Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 01-01-11, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
B&N wasn't kidding when they said the sale ran until New Years. A lot stuff has increased in price today. There were a few things I was on the fence about buying and now with the higher prices that should be enough to rid me of the temptation. Anyway my credit cards need the rest from all the spending since Black Friday.
I thought I had both Seasons of Rome on DVD so I was planning to pass on the Blu-ray but I checked and I only have the first Season so I decided to get it. But when I checked they had already raised the price. They didn't wait long.
Old 01-01-11, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

B&N wasn't kidding when they said the sale ran until New Years. A lot stuff has increased in price today. There were a few things I was on the fence about buying and now with the higher prices that should be enough to rid me of the temptation. Anyway my credit cards need the rest from all the spending since Black Friday.
Frick, I could have sworn I read Jan 3rd, so I didn't buy some things I was gonna get. OOPS!
Old 01-01-11, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Some good TV deals right now. Abbott & Costello Show 23.99 before coupon, Star Trek Enterprise seasons $34.99 before coupon... I don't see any deals on BD sets anymore though...
Old 01-02-11, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Some good TV deals right now. Abbott & Costello Show 23.99 before coupon, Star Trek Enterprise seasons $34.99 before coupon... I don't see any deals on BD sets anymore though...
Thanks, I needed Enterprise S4
Old 01-02-11, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by laserdogg
Ya, $26 is a pretty good price for those seasons. I just wish I had the S4 bonus disc. I have it for the first 3 seasons... I could have had it a few years ago. It was in my hands, but the plastic case had a deep scratch in it, so I passed and told myself I would find another one. I never did...
Old 01-02-11, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Frick, I could have sworn I read Jan 3rd, so I didn't buy some things I was gonna get. OOPS!
The 25% off coupon goes through Jan 3. The post Christmas sale was to Jan 1.
Old 01-02-11, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by laserdogg
Ya, $26 is a pretty good price for those seasons. I just wish I had the S4 bonus disc. I have it for the first 3 seasons... I could have had it a few years ago. It was in my hands, but the plastic case had a deep scratch in it, so I passed and told myself I would find another one. I never did...
I bought TNG w/the BB bonus discs as it came out, that was my must have ST series.......acquired the bonus discs for TOS, DS9 and Voyager from eBay when they were plentiful & cheap and bought the seasons when they were more affordable.

The BB bonus DVDs show up on eBay once in a while...there's a set of all 4 Enterprise discs ending today in fact.
Old 01-03-11, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have not seen anything mentioned on the web site yet but I just noticed that the B2G1F sale is active today. I had 3 DVDs in my cart and one of them is showing up free. Might be some good deals if you look for them.

Edit: Looks like they killed it already. Maybe it will start up again later today.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 01-03-11 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-03-11, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have not seen anything mentioned on the web site yet but I just noticed that the B2G1F sale is active today. I had 3 DVDs in my cart and one of them is showing up free. Might be some good deals if you look for them.

Edit: Looks like they killed it already. Maybe it will start up again later today.
Interesting. Were they all DVD's, or are BD's included in the sale as well? I may have to check this out tonight, before the coupons expire, assuming the sale becomes active in time...
Old 01-03-11, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Unfortunately, all six items in my wish-list are currently only 10% off, so a B2G1 combo would still be insanely expensive.
Old 01-03-11, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Interesting. Were they all DVD's, or are BD's included in the sale as well? I may have to check this out tonight, before the coupons expire, assuming the sale becomes active in time...
It was blu-rays and DVDs while it was active. When I checked this morning it was only active for about 15 minutes before they shut it down. I didn't have a lot of time to play around with it. I thought the sale might start soon and added a bunch of DVDs to my cart last night. It might start up again this afternoon. Might look around for stuff you're interested in and add it to your cart now. I did find they did put up the details for the sale.

Buy 2 DVDs, Get 3rd FREE Offer Details:

This offer is only valid on BN.Com from 12:00 A.M EST January 4, and ends February 1, 2011 at 2:59 EST A.M., while supplies last. This Offer may be redeemed once per customer and per billing address. In order to take advantage of this offer, place 3 or more qualifying DVDs or Blu-ray discs in your bn.com shopping cart and the least expensive DVD or Blu-ray disc is yours FREE! Simply look for the following icon on select DVDs or Blu-ray discs:

Your credit for the least expensive DVD or disc will appear at Checkout. Shipping charges may apply.

Additional Rules Governing this Offer: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards or eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital eBooks, products available for in store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, applicable sales tax, products marked as "not eligible for Member discounts, coupons or promotional discounts," or any other products other than DVDs or Blu-ray discs bearing the icon (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the bn.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); and (v) not valid at Barnes & Noble retail stores or Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. This offer may not be combined with any other coupon or the Educator Discount. Void where prohibited by law.

Returns or cancellations that affect the minimum number of items purchased may result in a charge for the item of lesser value originally received as free. You will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit, debit or Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments and will notify you via e-mail of such charge or debit. Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer may be the same as a similar promotion available in Barnes & Noble retail bookstores. Please visit your local Barnes & Noble store for details of that offer. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation.
Old 01-03-11, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Also I found out the $5 DVD coupons that were so popular for the Criterion sale have been changed this year. It's now $8 off a DVD or blu-ray with a selling price of $40.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...p?promoid=9187

Coupon U7R9E7W Details:

This coupon may be used once online at BN.COM and its mirror sites for each new, valid and current Barnes & Noble Membership purchased between December 27, 2010 and February 23 at any Barnes & Noble store. Offer is not valid for renewal Memberships. Coupon expires March 28, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time. Shipping charges may apply.

This coupon entitles you to the following discounts:

$5 Off One CD: $5 off one (1) music CD with a minimum B&N Selling Price of $15. The B&N Selling Price is the price at Checkout before taxes and shipping and handling charges are applied. The $5 off discount will apply to the most expensive eligible CD in your Shopping Cart and will be deducted after all other discounts are applied. The $5 off discount will appear at Checkout. Audiobooks on CD are not eligible for the discount.

$8 Off One DVD or Blu-ray: $8 off one (1) DVD or Blu-ray with a minimum B&N Selling Price of $40. The B&N Selling Price is the price at Checkout before taxes and shipping and handling charges are applied. The $8 off discount will apply to the most expensive eligible DVD or Blu-ray in your Shopping Cart and will be deducted after all other discounts are applied. The $8 off discount will appear at Checkout.

$5 Off Your Purchase of $50 or More: $5 off the entire order when making a single purchase of $50 or more. The total purchase must be equal to or greater than $50 before taxes and shipping and handling charges but after all other discounts are applied.

Purchase of the following products and services may not be applied toward the $50 single purchase minimum: Online Gift Certificates, Gift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, products available for pre-order, Memberships (new purchases and renewals), products from BN.COM Specialty Stores (including Magazines), products not eligible for Fast & Free Delivery, digital content (including but not limited to NOOKbooks, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products from the Rosetta Stone series, products included in in-store ship-to-home order, shipping or handling expenses, products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," products provided via third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.), may not be combined with the Educator program discount.

Returns or cancellations which affect the minimum purchase amount may result in forfeiture of discounts applied at the time an order is placed, and you will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit, debit, or gift card in the amount of such adjustments and will notify you via email of such charge or debit.

$10 Off One Home & Gift Item: $10 off one (1) Home & Gift item with a minimum B&N Selling Price of $40 online in our Home & Gifts shop. The B&N Selling Price is the price at Checkout before taxes and shipping and handling charges are applied. The $10 off discount will apply to the most expensive eligible Home & Gift item in your Shopping Cart and will be deducted after all other discounts are applied The $10 off discount will appear at Checkout. Items marked "This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated" on the product page are not eligible for this discount.

$5 Off One Toy or Game Item: $5 off one (1) Toy or Game Item with a minimum B&N Selling Price of $20 online. The B&N Selling Price is the price at Checkout before taxes and shipping and handling charges are applied. The $5 off discount will apply to the most expensive eligible Toy or Game item in your Shopping Cart and will be deducted after all other discounts are applied. The $5 off discount will appear at Checkout. Items marked "This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated" on the product page are not eligible for this discount.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOKbooks, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products from the Rosetta Stone series, products included in in-store ship-to-home orders or products available for pre-order, shipping or handling expenses, products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts"; (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the bn.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) not valid at Barnes & Noble retail stores or Barnes & Noble College retail bookstores. Except for coupons that are included in this New Member Welcome Bonus Savings Offer, this coupon may not be combined with any other coupon, and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 01-03-11, 12:13 PM

Also I found out the $5 DVD coupons that were so popular for the Criterion sale have been changed this year. It's now $8 off a DVD or blu-ray with a selling price of $40.
So basically, if I understand correctly, these are now unusable on Criterions (apart from boxsets).
Old 01-03-11, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ec461
So basically, if I understand correctly, these are now unusable on Criterions (apart from boxsets).
It looks that way with this change.
Old 01-03-11, 12:22 PM

It looks that way with this change.

So happy now that I didn't renew my membership.
Old 01-03-11, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, that's disappointing. There's always the 15% and 25% in-store coupons though, and the discounts on box sets are larger now. The upcoming Naruse set would only be around $12.60, after 50% and 10% discounts. We've still got another three or four months of Criterions to be announced before the next sale, so hopefully a box or two will be in their plans.
Old 01-03-11, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That royally blows about the $5 coupon. I guess I'd going to use the shit out of the current one before it expires...

I noticed that the B2G1F sale says "This Offer may be redeemed once per customer and per billing address." I sure hope they haven't come up with a way to enforce that... They have prevented me from successfully getting a 2nd "free 2-month membership". I have tried it on two different accounts that have never had a membership, but it knows that I've had one, and won't allow it...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-03-11 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-03-11, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The sale is live NOW, but the After Holidays sale items do not work (at least, not the ones I have tried). They also jacked up the prices on some items. According to DVDpricesearch.net American Dad volumes 4 and 5 were only $11.99, but the prices are $34.79 now. I woulda snatched v5 for $11.99 if I had known...
Old 01-03-11, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

First order has been placed... Carnivale S1 and S2, and Wait Til Your Father Gets Home S1. $29.55 total, not counting cashback or my B&N MC rebate...
Old 01-03-11, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

First order has been placed... Carnivale S1 and S2, and Wait Til Your Father Gets Home S1. $29.55 total, not counting cashback or my B&N MC rebate...
It may be your first and only order on that account. I can't get it to work for a second order. Maybe they truly did make it a one time deal per account.
Old 01-03-11, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jwstl
It may be your first and only order on that account. I can't get it to work for a second order. Maybe they truly did make it a one time deal per account.
That's OK, I was planning on using different accounts anyway so I can use the 25% coupon. I placed another order on a different account, and didn't have any issues using the same billing address. Of course, that doesn't mean they won't catch it and cancel it later...
Old 01-03-11, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jwstl
I haven't placed a second order but it appears it would work if I wanted to do another one with the same account. At least one of the DVDs is showing up free in my cart. Maybe you have a DVD that for some reason is not eligible with the sale.
Old 01-03-11, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks guys.

* MacGyver - The Complete Fifth Season
* Richard Dean Anderson, Dana Elcar
* DVD - Pan & Scan
* Online Price: $10.34

* MacGyver - The Complete Sixth Season
* Richard Dean Anderson, Dana Elcar
* DVD - Pan & Scan
* Online Price: $10.34 * -$10.34 $0.00

* MacGyver - The Complete Fourth Season
* Richard Dean Anderson, Dana Elcar, Bruce McGill
* DVD - Pan & Scan
* Online Price: $10.34 * -$2.59 $7.75

Shipment Subtotal: $18.09
Shipping & Handling: FREE
Sales Tax: $1.24
Shipment Total: $19.33
Old 01-03-11, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

I've got 3 items in my cart - Troll 2 BD, Best Worst Movie and one of the Media Blasters triple features.

The triple feature lists a 1-2 week wait. The set is also not in stock at Amazon and they don't even give a date when it would ship. I'm wondering what B&N will do with if they can't produce the item. Since it works out as the free title, I don't want to be stuck paying full price for the other two.
Old 01-03-11, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

While it's not a DVD deal it is DVD related...

B&N stores has The Simpsons World Ultimate Episode Guide book for $75, 50% off the list price. If you get in tonight you can still use the 25% off coupon and member discount to get it for around $51 plus tax. It's currently 90.90 at Bn.com and Amazon.com.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.