Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

A lot of Blu-Ray titles on Amazon just dropped $2-$3

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 04-30-08, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of Blu-Ray titles on Amazon just dropped $2-$3 (maybe to match the buy.com prices?)

Items I noticed were Short Circuit, Weeds S3, Mad Men S1, Robin Hood S1, but it looked like a lot of other titles also dropped from what I remember them being.
Old 05-01-08, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for the heads up. I put in for a refund request on a recent order for a Blu-ray title that dropped in price. Also I cancelled my Dirty Harry Collection order and placed a new one since it had a $4 price drop. Luckily I was able to reuse the $5 coupon again I had on the first order before it expires.
Old 05-01-08, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
Tons of titles dropped $1-$4....I have a small list over in the HD Talk forum.
Old 05-01-08, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Also I cancelled my Dirty Harry Collection order and placed a new one since it had a $4 price drop. Luckily I was able to reuse the $5 coupon again I had on the first order before it expires.
With their pre-order guarantee, you don't have to do that. They will change the price in your order automatically.
Old 05-01-08, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
With their pre-order guarantee, you don't have to do that. They will change the price in your order automatically.
I have never seen them adjust automatically, so now I usually just use the contact form to have them fix the price. I've also found that when you use coupons and a price drops, sometimes the coupon is lost when they try to fix the price.
Old 05-01-08, 08:47 AM

Golden Compass also went down $2, I notice.
Old 05-01-08, 10:24 AM

Superbad dropped $10, it's at $19.99 now.
Old 05-01-08, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GogoTheMimic
Superbad dropped $10, it's at $19.99 now.
If you want that title, I would hop on it in the next couple of days. Amazon is matching the Best Buy weekly sale on this title. Best Buy has it for $29.99 with a $10 gift card. Amazon just took the $10 off in lieu of a gift card.
Old 05-01-08, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
may have to jump on Weeds season 3, just picked up the first 2 in the B2G1.
Old 05-01-08, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
It was easier to cancel and place a new order instead of waiting for Amazon. My order is not due to ship for about a month and this might be only a temporary price drop. Also since I had a coupon and 10% discount applied I'm not certain if I would automatically get the pre-order guarantee.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 05-01-08 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-01-08, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 85 Posts
Wow, Short Circuit is really cheap. But I'm gonna wait for a review of the transfer before jumping on board.
Old 05-01-08, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sauce07
may have to jump on Weeds season 3, just picked up the first 2 in the B2G1.
Too bad the price drop no longer makes it free shipping.

I'm gonna hold off and wait for a serious sale like the one J&R's had for S1 & 2 ~ $30 for both.
Old 05-01-08, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Too bad the price drop no longer makes it free shipping.

I'm gonna hold off and wait for a serious sale like the one J&R's had for S1 & 2 ~ $30 for both.
I had pre-ordered Weeds S3 with the free shipping, and sent an email notifying them of the price drop. They gave me the lower price and did NOT charge me for shipping even though the price is now below the $25 minimum. Another reason I love Amazon.
Old 05-01-08, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
It was easier to cancel and place a new order instead of waiting for Amazon. My order is not due to ship for about a month and this might be only a temporary price drop. Also since I had a coupon and 10% discount applied I'm not certain if I would automatically get the pre-order guarantee.
You don't have to "wait" for Amazon. They have info about their pre-order price gaurantee linked to just about every DVD/Blu-Ray release. They only charge you whatever the lowest price was between the time you ordered it and the time it ships. You don't have to do anything. It's automatic.
Old 05-01-08, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BrandonJF
You don't have to "wait" for Amazon. They have info about their pre-order price gaurantee linked to just about every DVD/Blu-Ray release. They only charge you whatever the lowest price was between the time you ordered it and the time it ships. You don't have to do anything. It's automatic.
It's not automatic, at least not for me. I've pre-ordered a DVD in the past where the price had dropped by a couple of dollars before it shipped. They charged me the full amount at the time that I had placed the order. However, Amazon is great about granting price adjustments. I sent them a quick email and they refunded the difference pronto.
Old 05-01-08, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BrandonJF
But does this also work on orders with other discounts involved? So far Amazon hasn't changed a single order that dropped in price for me. I usually have to contact them. Anyway it only took a few minutes to cancel and place a new order. Seemed it was the quickest and easiest way to get a price adjustment for the situation.