Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) 20% off + free shipping @ secondspin.com (dies and comes alive often)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) 20% off + free shipping @ secondspin.com (dies and comes alive often)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-08, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts
I finally received my first item from the 25% off + free shipping sale. 4 days shy of a month to get here, and with postage indicating it went through Sweden... The paperwork with it indicates it shipped USPS Surface/Nonpriority on 6/12/2008. It apparently shipped from Carson Distribution in Carson, CA.

I just don't get it. Oh well, at least it has arrived, and is in good condition. Hopefully the remaining items I've ordered will do the same.
Old 07-07-08, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I received my order today that I placed a couple weeks ago. This was my first time purchasing from secondspin.com. I ordered seven discs, two came brand new. All the DVDs were in great condition, but three of the cases did have broken hubs.

All in all a good experience and I'll probably buy from them again. Thanks to all who posted the codes in this thread.
Old 07-07-08, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I placed an order last night just before the sale ended. 16 titles total with an average cost of $2.9x. I've always been happy with CDs from them so I figured I'd give their DVDs a shot.
Old 07-07-08, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I know I'm a little late but this is what I got from the recent SS sale....

Order # 1
Never Say Never Again
Order Total: $5.33

Order # 2
Gunmen
29 Palms
Order Total: $4.29

Order # 3
Last Boy Scout
Order Total: $3.81

Order # 4
Vice Squad
Exterminator
Order Total: $11.51
Old 07-07-08, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
I placed an order last night just before the sale ended. 16 titles total with an average cost of $2.9x. I've always been happy with CDs from them so I figured I'd give their DVDs a shot.
Care to post what you got? I'm always looking for cheap recommendations for the next time this sale rolls around.
Old 07-07-08, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by andicus
I finally received my first item from the 25% off + free shipping sale. 4 days shy of a month to get here, and with postage indicating it went through Sweden... The paperwork with it indicates it shipped USPS Surface/Nonpriority on 6/12/2008. It apparently shipped from Carson Distribution in Carson, CA.

I just don't get it. Oh well, at least it has arrived, and is in good condition. Hopefully the remaining items I've ordered will do the same.
Exact same situation for me, shipped on the 12th from California. Went to Sweden for some reason and finally arrived today. I've tried to contact them about this situation before but they don't seem to give a damn.
Old 07-07-08, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by alfonsosoriano
Care to post what you got? I'm always looking for cheap recommendations for the next time this sale rolls around.
Sure. Nothing too exciting though. A few of the movies I'm not real sure about, but when they're $2.99 before all the discounts it's hard to pass up if I've got even a mild interest in seeing them. I actually had a lot more to begin with, but since I've never bought used DVDs from Second Spin I stuck to only the cheapest of the cheap, that way if I'm not satisfied with the quality I'm not really out much.

The Black Dahlia
Chris Rock: Bigger and Blacker
D.L. Hughley Live
Hellboy: Sword of Storms
The Longest Yard
Man of the Year
March of the Penguins
My Super Ex-Girlfriend
No Doubt: Rocksteady Live
SNL: Best of Chris Rock
SNL: Best of Dana Carvey
SNL: Best of Molly Shannon
SNL: Best of Steve Martin
SNL: Best of Tracy Morgan
Stripes
Young Guns II
Old 07-07-08, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks man. Yeah I hear ya, I rounded out my collection a little with some of my titles. The deals are great.
Old 07-10-08, 12:28 AM

How long does it normally take until orders are sent? I placed an order under the 25% sale last Wednesday 7/2, and received my email receipt right away. I noticed that the site listed all my items as "In Progress." I received a call from SecondSpin on Monday 7/7 to confirm name, address, and credit card info, all of which was correct. I'm a first-time customer who placed a large order, so maybe that was the problem? Checked the website and it listed two of my items as "Cancelled," but the others all still say "In Progress." It remains that way now, two nights later, and my card still hasn't been charged. I sent them an email and will call if there's no response by tomorrow. Has anybody else had this happen, and is it likely that more of my items will be cancelled? Most are no longer listed as in stock, so I really hope they were set aside for me after I sent my order.
Old 07-10-08, 03:04 AM

I received a package today from my order on Jul 2. Everything looked good, and no rattling. Im mostly pleased, even if the box the items came in didn't tell me where/who the package was from. (it was kinda freaky, lol)
Old 07-10-08, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by bmoore
I received a package today from my order on Jul 2. Everything looked good, and no rattling. Im mostly pleased, even if the box the items came in didn't tell me where/who the package was from. (it was kinda freaky, lol)
Usually the labels will list the return address as "Carson Distributing"
Old 07-10-08, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by TimTucker
Usually the labels will list the return address as "Carson Distributing"

They did, I just had no idea who it was. I just expected something with the website name on it, like DD for Deepdiscount or Rightstuf's name all over the package
Old 07-10-08, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by bmoore
They did, I just had no idea who it was. I just expected something with the website name on it, like DD for Deepdiscount or Rightstuf's name all over the package
I guess I've just been getting stuff from them for so long I just tend to take that for granted. Although I was thrown for a loop when I got the last large order I placed from them -- still said Carson Distributing on the mailing label, but they'd sent it out in a used Staples box!
Old 07-10-08, 04:59 PM

I placed an order late last week, which was shipped out on Monday. I got my cd in the mail Wednesday!!! For getting 20% off and free shipping, I was super impressed with Second Spin's service. Will definitely do business with them again!
Old 07-19-08, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got my order from the last sale today. Overall I'm pleased. Of the 16 titles I had two that were still sealed, and most of the others looked great. The only problems were a couple cases were trashed, a couple were formal rentals (any advice for getting rid of those stupid stickers on the ring of the disc?), and one disc looks like it was rubbed around on cement. So I've got to deal with a return on at least one.
Old 07-20-08, 01:05 AM
kk8
Cool New Member

I got one boxset where one of the discs was wrong and they sent me a whole second boxset free the same day.
Old 07-20-08, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actually had the same thing happen to me three times with the same boxed set (the original and both replacement sets had two copies of disc A instead of one copy of both disc A and disc B). Finally, they just gave up and refunded my $, telling me to do whatever I wanted to with the sets...

...BTW, does anyone have a copy of Teen Titans season 4 with 2 copies of disc 1? If so, I can trade.
Old 07-22-08, 09:36 AM

I have a question for everyone on this board!!!!!!

One of the movies in one of my orders came on a blank dvd that was burned.
Has anyone ever recieved a movie on a blank dvd that you burn o nthe computer or from a dvd recorder?

I think it is against the law to sell copies like this to anyone. It tells you the copy right laws at the begining of the dvds.

I was just shocked that I got the dvd movie that way and I was wondering if anyone else has ever gotton a movie like this from Secondspin? Also the art work cover was from a standard printer paper.
Old 07-22-08, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts
No, I've never received a burnt disc from SecondSpin.com. I'm sure, if you e-mailed them, that they would refund your money or send a replacement.
Old 07-22-08, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JazzyBill
I have a question for everyone on this board!!!!!!

One of the movies in one of my orders came on a blank dvd that was burned.
Has anyone ever recieved a movie on a blank dvd that you burn o nthe computer or from a dvd recorder?

I think it is against the law to sell copies like this to anyone. It tells you the copy right laws at the begining of the dvds.

I was just shocked that I got the dvd movie that way and I was wondering if anyone else has ever gotton a movie like this from Secondspin? Also the art work cover was from a standard printer paper.
May we know the title ?
Old 07-22-08, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DAMNIT! thought this coupon was active again...*sobs*
Old 07-22-08, 10:56 AM

Ah, I did too. Hey did the dvd happen to be Borat?

Last edited by radicaldeth; 07-22-08 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-22-08, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by radicaldeth
Ah, I did too. Hey did the dvd happen to be Borat?
ahhh... you've fallen in the same trap as i did sometime back. The dvd and it's casing was designed to apppear as a gimmick. Believe me, it is original.
Old 07-22-08, 12:54 PM

Texas Chainsaw Mascra
Old 07-22-08, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by punit
ahhh... you've fallen in the same trap as i did sometime back. The dvd and it's casing was designed to apppear as a gimmick. Believe me, it is original.
Nah, I meant hoping the sale was active. ^^ But seeing that Borat dvd the first time made me do a double take.