Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Prices: June 8 - June 14, 2008

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Prices: June 8 - June 14, 2008

Old 06-10-08, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know whats on the deluxe edition of The Signal? If the same features are on the Blu-Ray I will get that, otherwise I'll get the deluxe edition.
Old 06-10-08, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by speedy1961
Nice of you to say that I know my stuff.

In the latest Best Buy ad going up shortly, there appears to be a mis-price on a classic Popeye animation set so get ready folks.

(I already have the set and it's a gem).
hmmm...I was going to order this set before DDD's 20% sale ended, but now I eagerly await your posting. Thanks for the word Speedy!
Old 06-10-08, 11:41 AM

Thanks to Speedy and DVDtalk I also am an owner of Troy Ultimate Collector's Edition and a $30 gift card... the CSR on the phone said there were 3 mistakes in this weeks ad, but she didn't want to tell me what the other 2 mistakes were.
Old 06-10-08, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by tofferman
hmmm...I was going to order this set before DDD's 20% sale ended, but now I eagerly await your posting. Thanks for the word Speedy!

It's up in the Best Buy thread for 6/15 - 6/21
Old 06-10-08, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by micmac36
Thanks to Speedy and DVDtalk I also am an owner of Troy Ultimate Collector's Edition and a $30 gift card... the CSR on the phone said there were 3 mistakes in this weeks ad, but she didn't want to tell me what the other 2 mistakes were.

Excellent!
Old 06-10-08, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by cerial442
Does anyone know whats on the deluxe edition of The Signal? If the same features are on the Blu-Ray I will get that, otherwise I'll get the deluxe edition.
The exclusive second disc states it has the following:

The History of The Signal Crew
From Idea to Screenplay
Shooting the Signal
The Weapons and Visual Effects of Terminus
Sundance and Beyond....

The first Best Buy I stop by today sold out...I found one at the second BB, I had the cashier price match Circuit City for $13.99, she didn't even question the fact that it was a Best Buy Exclusive..
Old 06-10-08, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
I couldn't find any listing for the Buy 2 Get 1 Free Blu-ray list in the store, but it appears to be online here:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage...&type=category

Not a very good selection or prices.
Old 06-10-08, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't figure this was worth a thread of it's own, but if you signed up for the Reward Zone Racing Club you get quadruple points (quintuple points with a Reward Zone Mastercard) on all purchases until June 15th, thanks to Kasey Kahne winning this weekend.
Old 06-10-08, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I think corporate is finally getting smart; the signs for the $6.99 DVDs say save $8.

I found a copy of Zodiac DC on the shelf next to the sign (no single discs), and would have gotten it for $6.99 until they went back and double checked the sign and figured it was a different edition because of the save $8 marking.
Old 06-11-08, 04:03 PM
Cool New Member

Can someone explain the differences between the Troy directors cut 2 disc and the Troy ultimate directors cut 2 disc in the Best Buy ad.
The one I saw at Best Buy was the gold cover 2 disc directors cut that included the 196 Min. unrated directors cut. I bought it as it was the only version they had.

I looked on amazon and they show the gold cover as R rated but it isn't.
http://www.amazon.com/Troy-Directors-Cut-Ultimate-Collectors/dp/B000TGJ8IU

and gold cover

http://www.amazon.com/Troy-Directors...3217501&sr=1-2

Thanks

Nevermind I found this:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/troy8.html

"additional "Art of Troy" photo book, behind the scenes photos, and select pages from the shooting script of the Academy Award nominated director."

At least the film and extras are the same.

Last edited by keys88; 06-11-08 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-11-08, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by micmac36
i saw a couple corrections where all the ads are. i think they were about geek squad installations on hdtvs.

i took troy up to the register and they had to call a supervisor who wasnt going to give it to me. he called someone in media to bring the troy pictured in the ad and after a couple minutes of waiting he just gave it to me for that price. i wanted to see his reaction when the other guy brought up the one i had lol
Old 06-12-08, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got Troy UE for $6.99 last night after a quick price correction. Sounded as if they'd done the correction a few times, no questions asked. Cool!
Old 06-12-08, 11:46 AM

fuck am i the only one who didnt get anything.
Old 06-12-08, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I called 1800BESTBUY after the hassle I received on Sunday, They filed a report, and no matter what I said they didn't offer a giftcard.
Old 06-12-08, 11:56 PM

I went to two BestBuys and called the 1800# and I Still haven't been able to get Troy or a gift card. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to skip this deal.