$5.98 Universal HD-DVDs At Inetvideo

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

$5.98 Universal HD-DVDs At Inetvideo

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-08, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also got the international charge on my account. Small price to pay for a deal this good, but I still wish it didn't happen.
Old 06-12-08, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Wow... bilingual cases, hidden fees, high shipping. You guys will put up with a lot for a "bargain."
Old 06-12-08, 12:16 PM
Premium Member

Received 701 Likes on 466 Posts
Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Wow... bilingual cases, hidden fees, high shipping. You guys will put up with a lot for a "bargain."
Or in my case, no bilingual cases (that wouldn't bother me anyway), no hidden fees, and free shipping. Yeah, I put up with that.
Old 06-12-08, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by danicus007
I've used PayPal to pay on both of my orders and have had zero problems with payment or International Transaction Fees.
Same here. There were no problems at all. Both my orders have already shipped and the transactions seem to have gone smoothly.
Old 06-12-08, 12:40 PM

The bilingual cases on some of the titles are not a big deal for many buyers. I don't mind them. And replacement cover art is often available as a free download. The actual discs inside the cases are identical to the US releases.

The "hidden fees" are being charged by the buyer's credit card company, not iNetvideo. These fees, typically 1% to 3% of the total cost, can be avoided by paying through Paypal.

The recent free shipping promotion resulted in some incredible prices for new HD-DVDs. $5.99 shipped for brand new HD-DVDs? Where else can you find prices like that?

And there's no sales tax on these purchases.

Everyone will have to make their own call as to what constitutes a bargain. And I understand that not everyone is happy with the bilingual cover art. But, for me, this recent sale was absolutely a bargain.
Old 06-12-08, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
And not to sound overly defensive, but even with the high shipping fees ($4.95 for first title, $2.00 each additional), it's still a good deal if you buy more than 1 or 2. And when the deal started with ALL of the titles ringing-up for $5.99, it was quite easy to get 6-10 to dilute the shipping to 2.30-2.50 per title. Brand new HDs for under $8.50 apiece shipped = a slam dunk.
Old 06-12-08, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bob_F1
The "hidden fees" are being charged by the buyer's credit card company, not iNetvideo. These fees, typically 1% to 3% of the total cost, can be avoided by paying through Paypal.
If they are charging in CAD$, then Paypal will charge a conversion fee as well. The only way you won't pay a fee is if they charge in US$.
Old 06-12-08, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by kyle
If they are charging in CAD$, then Paypal will charge a conversion fee as well. The only way you won't pay a fee is if they charge in US$.
The free shipping promotion was run through their US site and the prices were in US dollars.
Old 06-12-08, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by danicus007
I've used PayPal to pay on both of my orders and have had zero problems with payment or International Transaction Fees.
I also used Paypal and there was no mention of any International Transaction Fee until it appeared on my bank account.
Old 06-12-08, 01:13 PM
Cool New Member

I tried everyway suggested on this thread as well as the one on the avs thread and did the live chat. Anyway was only going to order 7 or 8 titles and ended up getting them from deep discount for $9.50 a piece. I appreciate the help that everyone provides on these forums. Thanks
Old 06-12-08, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by TANK
I also used Paypal and there was no mention of any International Transaction Fee until it appeared on my bank account.
That's very interesting. I just checked my credit card online statement and there was no transaction fee charged. The total listed matched my iNetvideo invoice.

Did you use a bank account funded Paypal payment? Did the transaction fee show up as a standalone charge?
Old 06-12-08, 03:45 PM

Went through online chat and was told to resubmit my order and I wouldn't be charged shipping, even though it shows up on the page (was a cc error in the original order they never let me know about)......double checked to make sure NO shipping charges.

As I thought, this morning look up my credit card transactions......charged for shipping.

Hopefully they can straighten this up via email or something. I now love getting my customer support from India or the Philippines....as it seems they got more skills than Canadians
Old 06-12-08, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by mwcelentano
Went through online chat and was told to resubmit my order and I wouldn't be charged shipping, even though it shows up on the page (was a cc error in the original order they never let me know about)......double checked to make sure NO shipping charges.

As I thought, this morning look up my credit card transactions......charged for shipping.

Hopefully they can straighten this up via email or something. I now love getting my customer support from India or the Philippines....as it seems they got more skills than Canadians
Could you be charged the way I was charged? The discount applied on my items just fine, bit instead of subtracting from the shipping cost, it subtracted from the price of the HD-DVD's and then listed the shipping charge as normal. But everything in both orders was A-OK. They charged me the right amount both times.
Old 06-12-08, 04:55 PM

That's very interesting. I just checked my credit card online statement and there was no transaction fee charged. The total listed matched my iNetvideo invoice.

Did you use a bank account funded Paypal payment? Did the transaction fee show up as a standalone charge?
The Paypal total was one item and about 5 days later that fee was added as a different charge to the bank account.

I used my PayPal account which bills/uses my debit card from Bank Of America.
Old 06-12-08, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by TANK
The Paypal total was one item and about 5 days later that fee was added as a different charge to the bank account.

I used my PayPal account which bills/uses my debit card from Bank Of America.
Thanks for the additional information. What was the fee in percentage terms of your order total?
Old 06-12-08, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Well hearing about the bilingual cases plus inet's spamming of me with "payment not yet received" messages despite me sending them a message about it, I'm glad I didn't go through with the transaction. More for you guys!
Old 06-12-08, 05:53 PM
Banned

Order shipped, no charge to my card yet.
Old 06-12-08, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Bilingual cases aren't so bad. I actually thought they would be annoying, but now, I just glance over the font sizes and colors and I instantly know what movie I'm looking at. Not a big deal at all.

No hidden fees so far, and I've placed around 7 orders. Recently, I got free shipping on three orders, so the shipping wasn't high either. Also, no cases have been damaged in transit, which I'm surprised considering they only ship them in bubble mailers.

Overall, I'm significantly impressed. I can't explain why others have had problems, but considering the amount of orders they probably received, there were bound to be some who experienced problems.
Old 06-13-08, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the additional information. What was the fee in percentage terms of your order total?
Most banks charge 3% for international transactions. That's what my fee was (even though this shouldn't be considered international). Although I think it's ridiculous, since this was from their US website, an easy way to rationalize it to yourself is to say you paid 3% tax. It's cheaper than most state taxes. 3% isn't that bad...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 06-13-08 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-13-08, 04:55 PM

3% of the total was the amount of the fee.
Old 06-13-08, 05:10 PM

Thank you both for the info.
Old 06-13-08, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by GenPion
Could you be charged the way I was charged? The discount applied on my items just fine, bit instead of subtracting from the shipping cost, it subtracted from the price of the HD-DVD's and then listed the shipping charge as normal. But everything in both orders was A-OK. They charged me the right amount both times.
Nah, overall cost jumped by 20+ from 60 something, to 80 something.

Meh. still a good deal, but hopefully they can correct it. Got the few hd-dvd's that I was really wanting. We'll see.
Old 06-13-08, 06:54 PM

New Sale!!! they dropped a bunch of titles to 3.99 + 20%off ship starting today at 4pm to the 16th
Old 06-13-08, 07:10 PM

Sweet. Picked up a couple titles for the new sale. Thanks.
Old 06-13-08, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

The shipping kind of kills the deal though... the Free Shipping deal was better if there were enough titles for people to be interested in. Certainly, there was for me. I placed two very large orders with them. If the shipping was FREE or considerably cheaper I would buy Talk to Me but as it stands now the price is basically the same as it is on Deep Discount with the 20% off sale. In fact - it's even more expensive with Inetvideo if you pay for insurance. Go figure.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.