Best Buy Prices: March 16 - March 22, 2008

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Prices: March 16 - March 22, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-08, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to the Cambridge, MA one during lunch and picked it up. They had between 30-40 copies out on display. I love the art on the back of the steelbook.
Old 03-18-08, 02:29 PM

anyone pick up atonement w/ paperback? haven't had the chance to get to BB. is the paperback actually shrinkwrapped to the dvd? or is it separate and you take both to the register? if it IS shrinkwrapped to the dvd, is the dvd shrinkwrapped separately underneath, or once you open it, are both items open
Old 03-18-08, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pinata242
Originally Posted by speedy1961
++++ Buy any 2 Seasons o Battlestar Galactica together on the same receipt and get both for $60
Anybody think I can get this to work for BSG3 and BGS1-HD?
Well, the answer is no. However, the manager was very helpful in that she recommended I go get another SD season from the shelf for the deal and when I told her I already had them all and was wanting to upgrade my S1 to HD, she offered to just sell me S3 for $29.99. So, take that for what it's worth to you all.
Old 03-18-08, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

hmmmm where are the new ads for next week?
Old 03-18-08, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by shyguy1083
anyone pick up atonement w/ paperback? haven't had the chance to get to BB. is the paperback actually shrinkwrapped to the dvd? or is it separate and you take both to the register? if it IS shrinkwrapped to the dvd, is the dvd shrinkwrapped separately underneath, or once you open it, are both items open
The BB in Bellevue, WA didn't get theirs in yet. They did have the Enchanted book however.
Old 03-18-08, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by animatedude
hmmmm where are the new ads for next week?
I believe it was said that there isn't one because of Easter. There's going to be a special online ad though. Target is the same.
Old 03-18-08, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by shyguy1083
The book is shrinkwrapped onto the DVD, which is a sealed, normal retail copy. So you get to open two things.

And for interested parties, the HD-DVD is an unadvertised $20.99, just like the last Paramount titles were.
Old 03-18-08, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
I underestimated the popularity of Battlestar Galactica tonight

The closest BB to me (10 minutes) was completely sold out of BSG S3 but had tons of 2.5 (which I needed)

I had to drive 20+ miles to the other BB in my area and drive back in rush hour traffic to get my sets. That BB had tons of S3 but only 2 copies of 2.5.

Also it's probably been mentioned but the free Enchanted storybook is free with the purchase of the Blu-Ray version as well.
Old 03-18-08, 11:37 PM

The best buy in Sherman Oaks, CA did not get the book for atonement, a blue shirt told me they might have it tomorrow when the new shipment comes in.
Old 03-19-08, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DouglasRobert
These weren't listed in the ad, but neither Southland Tales or A Pup Named Scooby-Doo: Season One is available @ BB - well at least the one I went to.

So if you want ST, you'll likely have to go to Circuit City.

You may want to check another store, because I saw Southland Tales in BB, 62nd St & Broadway, NYC. I don't know about Tales of a Pup Name Scooby-Doo: S1.

Do you know if Southland Tales is any good? I like some of the actors in it, but don't know much about the movie.
Old 03-25-08, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by josh4040
The best buy in Sherman Oaks, CA did not get the book for atonement, a blue shirt told me they might have it tomorrow when the new shipment comes in.
The store I bought from (Bellevue, WA) didn't get any in till a couple of days ago. I provided my reward zone card this morning when purchasing The Mist dvd and the cs rep looked up my receipt to verify I bought Atonement and I was on my way. The paperback doesn't have a sku either. Just an fyi for those who missed out on this offer last week.