Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Buy National Treasure 1 & 2 (Blu-Ray) for $22.90 TOTAL (YMMV)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Buy National Treasure 1 & 2 (Blu-Ray) for $22.90 TOTAL (YMMV)

Old 05-22-08, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by bookcase3
I'm always instructed that I can do price matches only at customer service, not individual check-out lanes. So I'll stick with my Amazon $40 deal, which still isn't bad. $23 would be better, of course.
Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
Some BB try to do that with me every so often. They can do it at the check out counter. I have had them do it at check out 10x more than at the customer service line. Some people just dont know how to hit F2 or whatever it is to select Price Match in the system or dont want to.
The Best Buy I go to makes you go to the customer service desk to do price matches. It's actual policy, it seems. It's not that the cashier doesn't know how to do it and sends me there, they have signs up saying that you have to do it there. I don't mind a lot of times, since there's usually no one standing in line at customer service, but that also leads to no one actually being at customer service, and I have to wait on an employee to check me out.
Old 05-22-08, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sumdeus
Were you a PoliSci or Philosophy major in college? Check that...I bet you double majored in PoliSci and Philosophy
I never went to college. I was a poor guy who had to work for a living.
Old 05-22-08, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I did the entire sale at the register today and walked out with NT 1 & 2 for $19.99!!!! No problem at all...I was actually shocked by how easy it was. Very, very nice deal. Thanks OP!
Old 05-23-08, 12:24 PM

My local Bestbuy would not pricematch at all claiming it was a bundle and they do not pricematch value bundles.

Does anyone know if Target sells this in-store at the online price?

I would be happy to get it at that price and then just use the coupon.
Old 05-23-08, 05:06 PM

I was lucky enough to get the combination of pushover management and incompetent employee to come together in a super deal. My customer service told me the same thing about matching a package deal, but when I called the management older and asked why every price match I have tried doing in the past three months had been denied. They agreed to match the Target ad and entered their override code at the register. The woman running the register than proceeded to give me both discs for $15 each!! The register took of $5 per disc for buying both and then she manually entered the $10 upgrade coupon.

All said, I got both movies for $11.62 after tax. Now I can send in my NT1 DVD proof and reduce the overall cost to $1.62!!
Old 05-23-08, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dagarcia123
I was lucky enough to get the combination of pushover management and incompetent employee to come together in a super deal. My customer service told me the same thing about matching a package deal, but when I called the management older and asked why every price match I have tried doing in the past three months had been denied. They agreed to match the Target ad and entered their override code at the register. The woman running the register than proceeded to give me both discs for $15 each!! The register took of $5 per disc for buying both and then she manually entered the $10 upgrade coupon.

All said, I got both movies for $11.62 after tax. Now I can send in my NT1 DVD proof and reduce the overall cost to $1.62!!
You are a Golden God
Old 05-23-08, 08:35 PM

Many thanks to the OP!
I just got back from Best Buy and got both these movies for $20.00

I brought in a printout of the Wal Mart page, the coupon, and the Original Poster's reciept. When he said he couldn't "double stack" discounts, I showed him the reciept and said, "Well they did it on this reciept."

The next thing I knew, it was a done deal.