DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Some good 7.50 Double Features deals @ Walmart (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/531609-some-good-7-50-double-features-deals-%40-walmart.html)

Paul1957 05-15-08 01:01 PM

Some good 7.50 Double Feature deals @ Walmart

Stop by Walmart today for work and saw this display for these double features, no fullscreens all anamorphic widescreens all 7.50. Quite a few had extras also. I had a notepad with me so I jotted down some notes, now if I can read my own writing. here's what I saw:

Relic/Pet Cemetary Two
My Bloody Valentine/April Fools Day
Undefeated/North to Alaska
Magnificent 7/The Alamo (John Wayne)
Street Smart/Code of Silence
Drop Zone/Hard Rain
Quigley Down Under/Rob Roy
Nobody's Fool/Fat Man and Little Boy
Be Cool/Get Shorty
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels/Kingpin
Against the Ropes/Necessary Roughness
Beauty Shop/Legally Blonde
He Said She Said/Just a Kiss

I grabbed the two Horror sets
As always YMMV

An4h0ny 05-15-08 01:16 PM

thx i wouldn't mind picking up

also thx for noting that these are wide and not full

important detail

jwilson813 05-15-08 10:09 PM

Ymmv

Originally Posted by Paul1957
Stop by Walmart today for work and saw this display for these double features, no fullscreens all anamorphic widescreens all 7.50. Quite a few had extras also. I had a notepad with me so I jotted down some notes, now if I can read my own writing. here's what I saw:

Relic/Pet Cemetary Two
Undefeated/North to Alaska
Magnificent 7/The Alamo (John Wayne)
Street Smart/Code of Silence
Drop Zone/Hard Rain
Quigley Down Under/Rob Roy
Nobody's Fool/Fat Man and Little Boy
Be Cool/Get Shorty
Against the Ropes/Necessary Roughness
Beauty Shop/Legally Blonde
He Said She Said/Just a Kiss

I grabbed the two Horror sets
As always YMMV

I know I am out of the loop but I have been trying to figure out what YMMV stands for. Please explain so I can stop racking my brain.

Thanks.

jwilson1943

Gizmo 05-15-08 10:14 PM

April Fools Day combo for me...was just looking on Amazon to buy this. Only problem is I have to go to Wal-Mart...ugh.

An4h0ny 05-15-08 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by jwilson813
I know I am out of the loop but I have been trying to figure out what YMMV stands for. Please explain so I can stop racking my brain.

Thanks.

jwilson1943

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=YMMV

Al_Tahoe 05-15-08 10:27 PM

Thanks for the post, Paul. I'm assuming that Nobody's Fool is the version with Rosanna Arquette , and NOT the Paul Newman movie. Is that correct?

Paul1957 05-15-08 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe
Thanks for the post, Paul. I'm assuming that Nobody's Fool is the version with Rosanna Arquette , and NOT the Paul Newman movie. Is that correct?

No It's the Paul Newman film a combo with Fat Man and Little Boy

sleepydumbdude 05-16-08 09:05 AM

Ughh I hate when they pair a sequel with another movie (pet Semetary 2 and relic)
anyways I might pick up the get shorty be cool pack. I already had Be Cool but want Get shorty. Might go out and take a look at the others because many of these I have never heard of.

jgorow 05-16-08 09:35 AM

I picked up a Rodney Dangerfield double feature for 7.50 at walmart. Easy Money and Back to School, both in widescreen. an even better deal they had was the 4 movie packs for I believe they were 10.99. I picked up one with all 4 Lethal Weapons, an a 4 pack of Christopher Lee dracula movies. as good as Gary Oldman's dracula was, Chistopher Lee will allways be dracula to me.

Ecthelion 05-16-08 10:19 AM

Are these on one disc (most likely a flipper), or two?

acdcrocks1980 05-16-08 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ecthelion
Are these on one disc (most likely a flipper), or two?

I got a Lethal Weapon set for around 10-15 in Nov. last year, I would assume its the same set as the one on sale, and it had 2 flipper discs, and it believe it was just the old Directer's Cut releases on 2 flippers instead of 4 single sided discs.

Paul1957 05-16-08 06:24 PM

Anyone wanting the classic MGM westerns that came out this week Walmart has some of these in 2 packs for $10.00., each movie has it's own case. I grabbed The Westerner/Man Of The West. Also saw Man With The Gun/The Way West. Looks like a fathers day special they come in a box that says My Dad Rocks It Like... a Cowboy.

Spiral Staircase 05-16-08 07:27 PM

Anyone wanting the classic MGM westerns that came out this week Walmart has some of these in 2 packs for $10.00., each movie has it's own case. I grabbed The Westerner/Man Of The West. Also saw Man With The Gun/The Way West. Looks like a fathers day special they come in a box that says My Dad Rocks It Like... a Cowboy.

That is great to know. Thanks for posting. I have been looking for a good deal on The Westerner and Man of the West.

Paul1957 05-16-08 08:29 PM

A small correction they don't come in a box just two overlays covering the 2 cases, and I think these two (Westerner/Man of the West)are the best of the westerns released this week.

Silverscreenvid 05-18-08 09:27 AM

Wish I'd seen that before I put in the order on the DD sale.

BobSchlapowitz 05-18-08 07:35 PM

I picked up The Perfect Storm/Three Kings and A Few Good Men/Jerry Maguire for $7.50 each.

Perfect Storm/Three Kings is a single flipper, the other has the movies on two seperate discs.

tonyc3742 05-18-08 07:46 PM

I'll have to look for
My Bloody Valentine/April Fools Day.
(Also, my understanding of the term "YMMV" has now been expanded. Unfortunately I am not the richer for that.)

cdmac2007 05-18-08 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Silverscreenvid
Wish I'd seen that before I put in the order on the DD sale.

I've been to two stores and they had a lot of these two pack, but not the Westerns... so don't be too bummed :)

djskyler 05-18-08 08:29 PM

With the western packs, I also saw a 4-pack of all four Magnificent Seven films for $19.99

The Magnificent Seven (1960)
Return of the Seven (1966)
Guns of the Magnificent Seven (1969)
The Magnificent Seven Ride! (1972)

Paul1957 05-18-08 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by cdmac2007
I've been to two stores and they had a lot of these two pack, but not the Westerns... so don't be too bummed :)

The MGM Western 2 packs I found were at a supercenter, not sure which Walmart's you checked out but maybe only the supercenters have them.