Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 12-22-12, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by getjazzedman
Can someone verify that the Harry Potter Wizard Blu Ray set is 40% off in stores? It's 10% off online...
Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
All blu-ray titles at the stores are supposed to be 40% off. I picked up a few today that were not discounted online, but they were 40% off at the register before any other discounts were applied.
Yep. I can't say from experience with this title specifically, but I'm pretty sure all BD's will ring up at 40% off.

I did go in and buy the HP UCE 7 set today, which was marked 14% off online, but in store it rang up 40% off before all other discounts.

BTW, getjazzedman, I used the coupon that you gave me on this set and it came out to $24.56 pre-tax in the end.

Thanks so much again!
Old 12-22-12, 01:09 AM

Can someone verify that the Harry Potter Wizard Blu Ray set is 40% off in stores? It's 10% off online...
First of all, it would have to be in stock at your store. None of the Chicago area stores even have it. You could try ordering it in-store and apply the coupon, but that did not work for me. Also, of course you don't get your member discount that way.

I read in another thread that Costco has it right now for $249.99, down from $299.99. Obviously not as good a deal as you could get at a Barnes b&m that has it in stock.
Old 12-22-12, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by nealg
First of all, it would have to be in stock at your store. None of the Chicago area stores even have it. You could try ordering it in-store and apply the coupon, but that did not work for me. Also, of course you don't get your member discount that way.

I read in another thread that Costco has it right now for $249.99, down from $299.99. Obviously not as good a deal as you could get at a Barnes b&m that has it in stock.
If you order it in store for ship-to-home you won't get the extra 10% member discount and I don't think you can apply the coupons either.

However, if they order it for you into the store (ship to store) then you just pay in store when you pick it up and so you should be able to get the 10% member discount as well as use a coupon.

I did this during this sale. The only thing is that it is probably too late to order something into the store in time for this sale. When my store orders things into the store for me that they don't have stock of, it usually takes 2-3 days to come it. If they ordered something tomorrow, it probably won't come by Monday, which is when this sale ends and the coupons expire.
Old 12-22-12, 02:25 AM

I asked about ordering two $100+ titles into the store a couple weeks ago, planning to pick them up during the sale. Both were pre-pay only. So much for paying in store when picking up. And I didn't feel like paying $260 for the Dick Van Dyke Show on blu, then trying to return it at the store and asking if I could repurchase at the sale price, minus my member discount and any coupons.

I'd be very surprised if the Harry Potter Wizard's Collection is NOT a pre-pay order.

Last edited by nealg; 12-22-12 at 02:37 AM.
Old 12-22-12, 02:53 AM

I asked about ordering two $100+ titles into the store a couple weeks ago, planning to pick them up during the sale. Both were pre-pay only. So much for paying in store when picking up. And I didn't feel like paying $260 for the Dick Van Dyke Show on blu, then trying to return it at the store and asking if I could repurchase at the sale price, minus my member discount and any coupons.

I'd be very surprised if the Harry Potter Wizard's Collection is NOT a pre-pay order.
Hmm, maybe titles above a certain price are pre-pay only. Someone was having similar issues yesterday on a different forum with the Hitchcock set, which is also >$100 ($300 list).

All the titles I've had shipped to store were
Old 12-22-12, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if someone is going to post the coupon number on the forum there is not much you can do about keeping it secret. I would bet a few stores will accept them anyway even if it has been redeemed by someone else. Maybe 5 out of 10 will be disappointed. The store I visited today seemed like they would have taken about any coupon I had.
This has been my experience as well. One night last week I used a one-time use coupon in the media section then as I was leaving I saw a game I wanted in the front section. The front-area cashier ran my coupon copy and said the system was telling her it had already been used. I feigned puzzlement that such a possibility could be the case and she punched a few buttons and gave me the discount again. It's YMMV of course, but being friendly and undemanding seems to help.
Old 12-22-12, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by michaeljoo
If you order it in store for ship-to-home you won't get the extra 10% member discount and I don't think you can apply the coupons either.
You don't get the membership discount but you shouldn't have any problem using coupons. I've done 2 ship to home orders in the last week and used coupons on both. You go to the Customer Service counter and tell them what you want and where to ship it. They give you a printed order which you then take to the register. From there it's as if you are buying the item in store....minus the member discount. They ring up the item and you give them coupons and pay. I used one on a ship to home order yesterday for an item that was over $200 after the 40% off. I even convinced them to let me use the member $5 off a $50 purchase coupon. The cashier said one per item but I asked nicely and he applied it.
Old 12-22-12, 06:53 PM

Anyone want a 20% off online code in trade for a 30% off store coupon you're not going to use? Send me a pm.
Old 12-22-12, 07:20 PM

Also even though you can't use the store coupons for online orders you can still check the codes online to see if they were redeemed or not. Either the coupon code will come up redeemed, or say your order doesn't qualify if you enter it into the coupon box. If it is the later the coupon should still work at a B&N store.
Laser, what would you say to the fact that I used 3 25% coupons in store but none show as redeemed online? My sales slip shows the codes being used on my purchase. Do you think it takes a little time for their system to update or do I have a chance of using them again?
Old 12-22-12, 07:51 PM

Confirmed: 40% off in stores. I was also able to add the 25% coupon and 10% Member for a total of $202.49 + tax
Old 12-22-12, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection (Star Trek I, II, III, IV, V, VI + The Captain's Summit Bonus Disc) [Blu-ray] (2009) for around 28 bucks after tax with a 30 % off coupon.
Old 12-22-12, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They are just bound and determined that you are only going to get a deal if you come in the store arent they......Please more online coupons
Old 12-22-12, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Tardo317
Laser, what would you say to the fact that I used 3 25% coupons in store but none show as redeemed online? My sales slip shows the codes being used on my purchase. Do you think it takes a little time for their system to update or do I have a chance of using them again?
Check them again tomorrow to see if the status changes to redeemed. If not print out some more and see what happens. I have 4 coupons I used Friday that are still currently showing up active online, but that was because I discovered the store never scanned them properly at the register. Sort of a long story, but I plan on using them again tomorrow on a second round at another store.
Old 12-22-12, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BKenn01
They are just bound and determined that you are only going to get a deal if you come in the store aren't they......Please more online coupons
Their online operation is cannibalizing their retail stores. They sink so much into rent and salaries, they have to try and make their B&M stores viable.

Imagine if you were a store manager, and got your ass chewed monthly by some regional sales dick-head because you're not making your numbers. "Umm...maybe it's because I have to compete with my own company's freakin' online store!!! How about a little help???"
Old 12-23-12, 10:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually found a Harry Potter Wizard set near my home! It's much too tempting to pass on. If anyone has a non-member coupon they could PM, I'd be forever grateful. Hell, for this item, it'd be worth becoming a B&N member, so go ahead and throw a member coupon out, instead—the bigger the discount, the better.

Thanks so much and merry Christmas, everyone!
Old 12-23-12, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Can I please get a 25% or 30% coupon ? thanks
Old 12-23-12, 02:57 PM

Check them again tomorrow to see if the status changes to redeemed. If not print out some more and see what happens. I have 4 coupons I used Friday that are still currently showing up active online, but that was because I discovered the store never scanned them properly at the register. Sort of a long story, but I plan on using them again tomorrow on a second round at another store.
No deal on a second round for me. Cashier scanned coupons and said they were redeemed yesterday. I told her I just got them by e-mail this morning (not a lie, I got the reminders again) but she said there was nothing she could do.
Old 12-23-12, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Tardo317
No deal on a second round for me. Cashier scanned coupons and said they were redeemed yesterday. I told her I just got them by e-mail this morning (not a lie, I got the reminders again) but she said there was nothing she could do.

I was able to use my 4 coupons a second time today without too much trouble. The cashier had to do separate transactions for each purchase. Plus I still had 2 other coupons I didn't use making it a total of 6 coupons.

I should explain the reason I was able to use them again was because when I was at the store a few days ago the cashier tried to scan all the coupons during a single transaction, and not all the coupons were applied to the purchase. She claimed all the coupons went through but when I looked at the receipt actually only one coupon was applied to the purchase. I had to get the manager involved to do a return and a new purchase to get the coupons properly applied to each item. However during the second purchase the manager never used the coupons, and just manually created a 25% discount on each blu-ray, so with the exception of one coupon on the original purchase all the other coupons were still coming up valid when I checked them online. I thought there shouldn't be a problem printing out another set of coupons for another trip to the store before they expire. They all scanned through nicely at the register.
Old 12-23-12, 07:50 PM

For those looking for a 25% coupon... coupons.com code is reported to work multiple times even though the code is static:

http://www.coupons.com/coupon-codes/...e/?cid=29102_2

and the source for the above is http://www.coupons.com/coupon-codes/barnes-noble/ to confirm legitimacy
Old 12-23-12, 08:10 PM

Shows as "already redeemed" with Laser's bn.com test, so I guess it's YMMV.
Old 12-23-12, 08:31 PM

Shows as "already redeemed" with Laser's bn.com test, so I guess it's YMMV.
Correct - it shows redeemed but on another forum posters have reported success. YMMV disclaimer probably not a bad idea to add just in case something has changed. Good to call out - thanks.
Old 12-23-12, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Lawrence of Arabia (50th Anniversary Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] (1962) $57.59 - 30% off ($17.27) - 10% off ($5.76) = $34.56 plus taxes. It's good DEAL or OK Deal? Possible it drop down $25 or less in next 2-3 months ??
Old 12-24-12, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jtnguyen12
Lawrence of Arabia (50th Anniversary Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] (1962) $57.59 - 30% off ($17.27) - 10% off ($5.76) = $34.56 plus taxes. It's good DEAL or OK Deal? Possible it drop down $25 or less in next 2-3 months ??
Actually, it's $57.59 - member 10% ($5.76) - 30% ($15.55) = $36.28 plus taxes. I'd say it's a great deal. I've been waiting months for this sale, just to buy Lawrence, so I did it.

You can do a little better by buying enough to use the $5 off $50 coupon, and then pay with discounted gift cards, too.

Still wanna wait for it to go lower? Well...

Last edited by nealg; 12-24-12 at 02:55 AM.
Old 12-24-12, 04:03 AM

Anyone got one more 30% off they will not be using? Membership expires in two days and I'm thinking I will finish it off with a criterion blu . . .
Old 12-24-12, 08:01 AM

I have three 25% coupons I won't be using. Just PM me.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.