Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 11-22-13, 08:55 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

^ books? what are those?
Old 11-22-13, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
There is some fantastic coupon news for the next few weeks. If you're excited over the 30% Mastercard coupon there are a lot more coming over the next several weeks including a 40% off Black Friday coupon running from November 28 through December 1. Actually there is a 30% and 40% coming. Have a feeling the 40% could be a member coupon. Oh yeah and they are generic.
Hi all - I'm new here and just joined the forum after discovering this thread - with the holiday coming up I'm thinking I might have some questions coming up about the Barnes and Noble coupons.

I wanted to make a friendly comment on the highlighted part above. I'm not sure if it's been discussed a lot yet but after reading the Bookseller Instructions for the 40% off coupon, I have a feeling it will be for everybody, not just members. I'm posting the Bookseller Instructions below again, with the relevent parts highlighted:

Coupon Details:

Bookseller Instructions:
Scan all items, then scan coupon barcode or enter coupon code. Alternatively, scan all items and highlight the item to be discounted. Select Item Coupon and use MBR Item % Off for Members; Item % Off for non-Members, then enter 40. Scan coupon barcode or enter coupon code. Collect coupon with purchase as coupon may only be redeemed once per customer.

Terms & Conditions:
For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store and once per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from November 28, 2013 at 12:01am to December 2, 2013 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from November 28, 2013 to December 1, 2013 at close of business.

The 40% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books(TM), NOOK Magazines(TM), NOOK Newspapers, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK (R) devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Void where prohibited by law.
Correct me if I'm wrong please, but from the sound of it, since it mentions non-members, and uses the term "if applicable" regarding member discount, I think this 40% coupon will be available for everyone.
Old 11-23-13, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Space Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong please, but from the sound of it, since it mentions non-members, and uses the term "if applicable" regarding member discount, I think this 40% coupon will be available for everyone.
I wouldn't count on it. The first part in bold is very similar to some recent 20% member and 15% non-member coupons with the ambiguous wording. The last part in bold regarding applicable member discount is usually found on member and non-member coupons. Because there is also a 30% companion coupon to go along with the 40% version they are most likely a member/non-member tandem like we are generally accustomed to seeing from B&N. Usually member coupons are the higher percent off. The fine print on some of these coupons can give you a headache trying to make sense of them.

From a recently expired member coupon
Bookseller Instructions: Scan all items, then scan coupon barcode or enter coupon code. Alternatively, scan all items and highlight the item to be discounted. Select Item Coupon and use MBR Item % Off for Members; Item % Off for non-Members, then enter 20. Scan coupon barcode or enter coupon code. Collect coupon with purchase as coupon may only be redeemed once per customer.

Terms & Conditions: For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store and once per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from November 14, 2013 at 12:01am to November 18, 2013 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from November 14, 2013 to November 17, 2013 at close of business.

The 20% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.
Old 11-23-13, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thought I would ask this question to other forum members since this thread really belongs to everyone. I was asked by a mod if I would like to have this thread become a sticky. Yes or no?
Old 11-23-13, 01:02 AM

Thought I would ask this question to other forum members since this thread really belongs to everyone. I was asked by a mod if I would like to have this thread become a sticky. Yes or no?
Definitely.
Old 11-23-13, 01:14 AM

I didn't realize their coupon wording was so tricky. I guess then we'll just have to wait and hope.

I have a question about the 50% British tv sale coming up - none of my local stores carry movies, and I understand that there can be some titles restricted from the sale online if I understand correctly. I'm interested in picking up a few Doctor Who individual DVDs (a newly-released fourth Doctor title and a couple older titles). Is it possible for me to go into my local store now and ask them to order the titles I'm interested in and have them shipped to the store as regular merchandise, and hold them for me, so I can come into the store when the 50% off sale starts to pay for them? Does that make any sense? I've had them order books previously like that, like once they didn't have a book in stock but they put in an order while I was standing there and said they would call me when it comes in, and I could pay for it when I come back. Would they do that for the Doctor Who DVDs and time it so they would be waiting for me when the sale starts?
Old 11-23-13, 04:19 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes. It generally stays near the top, but why not?
Old 11-23-13, 06:01 AM
Cool New Member

I say yes.
Old 11-23-13, 06:46 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 684 Likes on 459 Posts

I know I'm in the minority, but I sincerely believe that the stickied threads often get ignored for the threads that move around the thread list. It doesn't matter to me since I subscribe to the good threads and get emails, but just my two cents.
Old 11-23-13, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
I know I'm in the minority, but I sincerely believe that the stickied threads often get ignored for the threads that move around the thread list. It doesn't matter to me since I subscribe to the good threads and get emails, but just my two cents.
I don't subscribe to any threads but I do tend to ignore stickied threads so I agree with this. I also think that while it may have mattered in 2005, it no longer matters in 2013 as there is so little action that the B&N thread is pretty much always close to or at the top of the first page anyway.
Old 11-23-13, 10:21 AM

I've always had the thread bookmarked. The invitation to be "stickied" is undoubtedly an honor, but I tend to agree that stickied threads are often overlooked.
Old 11-23-13, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I usually ignore stickied threads too. This thread could move on to Part 3. Part 1 was "closed for length" after only 1300 posts!
Old 11-23-13, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 171 Likes on 138 Posts

Have some unique coupons to give away. PM away.
Old 11-23-13, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have a unique 30% (MC) code if anyone needs it. PM, please. We are not animali.

Edit: Claimed

Last edited by BuckNaked2k; 11-23-13 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-23-13, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here are a few 20% + 10% Mastercard codes that are still coming up valid online after using them at a store. Might be able to get another use out of them before they show up redeemed.

Looks like they are now all redeemed.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 11-23-13 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-23-13, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It would appear that everyone is waiting for the big 40% off coupon.
Old 11-23-13, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If anyone has any additional 20+10 coupons or generic 30 coupons, I would appreciate it. BN has a sale on something else I'm interested in and could definitely use them.
Old 11-23-13, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
No, just using the HELL out of the generic 30% off.

Originally Posted by My Other Self
If anyone has any additional 20+10 coupons or generic 30 coupons, I would appreciate it. BN has a sale on something else I'm interested in and could definitely use them.
The generic coupon can be printed as many times as you like. Just see the link in the OP.

Last edited by BuckNaked2k; 11-23-13 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-23-13, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
The generic coupon can be printed as many times as you like. Just see the link in the OP.
Sorry, failed to mention it's an online only promotion... so I'm looking specifically for the online code portion.
Old 11-23-13, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^ PM sent.
Old 11-23-13, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Now, now -- he never said he was going to read them. I'm sure he has a couple 80yo grannies who still use a rotary phone too.
I usually don't. I just look at the pretty pictures. I mainly get Star Wars related books, like the recent Art Concept book. I can't remember the last time I actually read a novel. 15 years at least...
Old 11-23-13, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I just used the 30% off coupon about 20 times. I don't think I can bring myself to re-buy everything at 40% off, and return them. But I am gonna stop buying more. I'll wait now for the 40. I'll start making a new purchase list!
Old 11-24-13, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 171 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by My Other Self
check your pm, i sent you some coupons

i'm pretty sure that i have a few more coupons to give away.
Old 11-24-13, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Does anyone else get stuck at the bottom of the page? Currently says last page is 343, but when you click I get sent back to the top of 342. This seems to happen commonly when the last post happens to be the last post of any given page. It's driving me crazy thinking I'm missing a post.
Yes, it's quite annoying.
Old 11-24-13, 06:36 PM
Cool New Member

If anyone still has some unused coupons I could use them.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.