Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

I Am Legend Blu-Ray - $18.95 on Amazon! HOT!!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

I Am Legend Blu-Ray - $18.95 on Amazon! HOT!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-08, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've learned with the Amazon (HOT) sales that you should strike first and think later, otherwise the price goes up. I ordered it, even though I didn't see it in the theaters and promised myself I would not make any more blind buys. I hope it's good...
Old 03-16-08, 05:15 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
Considering every B&M is selling this for $29.99, i think it's considered Hot.
But that's the problem that people are buying into, and sadly are accepting.

$29.99 is just insane. This price is back down to where it should be starting, IMO.
Old 03-16-08, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Price comparisons I noticed before I purchased (for anyone that cares):
(Overstock was the cheapest I could find for a preorder)

Best Buy has it for $27.99 in store (I know some people just love to shop B&M)
Overstock has it for $18.91
Amazon has it for $18.95
DeepDiscount has it for $24.85

Originally Posted by The Cow

$29.99 is just insane. This price is back down to where it should be starting, IMO.
Well, I am glad to see even though I am in the minority evidently, at least I am not alone. Oh, and I was not solely counting on BOGO to keep my average so low, I just shopped carefully and used discretion in my purchasing - if you wait a few weeks sites like mjentertainment.net and others price HD discs much better. I have purchased exactly 4 movies B&M since I went HD 18 months ago (I have 165 titles) because the prices in stores are absurd.
Old 03-16-08, 06:35 PM

Anyone have an idea when Amazon will ship it out? I'm guessing they ship on Tuesday? Usually takes a good 4-5 days from Amazon. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth it or just pick it up on Tuesday.
Old 03-16-08, 06:48 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Mike2,

Amazon typically ships HD/BR movies on Monday. At least they have with my 60-70 or so "release date" movies.
Old 03-16-08, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't think it's a problem. It makes perfect sense for High Def versions to be slightly more expensive then their Standard Def counterparts as far as the market goes. Obviously I don't want to pay that much, but I also don't see how some consumers would sit around expecting to pay $14.99 new release prices like regular DVD's. A price that's lower then the 2-Disc SD counterpart is Hot to me.

Of course, i'm in the camp that thinks that prices are going to remain on the high side and the deals over the last few months were due to the format war and won't be typical in the long run.
Old 03-16-08, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Also jumped, since I got a PS3 Sunday (!!!!!). I've been ordering from Amazon a lot lately, and the last two orders they shipped out and get there on release day (Into the Wild, No Country and Gattaca) with Super Saver Shipping. But they'll have to do better if I Am Legend is to get here this week!
Old 03-16-08, 09:16 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
I don't think it's a problem. It makes perfect sense for High Def versions to be slightly more expensive then their Standard Def counterparts as far as the market goes. Obviously I don't want to pay that much, but I also don't see how some consumers would sit around expecting to pay $14.99 new release prices like regular DVD's. A price that's lower then the 2-Disc SD counterpart is Hot to me.

Of course, i'm in the camp that thinks that prices are going to remain on the high side and the deals over the last few months were due to the format war and won't be typical in the long run.
Ah, okay.

I guess it's because my thinking that the prices will and should go lower. The software is what will make or break the format (titles and price). Maybe that's just my hope, but to build on the DVD base, there has to be a lot of bones thrown, and especially on new titles.

And trust me I know and understand the pricing and have bought into paying too much, I still have 300+ Laserdiscs and thats after selling a bunch, heh.
Old 03-17-08, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Ah, okay.

I guess it's because my thinking that the prices will and should go lower. The software is what will make or break the format (titles and price). Maybe that's just my hope, but to build on the DVD base, there has to be a lot of bones thrown, and especially on new titles.

And trust me I know and understand the pricing and have bought into paying too much, I still have 300+ Laserdiscs and thats after selling a bunch, heh.
Makes sense. I hope it happens, but I'm afraid studios won't see it that way.

Anyway, got an email saying it shipped just now.
Old 03-17-08, 03:29 PM

Yep, just got the email awhile ago saying mine had shipped out. With a little luck, I may see it tomorrow, since sometimes with Prime's 2-day shipping they get it to me here in a day (but it's rare).