Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) DeepDiscount.com's 20% Off Sale - June 6th - June 29nd

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-08, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sigh.... still waiting...

June 20 1:35 PM - DVD Planet - (at least 19 days)
June 20 2:37 PM - Deep Discount - (at least 19 days)
June 20 5:50 PM - Deep Discount - (at least 19 days)

Anybody else still waiting in Florida?
Old 07-09-08, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not in Florida, but I'm still waiting in Arizona (and getting pretty damned angry).

DVD Planet - shipped July 18 (now 22 days)
Deep Discount - shipped July 19 (now 21 days)

And that's not to mention three more later and back-ordered orders that I'm also waiting for.
Old 07-09-08, 07:46 PM

Sorry, not Florida but Alaska , I finally received my order (shipped on June 8th).

Everything was packed in one flimsy box (no padding, just invoice included)that looked like someone played football with it.

Last Chapter Complete series box set is totally deformed, plus I can hear discs floating inside. Oh well, I hope they can exchange it... and that I don't have to wait another month again .

Last edited by DeepBlue; 07-09-08 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-09-08, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
I just got my 1st shipment today (7/9) that was shipped on 6/29

V: The Original Mini-Series
V: The Final Battle

10 days is not bad at all especially shipping to Los Angeles. Sorry about you guys who are waiting ages.
Old 07-10-08, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
Sigh.... still waiting...

June 20 1:35 PM - DVD Planet - (at least 19 days)
June 20 2:37 PM - Deep Discount - (at least 19 days)
June 20 5:50 PM - Deep Discount - (at least 19 days)

Anybody else still waiting in Florida?
Got my 3 shipments today after 20 days and one that was shipped July 5th (5 days). Yay!
Old 07-18-08, 04:07 AM
Suspended

Well, I sent back the Gilad 15 Express Workouts DVDs back on 07/01 (received the damaged discs 06/30 & sent them back the next day when they gave me a prepaid label to print out)

I still have not received word as to whether they've received the DVDs back & sent out a new set yet. I'm guessing not.

I suppose I'll give them until Monday with this being the end of the week, but if I don't hear anything by Monday I'll have to contact them. Yuck.
Old 07-18-08, 06:39 AM

I received the last of my orders yesterday. Of all the DVds I ordered only one had a floater but it seems fine.

Thanks DD for a great sale!

James (Mississauga,Ontario,Canada)
Old 07-18-08, 09:51 AM

My DD order arrived in four shipments; the last one came yesterday. Each shipment arrived in six days. Well done, DD.

Now to start watching.
Old 07-18-08, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts
Just want to say THANK YOU!!!! DD for this great sale. Got some great titles for jaw-droppingly great prices. Received last of my orders yesterday, and shipping was actually surprisingly quick considering I am in CA (most orders went to my USPS P.O. Box). Just a couple of floaters overall, with less wear than usual (played perfect on my cheapie DVD player) from floating in case.

Unlike the last 20% sale, where I bought something like only two dvd sets, I spent hundreds on this sale, and am just happy, happy, happy, with DD. Obviously, I wish the sale was more than a bi-annual affair...until next time, I remain...Inhumans99.
Old 07-18-08, 11:56 AM

So, if I still have an item on backorder am I SOL?
Old 07-18-08, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Forgot about this thread LOL...

Well, I'll chime in to state that my order, for which I received shipping e-mail on 6/18, arrived on 7/5.

It was the first time I received an order from them in one of the dreaded bubble envelopes, but all was in excellent condition.

Last edited by Superdaddy; 08-01-08 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-18-08, 01:46 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by bmoore
So, if I still have an item on backorder am I SOL?
Not necessarily. Backorders can take a while sometimes. On occasion, though, they've been known to just cancel the order after so much time goes by & they never get the item. You just have to be patient & wait it out.
Old 07-18-08, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fitlissa76
Well, I sent back the Gilad 15 Express Workouts DVDs back on 07/01 (received the damaged discs 06/30 & sent them back the next day when they gave me a prepaid label to print out)

I still have not received word as to whether they've received the DVDs back & sent out a new set yet. I'm guessing not.

I suppose I'll give them until Monday with this being the end of the week, but if I don't hear anything by Monday I'll have to contact them. Yuck.
from my limited experience, the exchange process is the same thing as a return plus an immediate (more or less)_ new order (for the same item). so turnaround for the whole ordeal is a good 2-3 weeks. at least.

bout now, you should be getting a credit posted to your credit card. i have never received email confirmation of an accepted returned item. then, you should receive an email confirmation of a new order (for the same item) shortly after that with a $0 charge.

hope that helps and good luck
Old 07-19-08, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
^Yep. Same here. Mine was an incorrect title. I was rather annoyed that they waited for the incorrect one to get back to them and verify it was wrong before the correct title was shipped, but it all worked out OK.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 07-19-08 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-20-08, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^ just wanted to add something i forgot.

in one or two rare instances, i was actually mailed out a replacement along with a physical return postage label (for the damaged dvd). but that might have been dvdplanet, which might make a difference.
Old 07-28-08, 01:09 PM
Suspended

Unf*ckingbelieveable. Alrighty, I received my damaged order June 30th & sent it right back to them July 1st. Today, July 28th, I receive my replacement order only for the discs to be rattling around in the package... AGAIN ! I'm not even opening it. I've already contacted them to tell them I'll be marking this refused, return to sender, and will expect a refund. I don't want to wait yet another month to receive a replacement, only for that one to be damaged too.
Old 07-28-08, 03:18 PM

I feel a part of your rage Lisa. I am still waiting for 3 items that have been on backorder since the first day the sale started.

All of the Criterions I bought (that were on backorder) during the sale that is going on now have shipped and I have gotten them all. But these 3 things I am still waiting for. I don't want to watch them right away, I just want to get them sometime this year.

Are other people still waiting for stuff?
Old 07-28-08, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Today, July 28th, I receive my replacement order only for the discs to be rattling around in the package...
Was it mailed in a box or a bubblewrap mailer?
Old 07-28-08, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Unf*ckingbelieveable. Alrighty, I received my damaged order June 30th & sent it right back to them July 1st. Today, July 28th, I receive my replacement order only for the discs to be rattling around in the package... AGAIN ! I'm not even opening it. I've already contacted them to tell them I'll be marking this refused, return to sender, and will expect a refund. I don't want to wait yet another month to receive a replacement, only for that one to be damaged too.
Yeah I hear their sense of customer service pretty much blows. It's nice that they are polite on the phone and leave an impression that they care. Then I suppose they punch the numbers into the ol' computer and just ship another, when really, they should ensure the next package is like fort knox in a box. This is where it fails.

Anyway, I probably wouldn't worry about a refund. I had the same problem with a 4 disc set recently. Both arrived with "floaters" and plastic bits bouncing around. The outside packaging appeared fine. Makes me think they kick around the DVD sets around the warehouse and package them off hoping that no one will notice. I say this only because I saw what was inside - absolutely terrible condition. So I opened both and took the best cases/discs/boxes what have you and sent the rest back. Sure enough I was not billed for the second set even though it was open.
Old 07-28-08, 09:49 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dmkb
Was it mailed in a box or a bubblewrap mailer?
Box, I wish it was sent in a mailer. I actually prefer the mailers. They have bubble wrap inside them & cusion the packaging better anyway.
Old 07-29-08, 03:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I've had pretty good success from DD and DVDPlanet. For the most part their packaging approach has worked well whether it be boxed or mailers. As for floaters, I think the blame has more to do with the manufacturers. I found in many cases during inspection that the disks aren't seated very firmly, so it is easy for them to come loose. Especially when you consider they are in perfect condition from the exterior. As for replacements, I wouldn't put DD or DVDPlanet in the Amazon's category for ease of customer service but I would say I've never been disappointed. They don't always provide much in notification but they cover shipping back and have always sent out a replacement.

Barnes and Noble was a different story. They pack DVD's like books in bigger then necessary boxes with a simple air cushion sitting at the top. I ordered both season's of Rome and they were sliding all over the place inseide the box. No wonder several disks were floaters and and rings were broken inside. Thinking it might be convenient I called the store to see if I could make an exchange. They said sure bring them by. It wasn't until I got there that they said I'd have to pay the difference between online and store prices to the tune of $50 a season, up from $32 online. As for shipping the old copies back I had to wait a week for them to send me a simple label that could have been sent in an email. In the end it worked out but for a big chain with typically higher prices I expected better.
Old 07-31-08, 07:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by visitor Q
Yeah I hear their sense of customer service pretty much blows. It's nice that they are polite on the phone and leave an impression that they care. Then I suppose they punch the numbers into the ol' computer and just ship another, when really, they should ensure the next package is like fort knox in a box. This is where it fails.

Anyway, I probably wouldn't worry about a refund. I had the same problem with a 4 disc set recently. Both arrived with "floaters" and plastic bits bouncing around. The outside packaging appeared fine. Makes me think they kick around the DVD sets around the warehouse and package them off hoping that no one will notice. I say this only because I saw what was inside - absolutely terrible condition. So I opened both and took the best cases/discs/boxes what have you and sent the rest back. Sure enough I was not billed for the second set even though it was open.
That wouldn't have worked in my case because it was a 2 disc set & the last set I received & sent back BOTH discs were loose & scratched. By the sounds of this set I just received & sent right back for a refund, I think both discs were loose in this one too. Even if 1 disc were ok, the other 2 in the 1st set were not, so there was no switching to be done. It sucks because this Gilad set goes for $27 to $30 most places & I got it for $14 and change at DD. I think I'd rather pay the extra or just wait to get it some other time rather than wait another month for another set to be sent to me only to have that one damaged as well.