70!!!!!)

5. They sometimes give your unbelievable $5 off an order coupons and then let you ship to store: I created 15 new accounts and then ordered a bunch of Columbia Special Products Jazz CDs (Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, etc.) which I got for 99 cents each !!!!!!!!!

In my opinion there is no question Barnes & Nobles gives better customer service, but in terms of better discounts more of the time I think Borders is kicking their ass.

(Hope someone at Barnes & Nobles starts responding with 25% and 30% off coupons soon!)

Wrong forum
Old 10-27-08, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

List updated.
Old 10-27-08, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My AAA site (Oregon) features a new Barnes and Nobel link image. It says the discount doubles (current discount is 5%) starting Nov 1st. Looks like another holiday season of 10% off.

-beebs

Last edited by beebs; 10-27-08 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-27-08, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts
Originally Posted by bookcase3
Mine also expires 10/31. Coincidence? I think not...

So, given that a bunch of our memberships will be expiring around the same time, hopefully they'll come up with another deal to lure us all back.

Overall, I've saved a good chunk of money with the membership, but lately, there really haven't been many good deals at all. Certainly not enough to make me want to renew.
Old 10-27-08, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
They had an awesome sale back in April. I remember seeing Jag S1 - S4 for like 40 bucks. Only a few orders for me since then. Six months without a major sale is just pathetic and not worth the membership at all. Their new 40 days at 40% sale is one of the worst I've ever seen
Old 10-27-08, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Should I continue to update the coupon list anymore since a lot of people are letting their memberships expire after Oct 31? If there is no longer any interest I do not see the point of maintaining it and keeping it up to date.
Old 10-27-08, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Should I continue to update the coupon list anymore since a lot of people are letting their memberships expire after Oct 31? If there is no longer any interest I do not see the point of maintaining it and keeping it up to date.
Laser, Please continue to update. I really appreciate the coupons and the time you put into posting them

Thanks
Old 10-27-08, 06:54 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
I like it too and intend to keep my membership. Thank you.
Old 10-27-08, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another vote for keeping up the thread...from someone who DID just renew his membership and has found many DVD bargains for BN.com over the last year.

Just in the last month, I've gotten:

30 Rock: Season Two $21.41
Family Guy: Volume Six $21.41
How I Met Your Mother: Season 3 $21.41
Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume Six $34.79
The Man from U.N.C.L.E: The Complete Series $100.79

All cheaper than any B&M "first-week" sale prices.

All cheaper than any other online merchant.

All with FREE expedient shipping, so I've also saved on gas (and impulse in-store purchases.)

Then again, maybe I'm the only one here who thinks 30-40% off list price + 10% off (membership discount) + 15-20% off (coupon discount) usually qualifies as a DVD bargain?
Old 10-27-08, 07:31 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you don't mind and have the time, I'd also appreciate it if you continue updating the coupons. I'll be letting my membership lapse, but with the other discounts like AAA and the coupons it's still a viable place to shop. With the combined discounts it turns out to be a great place for Lego sets.
Old 10-27-08, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts
Originally Posted by RevKarl
Then again, maybe I'm the only one here who thinks 30-40% off list price + 10% off (membership discount) + 15-20% off (coupon discount) usually qualifies as a DVD bargain?
If that was always the case, I would agree with you. Unfortunately, it is not always the case. I think one of the problems is that Blu-ray releases are pretty much at suggested retail price, so even with 10% off for members, and a 20% off coupon, they just come down to regular price at most other online retailers. So, in that sense, it's not worth the membership fee for me.

It's certainly more appealing for US residents, due to the free shipping offer.

LASERMOVIES, please continue to update, as even without a membership, there are still some deals to be found, and the coupons contribute greatly to the savings. Your efforts ARE appreciated.
Old 10-27-08, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for the feedback everyone! If there is still an interest I'll keep the list going. With all the talk of not renewing memberships I was trying to figure out how much interest remains in the coupons. I'm in the same situation with my membership expiring on Oct 31 and trying to decide if I will renew. I agree the deals have been fewer lately but hopefully that will change soon with the holiday shopping season around the corner.
Old 10-27-08, 08:47 PM

Let me add a "thank you" to Laser for this thread and the updates. I'm using them all the time and plan to continue. Please keep them coming, buddy.
Old 10-27-08, 09:39 PM

Here's another vote to keep it up.

Thanks Laser.
Old 10-27-08, 10:27 PM

I would also appreciate you keeping the updates. Thanks.
Old 10-27-08, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I vote to keep it up, at least for the holiday season. If they truly disappoint us all and do not come out with any good coupons for the holidays, then maybe after Christmas hang up the towel. But I still think they will do something to convince us to renew this holiday season... We all appreciate the great job you've been doing with maintaining this thread. You're saved us all mucho dinero, and gotten us caffeine highs from free lattes...
Old 10-27-08, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

hey laser,

just because i havent used any of the coupons lately, it doesnt mean i havent checked every single update youve made!

please keep up the fantastic work
Old 10-28-08, 03:00 AM
Banned

Thanks for all the past updates, Laser. You've saved all of us here a ton of money...or cost us a bundle, depending upon how you look at it! At any rate, your hard work is much appreciated.

Hope you can find the time to keep adding new coupons to the list. I'm letting 2 memberships expire on Oct. 31 (added last year for the 50% off coupon but have used them several times since), but I am still keeping my original membership (renewable in Jan.) open for the time being. I can always renew the others if they ever decide to do another great coupon or another B1G1 sale, etc. Even the 40% off sale this past summer and the B2G1 sales had some decent deals, and occasionally B&N will have a new release set at a good price with a decent coupon.

Thanks again!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.