DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Hellboy:DC (3 Discs) at Wal-mart for $9 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/532609-hellboy-dc-3-discs-wal-mart-%249.html)

Father Karras 05-30-08 01:05 PM

Hellboy:DC (3 Discs) at Wal-mart for $9

A local Wal-mart in my area has the Hellboy:Director's Cut 3 Disc Set for $9.00. They had 4-5 copies and I bought one. I thought this was a pretty good price even though I know other places have had it for sale at about this price or less in the past. I was poking around on-line and it seems that most retailers don't seem to even carry this version anymore. Too bad I couldn't get this version with the Hellboy bust...now that would have been a nice bargain.

Moleman1138 05-30-08 05:52 PM

We've had this deal since February and I definitely picked up on it.

zekeburger1979 05-31-08 12:36 AM

I'll have to check my local Wally World for this after work tomorrow.

alfonsosoriano 05-31-08 12:56 AM

I grabbed this for like ~$3 used the last time second spin had a 20%off+free shipping sale. Great deal. $9 ain't bad either.

zekeburger1979 06-01-08 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
I'll have to check my local Wally World for this after work tomorrow.

I remembered to stop in and look for this. I snagged a copy and there were 3 left. I have the 2-disc edition, so now I have 5 discs dedicated to this movie.

CombatCraig 06-02-08 06:23 AM

I'm going to check my Wally today or tomorrow.

If they don't have it would anyone be willing to pick one up for me? PM if you can.

Thanks!

*EDIT*

Wal-Mart.com looks like they only have the special edition for $9 http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/04...17_215X215.jpg

But is this thread talking about this version? http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA240_.jpg

Father Karras 06-02-08 07:03 AM

The 3 Disc Director's Cut pictured on the bottom (with the mostly red cover) is the version available in stores for $9 (this may be different on-line) and the one referenced in this thread.

CombatCraig 06-02-08 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Father Karras
The 3 Disc Director's Cut pictured on the bottom (with the mostly red cover) is the version available in stores for $9 (this may be different on-line) and the one referenced in this thread.

Great thanks so much!

If my Wal-Mart doesn't have it I don't know if it's worth risking ordering online in case it is just the wrong picture listed .

hiccup 06-02-08 04:41 PM

My Walmart had this set for this price. I noticed it probably a month ago, but thought it had been reported on DVDTalk. I paid $20 for this set since I'm such a huge Hellboy fan and of anything Hellboy related. This is really one of my favorite sets to come out for any movie. The DVD Commentaries are worth it alone.

Sammy Banderas 06-02-08 05:16 PM

Thanks for the heads up on this set! I stopped by my local Wal-Mart last night and bought the last copy they had!:) Thanks again for the tip everyone!

CombatCraig 06-03-08 06:08 AM

Picked up my copy this morning - they had several.

Thanks OP!

Snowmaker 07-09-08 08:05 AM

Picked one up this morning. They had several.

Kicker_of_Elves 07-09-08 09:47 AM

I picked it up for this price a few weeks ago. Great DVD set for a great price! :up:

iacon45 07-09-08 12:55 PM

Wal-Mart has the $9 3-disc edition in a special display featuring titles related to upcoming summer movies.

They also had a 2-pack of Hellboy Animated Sword of Storm and Blood and Iron for $10.

Snowmaker 07-09-08 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by iacon45
Wal-Mart has the $9 3-disc edition in a special display featuring titles related to upcoming summer movies.

They also had a 2-pack of Hellboy Animated Sword of Storm and Blood and Iron for $10.

Yeah, it was with the X-Files, Batman and new Mummy titles.

DVDGamer 07-09-08 06:07 PM

I was thinking of getting a copy since I bought the Collectible DVD Gift set at Sam's Club last year (3 disc edition with the Hellboy Figure) and haven't opened it til now. But then I checked the price I paid for the gift set then, and it was at $8.47. So couldn't get myself to buy one for $9 ;)

fumanstan 07-09-08 06:23 PM

How much different is the director's cut compared to the regular? The Blu-ray version is only the theatrical, right? Been thinking about watching this again because of the sequel but not sure which to possibly get.

Moleman1138 07-09-08 09:25 PM

I've only watched the DC and thought simply amazing.

story 07-09-08 09:46 PM

Nabbed one.

iacon45 07-09-08 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
How much different is the director's cut compared to the regular? The Blu-ray version is only the theatrical, right? Been thinking about watching this again because of the sequel but not sure which to possibly get.

It has a few little added scenes. The one that comes to mind is at the beginning when the doctors are examining Professor Broom.

NiCK Crush 07-09-08 11:41 PM

picked one up... i've never seen the film, but i've heard good enough things. Going to watch it Friday and then go see the sequel.

Snowmaker 07-10-08 03:19 PM

According to DVD Aficionado, this title said DISCONTINUED when I went to enter it in, so grab them while you can!

Roybq 07-10-08 03:42 PM

Thanks OP! I snagged the last one at my Wal-mart this morning. I'll be watching it before heading out to see the sequel tomorrow!

NC-36 07-10-08 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by iacon45

Got both. The animated Hellboy DVD's each come with a bonus 32-page comic. Nice find, iacon45.

My Walmart still had a lot of good deals on the $4 rack. I picked Daredevil: Director's Cut and The Princess Bride: Buttercup Edition (OOP 2 DVD SE).

Superman\S/ 07-10-08 09:33 PM

nice, picked this up today, thanks karras