Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-08, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John Hodson
While I'm here, another thumbs up for LASERMOVIES, the reason I've just renewed my membership.
Count me as another DVDTalker who considers you the ONLY reason to have a BN membership.
I was able to pick up their exclusive Peanuts Deluxe Collection for a little over $50
Old 11-07-08, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I noticed Live.com has increased their cashback rate to 10% off at B&N.com.
Old 11-07-08, 10:54 AM

Live.com and preorders

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I noticed Live.com has increased their cashback rate to 10% off at B&N.com.
Thanks LASERMOVIES! Has anyone used Live.com on a preorder (1/20/09 in my case) and received the cashback credit?
Old 11-07-08, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by lena
Thanks LASERMOVIES! Has anyone used Live.com on a preorder (1/20/09 in my case) and received the cashback credit?
I did--I ordered during the high back to school rates, but it shipped afterwards. They originally gave me the new smaller rate, but it just took 2 emails (one of which was forwarding my B&N receipt) for them to fix it to the correct rate.
Old 11-07-08, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by kyle
I did--I ordered during the high back to school rates, but it shipped afterwards. They originally gave me the new smaller rate, but it just took 2 emails (one of which was forwarding my B&N receipt) for them to fix it to the correct rate.
Thanks kyle - I'm going to give it a shot.
Old 11-09-08, 09:48 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by souvenir
The Budd Boetticher set has finally gone to 30% off. I picked it up using the $5 off coupon and the site took the $5 off twice, both as one of my "discounts" (where coupons and membership discounts usually are) and at the end of the order.

EDIT: I wouldn't recommend using the $5 off coupon expecting it to be $10 because my email receipt went back to being only $5 off.
I wanted to place a similar order and get $10 off. Do you know if you were charged $5 more than you expected to pay?
Old 11-09-08, 11:56 PM

Thanks!

Lasermovies,

Okay, so this is a long overdue thanks for all your hard work at updating all the info about Barnes & Noble. The information that you provide - which is basically never provided by B&N itself - is the only thing that has made the membership worthwhile.

Thanks again for all your hard work and efforts!
Old 11-10-08, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

FYI, two of the three new Disney Treasures tins are at 30% off right now. I just got Chronological Donald v4 for $17.36 plus tax using the military link and 20% off MC coupon. Even without a membership, this was a great deal. If you are a member, the $5 off P4C4N3N coupon will be a slightly better deal ($15.78 + tax I believe, and you could probably combine with live.com for 10% more

Last edited by kenbenobi; 11-11-08 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-11-08, 04:42 PM

The five disc Warners Frank Sinatra: The Golden Years set is 37% off and $22.67 for members before any coupons.
Old 11-11-08, 11:26 PM

I think there may be a 25% out there as I noticed in BN today in the Music/Video department at the checkout a lamentated "this week" flyer on the counter advertising 25% coupon (click here for store coupon / online coupon) and 40% off some bestseller or something else. Unfortunately did not have time to ask about it as had to get back to work (just had to do a return).

So I am wondering if this is about to come out.

I hope!!!
Old 11-11-08, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by forumsmy
I think there may be a 25% out there as I noticed in BN today in the Music/Video department at the checkout a lamentated "this week" flyer on the counter advertising 25% coupon (click here for store coupon / online coupon) and 40% off some bestseller or something else. Unfortunately did not have time to ask about it as had to get back to work (just had to do a return).

So I am wondering if this is about to come out.

I hope!!!
They are overdue but I didn't see any new coupons issued for this week even though a bunch of them expired Monday. If someone is in a store I hope you can look for the flyer to confirm what it said. Are you sure it didn't advertise $25 in coupons like this one?

Old 11-12-08, 10:14 AM

Looks like coupon code L4C7C9Y expired early in the AM Nov 12th, instead of Dec 2nd, darnit.

- Trev
Old 11-12-08, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have a $55 Barnes Gift Card.

What is my best route to maximize my dollar on Blu-rays?

I am a non-member, so just use the 10% coupon on a new release? Aren't the new release blu's on sale a bit for the first week?
Old 11-12-08, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Trev
Looks like coupon code L4C7C9Y expired early in the AM Nov 12th, instead of Dec 2nd, darnit.

- Trev
Looks like B&N decided to change the expiration date. The link with the coupon information now has November 12 listed as the expiration date instead of December 2. I hope it is a sign some better coupons are on the way soon.
Old 11-12-08, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by thelwig14
I have a $55 Barnes Gift Card.

What is my best route to maximize my dollar on Blu-rays?

I am a non-member, so just use the 10% coupon on a new release? Aren't the new release blu's on sale a bit for the first week?
I never buy blu-ray's at B&N because their prices are too high. But if you are still determined to use your gift card for blu-ray titles you could try 20% code N7P8K9P to see if it works. It's technically a non-member coupon but says it is for B&N Mastercard users. However I don't know if it will work with any credit card. Otherwise go with the 10% coupons since you have no other option as a non-member. Also if you use one of the links posted on the first page you can save from 5% to 10%, plus get free expedited shipping on DVDs. At this point I would wait a while longer to see if better coupons are going to show up.
Old 11-12-08, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I never buy blu-ray's at B&N because their prices are too high. But if you are still determined to use your gift card for blu-ray titles you could try 20% code N7P8K9P to see if it works. It's technically a non-member coupon but says it is for B&N Mastercard users. However I don't know if it will work with any credit card. Otherwise go with the 10% coupons since you have no other option as a non-member. Also if you use one of the links posted on the first page you can save from 5% to 10%, plus get free expedited shipping on DVDs. At this point I would wait a while longer to see if better coupons are going to show up.
Thanks, I appreciate the advice.

I just finished a reading intensive grad program so I have no interest in reading books for a bit.

My only other option is Blu-rays. I will keep an eye out.
Old 11-12-08, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
FYI, two of the three new Disney Treasures tins are at 30% off right now. I just got Chronological Donald v4 for $17.36 plus tax using the military link and 20% off MC coupon. Even without a membership, this was a great deal. If you are a member, the $5 off P4C4N3N coupon will be a slightly better deal ($15.78 + tax I believe, and you could probably combine with live.com for 10% more
Currently you can get all 3 Disney Treasure tins for 30% off. However there might be a problem if you order Chronological Donald Volume 4 at B&N. I ordered a copy of Chronological Donald and got the order today, but received Mickey Mouse Club Presents Annette instead. I was going to keep it since I was planning on getting it anyway, and just order another copy of Chronlogical Donald. Initially I thought someone in the warehouse accidentally grabbed the wrong disc without carefully checking the order. But when I entered the UPC to find the title to add to my DVD Profiler list it showed up as Chronological Donald 4. Someone put a sticker on the shrinkwrap which covers up the original UPC for the DVD, but the sticker has the incorrect UPC number. So if you get the wrong DVD it could be because of a sticker mix up. Hopefully whoever is packaging the DVDs catches this quickly to prevent sending out the wrong title.
Old 11-12-08, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was looking over my bank account the other day and noticed a $25 charge from B&N. It turns out that for some reason one of the two memberships I signed up for last year auto renewed on me. I have no clue why one did and the other didn't. I didn't have any options selected to make it do so.

I guess I'll keep it open and wont complain about it, but they darn well offer up some great coupons for me here soon.
Old 11-12-08, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Brent L
I was looking over my bank account the other day and noticed a $25 charge from B&N. It turns out that for some reason one of the two memberships I signed up for last year auto renewed on me. I have no clue why one did and the other didn't. I didn't have any options selected to make it do so.

I guess I'll keep it open and wont complain about it, but they darn well offer up some great coupons for me here soon.

Are you sure you didn't select an automatic renewal option on one of the accounts? I noticed when my last membership was about to expire the B&N website asked if I wanted to renew my membership automatically every year, or for one year. I think you can cancel within 30 days and get a full refund. I decided to renew my membership last week and may cancel within 30 days if there are no 25% or larger coupons this year.

I also think I found a way to possibly save a little on purchasing a B&N membership. I decided to renew my membership and went through live.com and received a $2.50 credit. Also because I used my B&N Mastercard I'm saving an additional $1.35 on the membership. If I decide to keep the membership I'll see if I actually get the money or if it is taken away.
Old 11-12-08, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Are you sure you didn't select an automatic renewal option on one of the accounts? I noticed when my last membership was about to expire the B&N website asked if I wanted to renew my membership automatically every year, or for one year. I think you can cancel within 30 days and get a full refund. I decided to renew my membership last week and may cancel within 30 days if there are no 25% or larger coupons this year.

I also think I found a way to possibly save a little on purchasing a B&N membership. I decided to renew my membership and went through live.com and received a $2.50 credit. Also because I used my B&N Mastercard I'm saving an additional $1.35 on the membership. If I decide to keep the membership I'll see if I actually get the money or if it is taken away.
I didn't know about the 30 day cancel policy. I should have just renewed before I ordered my Disney tin the other day. Oh well, just one order. I might go ahead and renew then, fully intending on canceling within 30 days unless they start coming out with decent coupons...
Old 11-12-08, 05:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Currently you can get all 3 Disney Treasure tins for 30% off. However there might be a problem if you order Chronological Donald Volume 4 at B&N. I ordered a copy of Chronological Donald and got the order today, but received Mickey Mouse Club Presents Annette instead. I was going to keep it since I was planning on getting it anyway, and just order another copy of Chronlogical Donald. Initially I thought someone in the warehouse accidentally grabbed the wrong disc without carefully checking the order. But when I entered the UPC to find the title to add to my DVD Profiler list it showed up as Chronological Donald 4. Someone put a sticker on the shrinkwrap which covers up the original UPC for the DVD, but the sticker has the incorrect UPC number. So if you get the wrong DVD it could be because of a sticker mix up. Hopefully whoever is packaging the DVDs catches this quickly to prevent sending out the wrong title.
I had the exact same thing happen to me, only reverse the titles. I ordered one of each of the three and received two Chronological Donalds. One of them had a UPC sticker outside of the shrinkwrap covering the correct UPC underneath. I figured I'd simply stop by a nearby B&N store on my way home from work today to do an exchange, but not one B&N location in Austin has the Annette disc in stock. So now I have to deal with B&N.com, and it's likely this will happen again.
Old 11-12-08, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm pretty sure I didn't have an option like that selected.

I didn't know about the 30 day period, and like you LM if no decent coupons show up over the next month I'll likely cancel as well. Besides, we can always sign up again if a really good coupon shows up.
Old 11-12-08, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Brent L
I'm pretty sure I didn't have an option like that selected.

I didn't know about the 30 day period, and like you LM if no decent coupons show up over the next month I'll likely cancel as well. Besides, we can always sign up again if a really good coupon shows up.

You should at least check your account to make sure the automatic renewal setting is turned off in case you decide to keep your membership. You can find the setting by clicking the account link. Then click on the link to view and edit your member profile. You should be able to find the automatic renewal setting there. If yes is checked change it to no.

Here's the information about cancelling a membership.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/help/c...cds2Pid=8453#8

What if I join now but decide later that I no longer want to be a Member? Can I get a refund?

If you purchased your Membership at a Barnes & Noble bookstore, you may cancel the Membership at any store within 30 days of the purchase date for a full refund with the original receipt. If you purchased your Membership online at www.bn.com, you may contact the Member Service Center at 1-866-238-READ within 30 days of the purchase date for a full refund.

After 30 days, Membership fees are non-refundable. Partial refunds of the Membership fee are not available.
Old 11-13-08, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If anyone has an account with US Bank it appears you can get triple cash back on B&N purchases through December 31, 2008. So I assume since it says 5% on the web site with the triple cash back you get 15% off. If it is like other web sites posted on the coupon page it probably won't stack with a members discounts.

http://cashbonuspartners.usbank.com/...sid=3XXdKrlo03
Old 11-13-08, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If anyone has an account with US Bank it appears you can get triple cash back on B&N purchases through December 31, 2008. So I assume since it says 5% on the web site with the triple cash back you get 15% off. If it is like other web sites posted on the coupon page it probably won't stack with a members discounts.

http://cashbonuspartners.usbank.com/...sid=3XXdKrlo03
Thanks for pointing this out! I do indeed have a US Bank credit card and debit card. I'll have to look into that...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.