DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Best Buy Online Offer: 2fer $30 on Blu-Ray Disc (40 Titles) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/531304-best-buy-online-offer-2fer-%2430-blu-ray-disc-40-titles.html)

iNCREDiPiNOY 05-11-08 03:49 AM

Best Buy Online Offer: 2fer $30 on Blu-Ray Disc (40 Titles)

Credit Goes To jr53142 from Blu-Ray.com! :clap:

There are few titles listed as $17.99* and more titles listed as $19.99.
Limit 1 2fer $30 per order. There's something wrong with the cart, if you're want to order more than 1 2fer.

28 Days Later
50 First Dates
Appleseed Ex Machina
Behind Enemies Line
Black Hawk Down
Blade Runner
Bram Stroker's Dracula
Con Air
Crimson Tide
Departed, The
Donnie Brasco
Fantastic Four
Few Good Men, A
Gattaca
Good Fellas
Happy Feet
Hellboy
Hitch
Hostel
Knight's Tale, A
Legend of Zorro, The
Memoirs of Geisha
Pan's Labyrinth
Patriot, The
Punisher, The*
Remember the Titans (Free Ticket to see The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and the Voyage of the Dawn Treader)
Rent
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Rock
Rookie, The
Scary Movie
Stargate*
Tears of the Sun
Terminator 2: Judgement Day*
Total Recall*
Transporter, The
Troy

You could always order online and get in store pickup.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

indianajmb 05-11-08 07:21 AM

some great deals in there. Too bad I already own all the ones that I would want.

Blade Runner, Pan's Labrynth, Troy, Departed? Awesome prices.

kyle 05-11-08 08:00 AM

yeah--own most of that list already, would get The Rookie if there was something else I wanted since I could get the $10 upgrade rebate.

GogoTheMimic 05-11-08 08:25 AM

Hmm, everything I want I already have in standard def. Not sure if it's worth dropping $100+ to upgrade some movies I don't watch very often haha

JackBurton 05-11-08 08:57 AM

Thanks OP! Picked up the Blade Runner set & Gattaca.

B5Erik 05-11-08 09:42 AM

Nice. I just ordered Goodfellas and Troy. (I have to pay tax with the in-store pickup, but that's $4 less than the shipping, so that's not bad...)

CapRockBrewingCo. 05-11-08 10:04 AM

Nice find! Definitely getting The Rock, but still deciding on the other one.

Bacon 05-11-08 12:42 PM

insane shipping and tax wipes out any savings :down:

thanks anyway

m0vi3fan 05-11-08 12:56 PM

Anyone know if this deal is in store and not just online?

PGHFlyer 05-11-08 01:08 PM

Great deal - just ordered Blade Runner ($27.95 at Amazon) and Pan's ($24.95 at Amazon) for $31.80 after tax with in-store pickup!

CapRockBrewingCo. 05-11-08 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by m0vi3fan
Anyone know if this deal is in store and not just online?

Use in-store pickup. It's much less than shipping.

TheJoker 05-11-08 02:45 PM

Maybe this will work in store as well?

There doesnt seem to be anything that says online only....

Gizmo 05-11-08 04:06 PM

Picked up Fantastic Four and Gattaca. Not bad for $30.

Faust 05-11-08 04:25 PM

Thx you much!!

iNCREDiPiNOY 05-11-08 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by TheJoker
Maybe this will work in store as well?

There doesnt seem to be anything that says online only....

Yes somebody confirmed that this offer does work in-store, cuz the offer is in the system.

laidbacklarkin 05-11-08 06:52 PM

In for

Pan's Labyrinth
Blade Runner

then to fleabay PL as I already have it on HD-DVD.

EDIT: Went to pick up my order. BladeRunner had a floater. Refused it and asked for a replacement. Lady said someone (a jerk) had ordered 6 and they had just fulfilled that order and so didn't have any more. Got a raincheck instead.

hellmutt 05-12-08 12:05 AM

Wow, a pretty good deal, and I can't find anything worth buying. Turns out I already own 95% of these on DVD, the best of which are on Blu-Ray... And I can't justify the $30 for a couple of replacements. Got real excited though! Great post op, thanks.

TabascoKid 05-12-08 12:16 AM

The deal is in store as well. Picked up Crimson Tide, Donnie Brasco, The Patriot, and Memoirs of a Geisha today.

TK

hellmutt 05-12-08 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by hellmutt
Wow, a pretty good deal, and I can't find anything worth buying. Turns out I already own 95% of these on DVD, the best of which are on Blu-Ray... And I can't justify the $30 for a couple of replacements. Got real excited though! Great post op, thanks.

Hmm. I take that back, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a couple of movies Hitch and Remember the Titans. Remember the Titans chosen not only for the sale but also because of the free $10 movie ticket to Prince Caspian, as well as the 125 Disney movie reward points... And they'll ship you the ticket for free if you do in store pickup on the other two.

blackchubby 05-12-08 01:14 AM

Last month Amazon had the deal Buy 2, Get 1 Free on Pan's Labyrinth, Blade Runner, etc. Anyways, I don't remember, is this a better deal?

hellmutt 05-12-08 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by blackchubby
Last month Amazon had the deal Buy 2, Get 1 Free on Pan's Labyrinth, Blade Runner, etc. Anyways, I don't remember, is this a better deal?

This is similar ballpark. During that sale, Pan was $24.95 and Blade Runner was $27.95. Throw in a third for free, and you're talking $53 for 3. If you had the 10% off deal, then ~$45. If you had the amazon $5 off promo, you could go as low as about $40.

If you don't believe it...:

1 of: Pan's Labyrinth [Blu-ray] [Blu-ray]
By: Ivana Baquero (Actor), et al
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
$24.95

1 of: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix [Blu-ray] [Blu-ray]
By: Daniel Radcliffe (Actor), et al
$24.95

1 of: Blade Runner (Five-Disc Complete Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] [Blu-ray]
By: Harrison Ford (Actor), et al
$27.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item(s) Subtotal: $77.85
Shipping & Handling: $4.96
Promotional Certificate: -$7.79
Super Saver Discount: -$4.96
Promotion Applied: -$24.95
-----
Total Before Tax: $45.11
Sales tax: $0.00

Shagrath 05-12-08 11:06 AM

Just got my PS3 last week, so this deal came in at just the right time. I said I wouldn't double-dip too many titles, but we all know how that goes when you get some new tech.

Double-Dips
Pan's Labyrinth
Hellboy
Terminator 2
The Usual Suspects
The Rock

Blind Buys
Gattaca

I know some of them were cheaper on Amazon, but it all balanced out. I think Amazon would've been about $125 for the 6, and BB was $95 after tax.

DirkBelig 05-12-08 12:26 PM

Oh, man, I miss The Rock when it came out, but now there really isn't a 2nd title I want other than (maybe) Terminator 2 (since I've bought every other darn version).

iNCREDiPiNOY 05-12-08 05:38 PM

Updated

Buy "Remember the Titans & other item" and get a Free Ticket to see The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and the Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Chew 05-13-08 06:54 AM

Picked up: Pan's Labyrinth and Blade Runner :)