DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-20-17, 06:30 AM   -   Wikipost
DVD Talk Forum Thread Wiki: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp ?? (III)

20% Off Single Item Online
D4M8K3B
-- Unknown Expiration. Could be 11/24 or it could be Dec 31 exp

DAYMAKER 20% off $50 or more
Expires November 22, 2017 at 11:59pm Eastern Time.

Some possible upcoming codes
TAKEFIVE

"New Member" Welcome Coupons
Welcome coupons may be dead -- or at least the type that have been available for nearly a decade. The latest set now have what appears to be single use codes so these probably no longer will be generic/multiple use style.

Print Wikipost

Old 06-06-17, 02:18 PM   #12651
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joltman View Post
Someone on Blu-ray.com pointed out that the 40% sale has already started, and more importantly I noticed that THANKSDAD is working with it! I went ahead and placed an order for some Shout and Arrow titles, figured I'd do it quick in case they end up make the coupon stop working with the sale.
The 40% off sale has started? Is this reflected in the online prices because I'm not seeing a 40% discount...
Old 06-06-17, 03:15 PM   #12652
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just got back from teh store and there isn't anything going on in store except the usual select items groups. I had them scan a couple items that should have been eligible and they came up full price.

The online 40% does seem to be in effect though. I still guessing the store sale is next week. I'm less sure if the online part will continue through FD or if they are splitting the sales.
Old 06-06-17, 03:26 PM   #12653
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
The online 40% does seem to be in effect though. I'm still guessing the store sale is next week. I'm less sure if the online part will continue through FD or if they are splitting the sales.
This may actually be better, as I believe this weekend is out-of-cycle for coupons.
Old 06-06-17, 03:36 PM   #12654

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k View Post
This may actually be better, as I believe this weekend is out-of-cycle for coupons.
Normally unless they run an extra set -- certainly on teh 14/15th I'd expect a new set for Father's Day weekend.

There are 2 or possibly 3 15% off single item in-store only coupons that don't have normal printable links (the two old 12/31 coupons and a version of a Customer Service coupon that expires 6/30). I'm a little hesitant to make put a form of these in the WIKI since BN has been killing printable at an increasing rate for a year or so.

Doing the Be In the Know signup still seem to yield a 15% coupon with approx 30 days expiration so Google dot blind method can let you accumulate some codes.
Old 06-06-17, 04:45 PM   #12655
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just did a SO ship to store. Planning on purchasing with the next 20% member's + my 10%.
Old 06-07-17, 01:22 PM   #12656

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
may be one time use

Last edited by hariseldon; 06-07-17 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-10-17, 12:12 AM   #12657

Clerk at the store confirmed that %40 in-store starts 6/13.
Old 06-10-17, 12:24 AM   #12658

At some point I'll add some printable links to the old long term codes and maybe a 3rd code. I won't leave these up past the sale due to some of the web monitoring I think they're doing ASSUMING the sale items aren't blocked and probably will put them back up if they still work for the Criterion sale.

Otherwise I think there should be 1 or 2 codes next week (probably Thursday) for usual Fathers Day sales
Old 06-10-17, 08:27 AM   #12659
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got my order yesterday, I ordered Donnie Darko, Bubba Ho-Tep, Slumber Party Massacre 2/3 and Return of the Living Dead. Problem is the box didn't have RotLD in it even though it was supposed to have the entire order. I emailed them about it, I hope it won't be much of a hassle getting this straightened out.
Old 06-11-17, 08:47 PM   #12660
Cool New Member

Hello fellow Barnes and Noble shoppers!

Does anybody know when the 40% classical CD sale is? I think it was around this time last year.

Can anybody also tell me when the 40% DVD and Blu-ray sale starts in the stores? I see that it has already started online.

I am holding off from buying anything online because I live in Massachusetts and I have to pay 6.25% tax. The closest Barnes and Noble to me is the Nashua store in New Hampshire. And there is no sales tax in New Hampshire! I will be stocking up on DVDs and blu-rays so I want to save on sales tax too. :-)

Thank you!

Last edited by chopin100; 06-11-17 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-11-17, 08:49 PM   #12661
Cool New Member

I forgot to ask if there are any discount coupons.

Thank you again.
Old 06-12-17, 02:40 AM   #12662

BESTDAD 10% off Whole order
valid at BN.com from June 12, 2017 at 12:01am to June 14, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time
Old 06-13-17, 01:38 AM   #12663

Just posted 3 15% off Store Only single item coupons in the WIKI which should be good through the end of the June at least -- the online mention in teh coupon text is not accurate.

The first two are printable version of the previous long term 15% codes and have to date been multiple use per customer (once per transaction) and as always with generic coupons it is clerk dependent whether they'll let you re-use a coupon with same code again.

The 3rd code is a Customer Service code and may be multiuse as well, but it's unclear if it is a member only or universal customer code.

Please reports successes and failures on general items and specifically any 40% Off Items
Old 06-14-17, 05:20 PM   #12664

Note the new Member Welcome package of coupons are up
Note some new variations for the first update in 6-7 years.

Looking for reports on
Multi-use on the same member account esp for the store codes?
Combination use of the 5/50 with other item off coupons like the previous version did?
Will they still work with Ship to Home orders?

The Vinyl code doesn't appear to work with CD any longer online, ?? store use
The new DVD/Bluray code -- online version doesn't seem to be working on anything I could try. Does the store coupon work at all first then if so, which price range, ?? sale items, Criterions, anything specific it doesn't work on.
Old 06-15-17, 02:09 AM   #12665

New Father's Day Store Only coupon

15% Off Single Item Store Only Coupon expires end of day June 18, 2017

Members should be getting a 20% One time use code soon.
Old 06-15-17, 08:23 PM   #12666

New Welcome coupons first experience has been mostly positive

The $5 off $10 single item coupon has been surprisingly easy to use in store to date -- store items and ship to home. At some point I may chat with them about the online code not working, but let sleeping dogs for now

The 5 off 50 Transaction appears to be working just like the prior version

Both have shown to be multiple use still.
Old 06-18-17, 10:48 PM   #12667
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
The $5 off $10 single item coupon has been surprisingly easy to use in store to date -- store items and ship to home. At some point I may chat with them about the online code not working, but let sleeping dogs for now.
I love me that $5 off $10. Did one more title today as a ship to home, no problems with that code. Makes sense with some percent off, but not at MSRP. Hopefully, it will expand to online use soon.
Old 06-18-17, 11:01 PM   #12668

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k View Post
I love me that $5 off $10. Did one more title today as a ship to home, no problems with that code. Makes sense with some percent off, but not at MSRP. Hopefully, it will expand to online use soon.
I sent them an email about the online code being dead so hopefully in a couple days maybe they'll respond (fix or replace)
Old 06-19-17, 12:30 AM   #12669

$5 Off $40-$74.99 or $10 Off $75 or More
HAPPYSUMMER
Expires June 23, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time.
Old 06-22-17, 08:21 PM   #12670

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

Last edited by hariseldon; 06-22-17 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-26-17, 01:19 AM   #12671

Amazon has "They Live By Night" bluray on sale for $15.87 for the next 18 hours.
Old 06-26-17, 08:48 AM   #12672

..you have to be an amazon prime member to get it at that price..
Old 06-26-17, 11:18 AM   #12673

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMERICAN View Post
..you have to be an amazon prime member to get it at that price..
Or you can order from Walmart with instore pickup for the same price. Pretty much where all the current oddball Amazon deals right now are coming from
Old 06-27-17, 09:52 PM   #12674
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got a new set of snail mail coupons today. 2 20% off coupons, 1 Coupon for Teen Novels, one for Mysteries. No mention of Criterions Being excluded and good through July 30.
Old 06-27-17, 10:13 PM   #12675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight View Post
Got a new set of snail mail coupons today. 2 20% off coupons, 1 Coupon for Teen Novels, one for Mysteries. No mention of Criterions Being excluded and good through July 30.
None of the mailer coupon ever had the fine print that blocked the Criterions or the 40% sale directly. Those exclusions were included through the weblink on the coupon once they add those (or not)

EDIT:
Checked the codes again -- it now appears the online $5 off $10 online code is functioning. 1st applications appear that it's open and re-useable and possibly even non-member accts. The other online codes may also be working similarly. Options are always nice to have

I don't know if my original email/chat accomplished anything or their IT were working on it anyway, but for now it appears the whole pack it now functioning.

A couple different people have now reported the July Mailer coupons are coming out with the usual two 20% off single item -- exp 7/30.

Last edited by hariseldon; 06-28-17 at 02:21 AM.