Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-10, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

This is a killer. I keep waiting to use the 15% off coupon that expires on April 4th, hoping that one of the TV DVDs that I have in my wishlist will fall a little more in price and it's been stuck for 2 weeks now at the same standard B&N membership price. Usually I see a fluctuation from day to day on the discounted price. Sometimes it will be 19% off. Sometimes 23%. Sometimes 28%. And on rare occasions 38% off. But so far the only three dvds I need that are out right now are not moving in price at all, so I'm not pulling the trigger. Only a few more days to go to use that one, along with a few 10% off coupons. The waiting game is not fun. LOL
Old 03-31-10, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just noticed B&N has a good price on the blu-ray version of Blade Runner. Currently it's $17.99 before any other discounts.

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/...e/85391185741/

Edit to add it is actually part of a 50% off sale online and in stores of DVD and blu-ray titles located at the following link below. You might find a few titles of interest.

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/u/Wa...linkid=1566185

Last edited by Laser Movies; 03-31-10 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-31-10, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GaryO
This is a killer. I keep waiting to use the 15% off coupon that expires on April 4th, hoping that one of the TV DVDs that I have in my wishlist will fall a little more in price and it's been stuck for 2 weeks now at the same standard B&N membership price. Usually I see a fluctuation from day to day on the discounted price. Sometimes it will be 19% off. Sometimes 23%. Sometimes 28%. And on rare occasions 38% off. But so far the only three dvds I need that are out right now are not moving in price at all, so I'm not pulling the trigger. Only a few more days to go to use that one, along with a few 10% off coupons. The waiting game is not fun. LOL
I just discovered that B&N extended the expiration dates of those coupons from April 4 to April 11. However I also ran across four new 15% online codes that are active now and expire after this Sunday I added to the list. Most of the new coupons are for all customers.
Old 03-31-10, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I just discovered that B&N extended the expiration dates of those coupons from April 4 to April 11. However I also ran across four new 15% online codes that are active now and expire after this Sunday I added to the list. Most of the new coupons are for all customers.
Wow! Thanks again, Laser. My membership runs out at the end of April and I'm not looking to renew, so I want to "make hay while it's still daytime" as they say - and these extra coupons will certainly help me to do that.

Gary
Old 04-06-10, 12:34 AM

Is there a way to stack several coupons? Also, how does the military discount work? Do I go to the link first and do my shopping from there, or go to the regular Barnes And Noble website first and do my shopping and then use the military link to check out?
Old 04-06-10, 03:47 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks Laser as always.
Old 04-06-10, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by YouLikeJazz?
Is there a way to stack several coupons? Also, how does the military discount work? Do I go to the link first and do my shopping from there, or go to the regular Barnes And Noble website first and do my shopping and then use the military link to check out?
No you cannot stack multiple coupons. You can use only one coupon per order. The discount will be applied to the highest priced qualifying item in your cart.

To get the military.com 6% discount and free shipping offer the purchase must be made through the link posted on the first page. You can combine B&N coupons with the military.com discounts though. However if you have a B&N membership you cannot combine the 10% members discount with the 6% military discount. Only the members discount would apply to the order along with free shipping at the military link.
Old 04-06-10, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bing cashback dropped again to 8%.
Old 04-07-10, 09:54 PM

Any prospect of a 50%-off Criterion sale?
Old 04-07-10, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^^^^^^^^^^

Old 04-08-10, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Three new upcoming offers for next week I ran across for the library.com bookstore.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=33562

Save 15% off all book, music, and movie orders

*Valid only at www.bn.com/library. Offer not available at www.bn.com or at Barnes & Noble retail stores. Offer cannot be combined with Barnes & Noble Membership.

This offer is valid on April 14, 2010

The 15% discount will be applied to all books music and movies, in the order.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, magazines, and periodicals), digital devices (e.g. eBook readers) and other hardware, software and associated accessories, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the bn.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any other coupon; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble retail stores or Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=33567

Earn a free $10 online GC with a $100 purchase

Valid only at www.bn.com/library. Offer not available at www.bn.com or at Barnes & Noble retail stores. Offer cannot be combined with Barnes & Noble Membership.
This coupon can be redeemed only once per customer per valid email address.
This coupon is valid April 12.

Earn a Free $10.00 Online Gift Certificate with purchase of $100.00.
The value of your qualifying purchase must total at least $100.00 before tax to qualify. The $10.00 Online Gift Certificate will be awarded based on purchase total of $100.00 before the application of any discounts, sales tax, processing charges, shipping and handling charges, or any additional charges; these charges will not count towards the purchase minimum amount of $100.00. The $10.00 Online Gift Certificate will be delivered via email to you 1-2 weeks after the 4/12/10 promotion to the email address associated with your $100.00 purchase.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: These promotions are (i) not redeemable for cash; (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) may not be combined with any other promotion; and (iv) not valid at any Barnes & Noble or Barnes & Noble College bookstore. Void where prohibited by law.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=33563

Save 30% off the list price of most books, music, and movies, in the order

Coupon D7R2L5M Details:

Valid only at www.bn.com/library. Offer not available at www.bn.com or at Barnes & Noble retail stores.
Offer cannot be combined with Barnes & Noble Membership.
This coupon can be redeemed only once per customer at bn.com/library.

This coupon is valid April 16.

This coupon entitles you to the following discount: 30% off the list price of most books music and movies, in the order.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, products available for in store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as "not eligible for Member discounts, coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the bn.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); and (v) not valid at Barnes & Noble retail stores or Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. This coupon may not be combined with any other coupon or the Educator Discount. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 04-09-10, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The 30% off entire order looks good. What $ amount gets free shipping?
Old 04-09-10, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

$25
Old 04-09-10, 12:49 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

The coupon says its 30 percent off list. That isn't good if true as a coupon is usually off the discounted price.
Old 04-09-10, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
The 30% off entire order looks good. What $ amount gets free shipping?
An order qualifies for free shipping if it is $10 or more with a B&N membership, and $25 without a membership.

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high with the 30% coupon yet. I'm leery that it says "30% off the list price" instead of "30% off the price" of an order. I've run across these types of coupons before and it usually doesn't amount to a very large discount. Thought I would post the coupon regardless in case there is an error with the information listed.

Often B&N is not very clear with the wording on coupons or special offer details to be certain what the restrictions actually are going to be. Sometimes the wording is even contradictory in meaning. I thought it is better to post the coupon until it can be verified to what percentage is actually taken off. I would hate to let the coupon slip through the cracks without checking it first when it gets activated.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 04-09-10 at 01:45 AM.
Old 04-09-10, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Three new upcoming offers for next week I ran across for the library.com bookstore.
Re: the $10 GC for $100 purchase -- I don't see any reason that I couldn't get a $100 GC and get the $10 GC free... Thoughts?
Old 04-09-10, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cgray
Re: the $10 GC for $100 purchase -- I don't see any reason that I couldn't get a $100 GC and get the $10 GC free... Thoughts?
That was my first thought when I ran across the GC offer. I didn't notice anything in the fine print that excludes a GC purchase from qualifying.
Old 04-09-10, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by g
The coupon says its 30 percent off list. That isn't good if true as a coupon is usually off the discounted price.
Ya, it's kinda worthless. I'm more excited about 15% off of the entire order. The question is, what about the 10% discount which is standard for the library link? Will this be 15% off in addition to that, or instead of? If it is instead of, this deal isn't that great, especially for members. But if it is in addition to, it rocks!
Old 04-09-10, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There will actually be 6 deals on the library link next week. Laser found Mon, Wed, and Friday's deals. I wonder what the free book, free gift, and book promotion will be...

Monday, 4/12: Gift Card Offer

Tues, 4/13: Free Book

Wed, 4/14: Savings Offer

Thurs, 4/15: Book Promotion

Fri, 4/16: Savings Offer

Sat, 4/17: Free Gift
Old 04-09-10, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cgray
If you want to give them $100 cash for $110 in store credit I don't think they'll argue.
Old 04-09-10, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Ya, it's kinda worthless. I'm more excited about 15% off of the entire order. The question is, what about the 10% discount which is standard for the library link? Will this be 15% off in addition to that, or instead of? If it is instead of, this deal isn't that great, especially for members. But if it is in addition to, it rocks!
It looks essentially like the same offer they had not too long ago at the military.com store. It will increase the normal 10% discount to 15% for the day at the library store. It won't allow you to stack a members discount on top of it. If you have a membership you'll get the 15% discount over your usual 10% members discount for the day. I would assume you can also combine the 15% discount with coupons even though the fine print mentions it cannot be combined with other coupons. I remember it said the same thing for the military.com promotion but you could use coupons with it.

There will actually be 6 deals on the library link next week. Laser found Mon, Wed, and Friday's deals. I wonder what the free book, free gift, and book promotion will be...

Monday, 4/12: Gift Card Offer

Tues, 4/13: Free Book

Wed, 4/14: Savings Offer

Thurs, 4/15: Book Promotion

Fri, 4/16: Savings Offer

Sat, 4/17: Free Gift
I saw the other offers but didn't believe there would be much interest in them, so I avoided posting them. Since you asked here is more information that I saw.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=33564

Free copy of Essays and Poems by Ralph Waldo Emerson (B&N Classics) at no extra charge with a $50 order.

*This offer is valid on April 13, 2010, while supplies last. This offer may only be redeemed once per customer. This offer is only valid for orders placed at www.bn.com/library. If you place an order of $50.00 or more on 4/13/10, you will be eligible to receive a copy of Essays and Poems by Ralph Waldo Emerson (B&N Classics) at no extra charge. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. This offer may not be combined with any coupon or other discount promotion unless otherwise specified. This offer is not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and Online Gift Certificates) and is not valid on past purchases or purchases of any products provided via third parties accessible from the bn.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.). Returns or cancellations which affect the minimum number of items purchased may result in forfeiture of discounts applied at the time an order is placed and you will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit card or debit your Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments and will notify you via e-mail of such charge or debit. Offer not available in Barnes & Noble stores. Void where prohibited by law.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=33566

Purchase two of the qualifying Poetry for Young People Series (Sterling Publishing), and get the least expensive book at half price

*When you purchase two (2) of the qualifying Poetry for Young People Series (Sterling Publishing), you will get the least expensive book at half price. Your discount for the least expensive book will appear at Checkout. This offer may not be combined with any other coupon or any discount promotion. This offer is only available when a qualifying purchase is made through bn.com/library. Barnes & Noble Member program discounts will apply. Shipping charges may apply.

This offer is not redeemable for cash, cash equivalents, Gift Cards or online Gift Certificates and is not valid on past purchases or purchases made from third parties accessible from the bn.com web site (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.). This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor orders with valid methods of payment placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer may not be the same as a similar promotion available in Barnes & Noble stores. See stores for details of that promotion.

Returns or cancellations which affect the minimum number of items purchased may result in forfeiture of discounts applied at the time an order is placed and you will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit, debit or Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments and will notify you via e-mail of such charge or debit. This offer is not valid at any Barnes & Noble College retail bookstore. Void where prohibited by law.

This offer is only valid on 4/15/2010.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=33565

First 30 purchases will receive a free journal

*The first 30 purchases made on 4/17/10 will qualify to receive a free journal! The journal will be mailed 1-2 weeks after the order has been shipped. This offer is only available when a qualifying purchase is made through bn.com/library and a valid library email address is used to place the order. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. This offer may not be combined with any coupon or other discount promotion unless otherwise specified. This offer is not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and Online Gift Certificates) and is not valid on past purchases or purchases of any products provided via third parties accessible from the bn.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.). Returns or cancellations which affect the minimum number of items purchased may result in forfeiture of discounts applied at the time an order is placed and you will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit card or debit your Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments and will notify you via e-mail of such charge or debit. Offer not available in Barnes & Noble stores. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 04-12-10, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw the other offers but didn't believe there would be much interest in them, so I avoided posting them. Since you asked here is more information that I saw.
After reading the info, I agree, there won't be much interest in those offers. First 30 orders for the free journal? Gimme a break! I would think that B&N could afford to give away more than 30... Not that I have any interest in it, anyway, but I think "first 30" is a joke...
Old 04-12-10, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, pre-orders aren't valid with ANY of the current or future coupons. Usually there is a 10% coupon that works with pre-orders, but there is nothing currently. Huge bummer, cuz there is a $270 book I'm thinking about getting...
Old 04-12-10, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

After reading the info, I agree, there won't be much interest in those offers. First 30 orders for the free journal? Gimme a break! I would think that B&N could afford to give away more than 30... Not that I have any interest in it, anyway, but I think "first 30" is a joke...
I agree 30 journals is not much of a promotion. However I assume they are offering fewer since there is probably a lot less web traffic compared to the regular B&N web site.

Even if it said it was for every order I don't think I would go out of my way to place an order for a journal. I have zero use for one.

Wow, pre-orders aren't valid with ANY of the current or future coupons. Usually there is a 10% coupon that works with pre-orders, but there is nothing currently. Huge bummer, cuz there is a $270 book I'm thinking about getting...
Almost all the current and future coupons say not valid with pre-orders in the fine print. The only coupon I saw that may work with pre-orders is the 30% off list library bookstore coupon.
Old 04-19-10, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I found out B&N is changing the free shipping benefit for members. Starting April 30 members will get no minimum free express shipping on all orders.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=33689

We're thrilled to have you on board for another year of Membership, and your timing couldn't be better. In our continuing effort to improve your experience and give you the extra value you deserve, we are introducing some exciting changes to the Member program.

Starting April 30, you'll receive unlimited FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING on bn.com with no minimum purchase required. Plus, we've lowered prices on bn.com to provide all customers the best possible value, all the time.

In stores, you'll continue to receive your great Member benefits on all the products you love.

Enjoy your new year of Membership and happy shopping!

Sincerely,

Barnes & Noble Member Services
Edit to add the following information B&N released today on the free shipping update for members.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...p?promoid=7604

Members Get Unlimited Free Express Shipping

PLEASE NOTE: You must have a valid and current Membership in order to qualify for Free Express Shipping.

How to get Free Express Shipping:

1. Buy at least one eligible item.
2. Proceed to Checkout; "Free Express Shipping" and "Send in as few packages as possible" will be pre-selected.
3. Enter your Barnes & Noble Member number on the Payment screen if you haven't already done so.

Free Express Shipping applies to orders made at www.bn.com and on Ship-to-Home orders placed at Barnes & Noble retail stores, shipped within the U.S. only, excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and U.S. Protectorates. The following items are not eligible for Free Express Shipping: items purchased from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.) Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, Magazines, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, magazines, and periodicals), SparkNotes and Quamut PDF files, Audiobook MP3s, Barnes & Noble Memberships, unusually sized or overweight items, or any item not identified as eligible for free shipping. Orders shipped to P.O. Boxes and APOs are not eligible for 3-Day shipping but will ship free.

PLEASE NOTE: In estimating when your order will arrive, please add 3 business days to the availability message displayed for every item. For example, when an item is marked "Usually ships within 24 hours," your order will arrive in 4 business days or less. Orders containing pre-ordered items, or any product not currently available, will not ship until ALL items are in stock. Orders containing items marked "Usually ships in 1-2 weeks" are not eligible.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 04-19-10 at 01:23 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.