Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 10-01-14, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by DoverMath
Any word on coupons for this coming weekend (Oct 2-5)? They skipped an extra weekend in September, so if they go every other weekend, they'll have coupons on Black Friday weekend. Unless I calculated wrong.
Sorry for the late reply. Doesn't look very promising for this weekend. However maybe we will get something next week. There might be some one day coupons on Monday. Also I found a 20% generic coupon for all customers next weekend.
Old 10-01-14, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here are the details for one of the Monday coupons I ran across. There is supposed to be both a 15% and 20% version that are valid online. Not sure if one of them will be a member coupon since it didn't specify a membership requirement in the fine print. It's possible one of the codes could be something like BNOCT6 but don't hold me to it because I'm only guessing. Hopefully this is a coupon promotion for all customers that will be sent out by email early Monday morning.

Coupon BNOCT6 can be redeemed online at BN.com and is valid only once per customer, per billing address.

This coupon is valid from October 6, at 12:01am to October 7, 2014 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

This coupon entitles you to 20% off one (1) eligible item in your order, while supplies last. The discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books(TM), NOOK Magazines(TM), and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK(R) devices, NOOK Accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, all LEGO(R) items in the Toys & Games Department and select LeapFrog products (visit www.bn.com/couponexclusions for more details), in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble retail bookstores or at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 10-06-14 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-06-14, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could make use of 1 non-member online coupon, if anyone does get these and might be able to spare one?
Old 10-06-14, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like code BNOCT6 is valid for 20% off. See details above.
Old 10-06-14, 12:38 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I take it that the code doesn't work on books then? Or maybe I need to wait till the item isn't preorder then it should work correct?
Old 10-06-14, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by neoz
So I take it that the code doesn't work on books then? Or maybe I need to wait till the item isn't preorder then it should work correct?
It should work on books as long as they are not pre-orders or text books. However you can't wait too long because the coupon is valid only through today.
Old 10-06-14, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great, thanks!
Old 10-06-14, 08:05 PM
Cool New Member

Anyone know what time they switch the preorders to buy?
Old 10-06-14, 08:44 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Hard to know 100%, but usually it's sometime 12:30- 1:30am Eastern when new week sales show up, but sometimes the preorders don't change until tomorrow morning.
Well...dang it then haha.
Oh well, I guess I need to suck it up and buy it at the price that is posted then.
I'm surprised this coupon has been posted at tos (the other site). Kind of late now though.
Old 10-06-14, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by neoz
Well...dang it then haha.
Oh well, I guess I need to suck it up and buy it at the price that is posted then.
I'm surprised this coupon has been posted at tos (the other site). Kind of late now though.
There is another 20% coupon coming in a few days if you want to wait a little longer. However it wouldn't hurt to wait a few hours to see if the pre-order status drops off before the current coupon expires.
Old 10-07-14, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I used the coupon at 2:58 EST for what had been a pre-order book (released today) and it worked fine, took $4.05 off.

I hadn't meant to cut things quite that close, but was a bit discombobulated when twice I tried to add a 2nd item from my wish list, and instead it placed a different item from my wish list in the cart. First time I thought it might have been me, but by the 2nd time it was clearly a system error of some kind. I've never seen that before, but then clicked on the item first, added it to my bag, and all was fine from there.

Thanks again for the heads-up on this, 20% is always great for this non-member.
Old 10-07-14, 05:44 AM

Thanks for the 20% off code! I put it to good use. First one I've had since late June, since I missed last week's code.

Speaking of preorders, will there be any 15% off coupons, or has B&N moved away from them? I had several items switch from preorder to being orderable since the last 15% off coupons. If there's a 20% off coupon this weekend, will it replace the 15% off coupons?
Old 10-07-14, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DoverMath
Thanks for the 20% off code! I put it to good use. First one I've had since late June, since I missed last week's code.

Speaking of preorders, will there be any 15% off coupons, or has B&N moved away from them? I had several items switch from preorder to being orderable since the last 15% off coupons. If there's a 20% off coupon this weekend, will it replace the 15% off coupons?
Well looks like the next 20% coupon is also generic for all customers. Doesn't appear if there will be a member coupon this week. I don't think B&N has decided to permanently move away from 15% coupons for non-members. We are also getting near the holiday season when B&N tends to raise the coupons to a higher level for customers. Usually they start to offer those around November and December before going back to the normal coupons. However it does seem they have changed the usual coupon pattern of member and non-member coupon of every other week.
Old 10-07-14, 11:23 AM
BJ

Laser, do you know whether it will be in-store this time? It's great if they've done away with the 15% ones but it would be even nicer if they raised it to 25% for members
Old 10-07-14, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BJ
Laser, do you know whether it will be in-store this time? It's great if they've done away with the 15% ones but it would be even nicer if they raised it to 25% for members
The next coupon is valid either online or at stores. It's some sort of Friends and Family promotion. Not sure what the promotion is about or really care, but the coupon appears if it's for general use and can be used on various eligible media like books, music, and movies.
Old 10-07-14, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

LASER, let us know when the 20% off coupon officially happens as I need one myself to get something in-store for a friend of mine. Thank you.
Old 10-07-14, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by rmw650
LASER, let us know when the 20% off coupon officially happens as I need one myself to get something in-store for a friend of mine. Thank you.
This one is generic and one coupon should work for everyone.

Valid from October 9 - October 14
Old 10-08-14, 06:22 AM

I can't remember: Is Friends and Family 20% off one item, or the entire order?
Old 10-08-14, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
This one is generic and one coupon should work for everyone.

Valid from October 9 - October 14
Is this another coupon that is emailed? or is it online somewhere? I NEVER get the emailed coupons and only occasionally get the snail mail ones.
Old 10-08-14, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Single item.

I suspect it will be emailed, but since it's generic it should be posted in Post 1 once it;s officially active.
Thanks!!!!
Old 10-08-14, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I added the new coupon to the first page.
Old 10-08-14, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
I added the new coupon to the first page.
Thank you again LASER. Just printed one out for myself.
Old 10-14-14, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Latest coupon update. It has been awhile but looks like we might be back to the usual 15% and 20% coupons next week. Also maybe another one day 20% online coupon next Monday. If you have a membership might want to watch your mail for some 20% coupons that are valid online or at stores. I did see evidence for member coupons that expire November 17th, so if they are getting mailed I would expect they would start showing up very soon.

Here are the details for the member coupon next week.
20% Off One Item Coupon Details:

For each valid and current Barnes & Noble Member account, this coupon can be redeemed only once at any Barnes & Noble retail store or only once per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from October 23, 2014 at 12:01am to October 27, 2014 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from October 23, 2014 to October 26, 2014 at close of business.

This coupon entitles you to 20% off one (1) eligible item in your order, while supplies last. The discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books(TM), NOOK Magazines(TM), NOOK Newspapers, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK(R) devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, all LEGO(R) items in the Toys & Games Department and select LeapFrog products (visit www.bn.com/couponexclusions for more details), in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or some promotional discounts when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 10-14-14, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks Laser!
Old 10-14-14, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Just got a new 15% one in my email.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.