Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '08

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '08

Old 06-02-08, 08:10 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WTK
It's really up to you. If you can afford it and don't mind the initial 3 sub releases, you might want to get it. If you have other priorities (anime or otherwise), then you might want to wait for the dub release possibly earlier next year (or maybe late this year).
Well, see, heres the thing. I get my anime with the artboxes (if possible) and im very particular about the special editions I chose from. How Am i suppose to know which release to obtain, The bandai, or the ADV one? (Does anyone have the specifics of the two releases? I barely got into the series, so I wasnt aware of anything when it actually happened)
Old 06-02-08, 08:18 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 411 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by ihavenolife123
Well, see, heres the thing. I get my anime with the artboxes (if possible) and im very particular about the special editions I chose from. How Am i suppose to know which release to obtain, The bandai, or the ADV one? (Does anyone have the specifics of the two releases? I barely got into the series, so I wasnt aware of anything when it actually happened)
ADV Films no longer has the rights to Gurren Lagann. It now belongs to Bandai Entertainment. BEI wants to get this series out ASAP (w/o dubs for the time being). There will three group of releases. The first one will have 9 episodes in 2-Discs (it also has a SE option with a soundtrack). This will be released on 7/8/08. The next release (don't if there will be a SE or not) will be released in August and the next one in September. These sub only releases won't have artboxes. The dubbed releases that will be released early next year (possibly late this year) is reported to have an artbox release with the SE. Until more concrete information comes out it may be subjected to change.
Old 06-02-08, 08:54 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by WTK
ADV Films no longer has the rights to Gurren Lagann. It now belongs to Bandai Entertainment. BEI wants to get this series out ASAP (w/o dubs for the time being). There will three group of releases. The first one will have 9 episodes in 2-Discs (it also has a SE option with a soundtrack). This will be released on 7/8/08. The next release (don't if there will be a SE or not) will be released in August and the next one in September. These sub only releases won't have artboxes. The dubbed releases that will be released early next year (possibly late this year) is reported to have an artbox release with the SE. Until more concrete information comes out it may be subjected to change.
Thanks for the info, WTK.
Whick release are you looking out for? (Do you even like spiral power?)
Old 06-02-08, 08:58 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by ihavenolife123
Thanks for the info, WTK.Whick release are you looking out for? (Do you even like spiral power?)
I originally pre-ordered the ADV release from TRSI during a studio sale. I was able to swap it out with Vol.1 SE. I will be getting all three sub releases. I will also be watching GL on the Sci-Fi Channel starting July 28th. If I like it enough, I may even consider on double dipping when the dub releases come out.
Old 06-03-08, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sold! Thanks as always.
Old 06-03-08, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
come on amazon work with me! I need DBZ Season 5 to get to this price too! That's the only thing keeping me from it
Old 06-03-08, 07:58 AM
WTK

Walmart.com
Old 06-03-08, 08:03 AM
WTK

BuyRiteDVD.com | ANIME SECTION
Total Product: 200

Last edited by WTK; 06-22-08 at 01:55 AM.
Old 06-03-08, 08:04 AM
WTK

DeepDiscount.com Update

Last edited by WTK; 06-22-08 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-03-08, 08:06 AM
WTK

FYE.com Update

N/A

Last edited by WTK; 06-30-08 at 01:03 AM.
Old 06-03-08, 08:07 AM
WTK

WalMart.com Update

Last edited by WTK; 06-30-08 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-03-08, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm interested in the series "Flag", but I was considering holding out for a thinpak set. Does Bandai have a history of releasing thinpak sets, or should I start grabbing the volumes now?
Thanks!
Old 06-03-08, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Overpar
Hey guys,
I'm interested in the series "Flag", but I was considering holding out for a thinpak set. Does Bandai have a history of releasing thinpak sets, or should I start grabbing the volumes now?
Thanks!
They will probably release an Anime Legends set for it sometime in the near future. It'll be in a multi-case though. Bandai doesn't do thinpaks.
Old 06-03-08, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chronoclast
They will probably release an Anime Legends set for it sometime in the near future. It'll be in a multi-case though. Bandai doesn't do thinpaks.
Okay, thanks. They have a Blu-ray from Japan, but it doesn't have subs. I'll hold off for a bit.
Old 06-03-08, 08:17 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Overpar
Hey guys,
Thanks!
Originally Posted by chronoclast
BEI basically don't do thinpaks, but as far as I know they have done one release (it's OOP now).

Gundam, Mobile Suit Zeta Boxset (LE).
Old 06-04-08, 05:11 PM
WTK

Heads up:

FUNimation has made some changes to their upcoming Viridian complete collections. Starting with the Burst Angel VC release and onward, instead of the Viridian cardboard flip book style packaging, it will be changed to the thinpak format (like Fruits Basket, Lupin movie packs,...).
  • Burst Angel (Bakuretsu Tenshi): Complete Collection w/OVA (Viridian) - 6/10
  • Desert Punk: Complete Collection (Viridian) - 7/1
  • Rumbling Hearts: Complete Collection (Viridian) - 8/19
  • Samurai 7: Complete Collection (Viridian) - 7/1
Old 06-04-08, 06:22 PM
WTK

DeepDiscount.com 20% Off Sale - Potential Deals
Be sure to compare prices with DVDPlant.com as they are holding a mirroring sale!

ADV Films
Spoiler:

AnimEigo

AnimeWho
Spoiler:

Bandai Entertainment
Spoiler:

Bandai Visual USA
Spoiler:

Central Park Media
Spoiler:

Discotek Media
Spoiler:

FUNimation Entertainment
Spoiler:

Geneon Entertainment
Spoiler:

Manga Entertainment
Spoiler:

Media Blasters
Spoiler:

Nozomi Entertainment / The Right Stuf International

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Spoiler:

Viz Media
Spoiler:

Warner Home Video
Spoiler:

Last edited by WTK; 06-09-08 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-04-08, 07:08 PM

Awesome lists, thanks WTK!

I'm wondering whether I should order Rahxephon now or wait until the rerelease with the new box art. Is that the only thing different about the rerelease? It'd be nice if it included the movie too this time around.
Old 06-04-08, 07:16 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Digital Saint
Awesome lists, thanks WTK!

I'm wondering whether I should order Rahxephon now or wait until the rerelease with the new box art. Is that the only thing different about the rerelease? It'd be nice if it included the movie too this time around.
It looks like that RahXehphon collection (if it stands) won't be released in August.
Old 06-04-08, 07:36 PM
WTK

Fullmetal Alchemist, Burst Angel, Gunslinger Girl & Witchblade Limited-Edition Prints Now Available for Pre-Order
Posted on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Can't get enough of your favorite art from Fullmetal Alchemist, Burst Angel, Gunslinger Girl or Witchblade? FUNimation just unveiled plans to release four limited-edition prints from these series in August 2008. Only a limited quantity of each 16-by-20-inch print will be produced, and each print will be be individually numbered and autographed by the U.S. voice actors for its series, get in your pre-orders now!

- Fullmetal Alchemist: Only 250 total prints will be produced. Each will be signed by Vic Mignogna (Ed), Travis Willingham (Roy) and Caitlin Glass (Winry).
- Burst Angel: Only 100 total prints will be produced. Each will be signed by Monica Rial (Jo).
- Gunslinger Girl: Only 150 total prints will be produced. Each will be signed by Laura Bailey (Henrietta).
- Witchblade: Only 250 total prints will be produced. Each will be signed by Jamie Marchi (Masane).

More specs that apply to each of the four prints:

- Printed on Stipple Bright White Text 80# weight paper
- Securely shrink-wrapped to a solid backing prior to shipping for a shelf-ready display.
- Includes a Certificate of Authenticity
Old 06-04-08, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
It looks like that RahXehphon collection (if it stands) won't be released in August.
hmm so that release is basically in limbo? Or just moved back? To be honest the first time I even heard about a rerelease was from you in this thread. ^_^ lol I even tried to Google it to see if I could find more information but came up empty handed.

I don't know then, might be a good idea to just order it now...
Old 06-04-08, 08:13 PM
WTK

hmm so that release is basically in limbo? Or just moved back? To be honest the first time I even heard about a rerelease was from you in this thread. ^_^ lol I even tried to Google it to see if I could find more information but came up empty handed.

I don't know then, might be a good idea to just order it now...
It's not officially solicited, so you won't find any information online. Nothing is official until it's solicited. It may still happen, but we just don't know when.
Old 06-04-08, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
It's not officially solicited, so you won't find any information online. Nothing is official until it's solicited. It may still happen, but we just don't know when.
Ah, I see! lol I just assumed it was solicited. Thanks for clarifying, WTK! And thanks again for those lists, it must have took you a hell of a long time to set those up and we really appreciate it.

eh, I might just go ahead and order the RahXephon set. I've been waiting a really long time to get it...
Old 06-04-08, 08:35 PM
WTK

Ah, I see! lol I just assumed it was solicited. Thanks for clarifying, WTK! And thanks again for those lists, it must have took you a hell of a long time to set those up and we really appreciate it.
I actually started most of the list after last year's sale. It slowly accumulated over the months. The list will give people what some of the possible deals that can be had with this sale.
Old 06-05-08, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's time to make June the longest thread. First DD order in-

GetBackers - Seasons 1 & 2
$56.24
New 1 0 $56.24

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boys Be...
$24.90
New 1 0 $24.90

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ninja Nonsense - The Complete Collection
$49.82
New 1 0 $49.82

Total after discount applied--> $104.77.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.