Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-12, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

From prior experience does anyone know if using the in-store coupon will work with showing it on my phone? Or do I actually have to print it?
Old 07-12-12, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by conscience
Laser, I'll take a code thanks. Would love the link to the print out.

Thanks again!
Originally Posted by JackBurton
I'd love an online code if you have a spare. Either way, thanks!
Coupons sent. I had one other request by PM and only have one more remaining. I'll hold it for BuckNaked2k if he wants it. I might have one more to give away if I'm not allowed to use it at a store today.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 07-12-12 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-12-12, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Coupons sent. I had one other request by PM and only have one more remaining. I'll hold it for BuckNaked2k if he wants it. I might have one more to give away if I'm not allowed to use it at a store today.
LASER - Thanks very much. Feel free to release it, as they are not working online, and the only remaining titles I want don't come out until the 24th!
Old 07-12-12, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaymole
Just went to the B&N and they would not let me use any coupons with the Criterion sale. The asshole behind the register said sarcastically to me "Guess you will have to settle for just a 50% discount".

I hate living in NYC.
Which store was that taken place?
Old 07-12-12, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just went to the B&N and they would not let me use any coupons with the Criterion sale. The asshole behind the register said sarcastically to me "Guess you will have to settle for just a 50% discount".

I hate living in NYC.
Which store was this? What a douche. Sorry you went through that.
Old 07-12-12, 04:38 PM

I tried this 15% off coupon Y4A7P7U and B&N rejected it for some inexplicable reason. And yes I was using a Visa card which seemed to be a variable to implementing it. Anyone with another 15% code can email to me or if there's another code let me know.
Old 07-12-12, 04:38 PM

I hate living in NYC.
I guess I'm not even going to try the Manhattan stores.

I think it's very obvious by now that B&N employees or IT are reading this forum. It's unfair to take it away sneakily like this. Just make the damn policy clear - don't allow them for 10 hours and get people's hopes up. I saw the coupon worked this morning but I was late for work so didn't order, figuring it would still be fine when I got back in the evening. This is lame. The sale has been on for a few days and the 15% Visa coupon also used to work.
Old 07-12-12, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 446 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by snausages
Which store was this? What a douche. Sorry you went through that.
Thanks, it was Union Square...it is my last time there and I will also not be renewing my B&N membership.
Old 07-12-12, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ec461
I guess I'm not even going to try the Manhattan stores.

I think it's very obvious by now that B&N employees or IT are reading this forum. It's unfair to take it away sneakily like this. Just make the damn policy clear - don't allow them for 10 hours and get people's hopes up. I saw the coupon worked this morning but I was late for work so didn't order, figuring it would still be fine when I got back in the evening. This is lame. The sale has been on for a few days and the 15% Visa coupon also used to work.
I'm not disagreeing with you but this has been the general trend at B&N for the past few sales. They've been getting tighter and tighter with the coupons, disallowing them during most of the sale. Your best bet is to take action as soon as you have one in hand, before they've had a chance to shut them down.
Old 07-12-12, 05:06 PM

Should I be expecting the same experience tomorrow with the members' coupons (5 off 50 and 8 off) or are these in a "separate" category?
Old 07-12-12, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think it's very obvious by now that B&N employees or IT are reading this forum.
Not the folks who run the website. If they were reading this forum regularly they would have prevented the 2 sales from overlapping. Besides, it's not like this is the first time they have disallowed coupons on a Criterion or other sale. They've been regularly disallowing them on items that are at or near 50% off. I tried to use a coupon on movies that were on sale around Christmas and they weren't allowed.
As for the stores, who knows. I haven't tried any coupons on this sale and I'm not sure I will. I use to buy all my Criterions in store but the one store I frequented closed after a disagreement over their lease renewal which cost some good people their jobs and I'm not a big fan of the others which are 10 miles further out.
Old 07-12-12, 05:14 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

This blows...I was waiting to get some of the 20% coupons later into the sale to get some of the sets for a bigger discount, now it looks like that is out. I guess this is what we get when they saw all the overlap orders go through. I wish I took more advantage of that too.
Old 07-12-12, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dex14
This blows...I was waiting to get some of the 20% coupons later into the sale to get some of the sets for a bigger discount, now it looks like that is out. I guess this is what we get when they saw all the overlap orders go through. I wish I took more advantage of that too.
I wouldn't assume anything. If you are near a store take a coupon and try it. You are out of luck online but when there's a human factor there's always a chance.
Old 07-12-12, 05:27 PM

I'd imagine if they are blocking the mystery coupon, they will block any coupon they release from here on out during the sale.
Old 07-12-12, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Success using the coupon in store! Well... sort of. More of success with an awesome friendly employee. I didn't print out the coupon, I just showed him my phone with the code. He tried to key it in and it didn't work (he very well may have entered it wrong as he was struggling keeping up with me telling him the code) and then decided to try to scan a coupon someone else had brought in earlier but couldn't find it. I didn't try to stop him but had he done that and it rang up less than the 30% coupon mine was for I would have told him no thanks. Anyways, after a few minutes of trying different things he just hand keys in a discount and gave me the 50% since I was in there a couple days earlier for the sale and thanked me for my business. So, I got the Samurai Trilogy on blu for $18.xx!

And here are 2 codes, first come first serve. Let us know when you use them.

15% - KJM7V95TRAC41
30% - j38kbj4vb4djf
Old 07-12-12, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just got back from my trip to a local B&N store to pick up a couple of Criterion titles I reserved last night. To make a long story short the clerk would not allow the surprise coupons because they would not scan. Even after she learned the value of both coupons the clerk would not allow them, or offer to attempt to over ride the system.

However thankfully I was expecting to get rejected and came prepared with a plan B. At the last minute I decided to print out an $8 coupon just in case I failed with the other coupons. That one scanned fine on the David Lean set I reserved. But I regret also not bringing a $5/$50 coupon to use with the second title since my total purchase would have been over $50. There is no guarantee they would have taken the $5 coupon, but maybe I would have had a better chance compared to the failure with the surprise coupons, Because I didn't have a second coupon I decided to just purchase the Lean set, and used up the last of my gift cards to pay for it.
Old 07-12-12, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Just got back from my trip to a local B&N store to pick up a couple of Criterion titles I reserved last night. To make a long story short the clerk would not allow the surprise coupons because they would not scan. Even after she learned the value of both coupons the clerk would not allow them, or offer to attempt to over ride the system.

However thankfully I was expecting to get rejected and came prepared with a plan B. At the last minute I decided to print out an $8 coupon just in case I failed with the other coupons. That one scanned fine on the David Lean set I reserved. But I regret also not bringing a $5/$50 coupon to use with the second title since my total purchase would have been over $50. There is no guarantee they would have taken the $5 coupon, but maybe I would have had a better chance compared to the failure with the surprise coupons, Because I didn't have a second coupon I decided to just purchase the Lean set, and used up the last of my gift cards.
It's looking good for mine tomorrow then, thanks!
Old 07-12-12, 05:49 PM

I couldn't use the mystery coupons. They all came up as "unrecognized" when either scanned or keyed in. Manager came over and I crossed my fingers. We had a nice chat. He took a non-sale item and tried the coupon and it worked. He therefore assumed the system didn't take it because of the 50% off sale. I wasn't going to argue any further.

I ended up using my $25 electronic gift certificate though.

I guess the days of using coupons on top of sales are over.

I made sure to uncheck the auto renewal of my membership. I doubt Barnes & Noble is going to sell media at their stores much longer. Time to stock up on Amazon gift cards through my Chase Freedom card and use them on Criterions from Amazon. I should have $75 worth by September for the next round:

The Royal Tenenbaums [Blu-ray]
Quadrophenia [Blu-ray]
The Game [Blu-ray]

:/
Old 07-12-12, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
I'm not disagreeing with you but this has been the general trend at B&N for the past few sales. They've been getting tighter and tighter with the coupons, disallowing them during most of the sale. Your best bet is to take action as soon as you have one in hand, before they've had a chance to shut them down.
I know they've been clamping down but I thought things might have changed this time since the sale had been up for a couple of days and coupons were still allowed. Guess I was stupid.
Old 07-12-12, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
LASER - Thanks very much. Feel free to release it, as they are not working online, and the only remaining titles I want don't come out until the 24th!
Thanks for letting me know. Looks like I have 2 more 15% surprise coupons to give away. I still have a 30% coupon and will see if there is something I can purchase with it.
Old 07-12-12, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So excepting the in store gamble, right now it's just the 50% off, right?

I think I'll hold off as Laser says and see if different coupons come before the sale is over. Maybe the next batch will work, even if temporarily.
Old 07-12-12, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
I think I'll hold off as Laser says and see if different coupons come before the sale is over. Maybe the next batch will work, even if temporarily.
Doubt it because I think they don't disable the coupon, they disable the item from coupons.
Old 07-12-12, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
So excepting the in store gamble, right now it's just the 50% off, right?

It's 50% unless you have a membership, which will save an extra 10% off. Ironically I had no trouble with the $8 coupon today. However the Lean set was over $40 even after my member discount.

I think if some regular store coupons come out they should probably scan fine even if they keep the coupon restriction online through the remainder of the sale. It's just these surprise coupons that seem to be causing the problems at the stores.

I'm not sure when the next batch of coupons will come out yet. It's possible there could be nothing next week. The following week might be more promising for some regular 15% and 20% store coupons.
Old 07-12-12, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Doubt it because I think they don't disable the coupon, they disable the item from coupons.
Exactly. They've been blocking the use of coupons on items already marked down 40-50%.
Old 07-12-12, 06:05 PM

I cant even use the $5 off $50 online...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.